Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EC Traineeship March 2018

+91
WeReAllInThisTogether
kovt
Nat_nat
Karllst44
alex4us
OleSea
a.kuba
jtrindade
Guido94
chanipie
Hanna Montana
trajkovski23
Alexofeurope
anxious applicant
Nicpapac
charlieh
gabi
Ba_beach
kgzs
Luciasb
Yrokep
Regulation5
ptheo
waitingyes
lilkd
Julita
Marrow
Inferio
Nejck
giogio
Imogen
tomas333
jazz
nadine91
lei
MiguelB
Kakiedo_
zdr123
freddiem
lili
Andrea12
kateq15
felvgs
ELV
maria12@
jesss139
lavil
vitSvit
yogiyo
DanielaT93
ehoward
Ale__Ma
EuroIntern
ireland93
clmclara
deepblue91
stefani90
KL01
VerAnt
epa
dekey
brrrknstock
GrVT
hugoferram
b474
mp999
l.one
oldy
ACC
lesley77
hl5
boradoli
Rina54
LM8
s_i_f
Nevermind91
bliebla
luduf
Lisa93
nomedellarosa
Efi
5kova
beamendes95
Sante
ds19
jddcorte
Kristina M.
dilyanai
gerda666
andreeamaria
rzvr
95 posters
Go down
chanipie

EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 16 Empty Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm
To everyone still waiting for offers, I just wanted to inform you that I received an offer today (I had to decline) without having been previously contacted at all. So there's still hope!
lei

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm
[/hide]

Last edited by lei on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
lei

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm
chanipie wrote:To everyone still waiting for offers, I just wanted to inform you that I received an offer today (I had to decline) without having been previously contacted at all. So there's still hope!

Hi! Very good news! from which DG did you receive the offer please?
chanipie

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 pm
I received the offer from EUROSTAT, which was also my first choice. I'm EU, btw.
lei

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm
chanipie wrote:I received the offer from EUROSTAT, which was also my first choice. I'm EU, btw.

Thank you Very Happy Very Happy
vitSvit

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:10 am
Hi guys,

I'm non EU and I received an offer today !! So, I hope that during this and next week, other non-EU citizens will get some positive news.
Thus, I've been contacting my DG many times, they confirmed that they reserved me already in December. However, the process for non-EU takes time and it is way harder to get a position for non-EU citizen than I even thought. But it is possible. However, your profile should really correspond to the needs of the concrete Unit.
Any non-EU citizen, feel free to PM me if you need some advices.
Guido94

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:25 am
vitSvit wrote:Hi guys,

I'm non EU and I received an offer today !! So, I hope that during this and next week, other non-EU citizens will get some positive news.
Thus, I've been contacting my DG many times, they confirmed that they reserved me already in December. However, the process for non-EU takes time and it is way harder to get a position for non-EU citizen than I even thought. But it is possible. However, your profile should really correspond to the needs of the concrete Unit.
Any non-EU citizen, feel free to PM me if you need some advices.

Congratulations!!!
Which DG offered you a placement?
jtrindade

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 am
Hello everyone,

First of all, congratulations to all those who have received an offer! Secondly, to those who haven't, keep your hopes up: I was contacted yesterday and received a proposal this afternoon.

1) I got an offer from the ERC Executive Agency. They had only contacted me as a reply to my lobbying email saying the vacancy had already been filled.

2) After the pre-selection phase, I did not lobby for over a week. I did not know it was common practice until I discovered this very forum and all your invaluable input (thank you all for each and ever insight you have given the community). I sent emails to a few Units but, those which replied, had all chosen a candidate by then. That was until yesterday when I got the email from the ERC saying their first candidate would possibly not accept the offer, and today the confirmation - the fight goes on until the 2nd February!

3) I am EU

See you soon for some belgian fries
l.one

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:08 am
Congratulations! Fight well fought! Smile I couldn't concentrate on anything else but renewing my email every 10 minutes for last couple of weeks expecting to receive at least something.
alex4us

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am
Guys, I'm still waiting for the formal offer from the HR, considering that I had an informal offer right yesterday (which I accepted).
At the outset, however, the offeror told me that, within yesterday, she would have contacted the HR department to say there is "mutual interest" between me and her.

Is this normal? I think the whole process is becoming way to long, I'm exhausted lol
a.kuba

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm
alex4us wrote:Guys, I'm still waiting for the formal offer from the HR, considering that I had an informal offer right yesterday (which I accepted).
At the outset, however, the offeror told me that, within yesterday, she would have contacted the HR department to say there is "mutual interest" between me and her.

Is this normal? I think the whole process is becoming way to long, I'm exhausted lol

Hi, I am in an exact same situation as you, probably we shouldn't worry too much. EC officer I talked with told me that I should receive an official offer anytime until the end of the week, so probably it is the same for you too. Best luck!
l.one

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm
a.kuba, alex4us, are you guys EU or Non-EU?
a.kuba

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:21 pm
l.one wrote:a.kuba, alex4us, are you guys EU or Non-EU?

EU
felvgs

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm
From the facebook group, a former blue book trainee said that non-eu received the official offers almost 2 weeks after the EU did.
carlotta.serrac

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm
Hello!

I am a non-EU citizen and I got a call on Monday for the DG Translation. I was told I had been selected and I got an email to which I replied saying that I was taking the offer.
Today they called me again, saying that there might be some trouble with me not being a EU national and, when I asked, they said it could affect the whole traineeship (as in: it might not even happen).
I was very surprised to hear it, as in the call it is clearly stated that non-EU applicants are welcome to apply. I understand the longer security checks, but saying that the whole traineeship could not happen leaves me a bit speechless.
Has any other non-EU applicant been selected? If yes, what is happening with you right now?
I got only the unofficial email and the official binding offer is yet to come through because of this.
Thank you, fingers crossed.

Carlotta
felvgs

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:40 pm
carlotta.serrac wrote:Hello!

I am a non-EU citizen and I got a call on Monday for the DG Translation. I was told I had been selected and I got an email to which I replied saying that I was taking the offer.
Today they called me again, saying that there might be some trouble with me not being a EU national and, when I asked, they said it could affect the whole traineeship (as in: it might not even happen).
I was very surprised to hear it, as in the call it is clearly stated that non-EU applicants are welcome to apply. I understand the longer security checks, but saying that the whole traineeship could not happen leaves me a bit speechless.
Has any other non-EU applicant been selected? If yes, what is happening with you right now?
I got only the unofficial email and the official binding offer is yet to come through because of this.

Carlotta

That's very sad :/ I hope you do get the opportunity!
alex4us

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm
@ l.one : I'm an EU (Italian Smile )

@A.Kuba : good news then!!many thanks, "nice" to hear from someone in my same situation. Best luck to u too!!
l.one

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:14 pm
carlotta.serrac wrote:Hello!

Carlotta

Very sad. But I think it's not serious, they will have to find a way if they've already sent the offer. Honestly, I don't know what to expect right now. it was clearly stated that non-eu can apply even though they have lower probability of being selected.
l.one

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm
Guys, did anyone get a rejection letter?
OleSea

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm
Hi guys,

I am a non-EU citizen and I have written an email to EAC BUREAU DES STAGES asking if the selection procedure for translation unit is done or is still ongoing and when should we receive an answer.

I have received a quick reply. I think it will be helpful.

Pls find it below:

Dear Candidate,

We confirm that most of the placement offers were sent last week, but the  selection of trainees by DGs, services of the Commission and Agencies is ongoing.

If you have not received news of your application yet, it means indeed that you have not been selected in the first round.

If not selected yet, please note that the usual duration of the traineeship is 5 months but it can be shortened with a minimum of 3 months and with prior agreement of the hosting Directorate general.
Therefore not being selected for a traineeship starting on 1 March does not mean that you will not be at a later stage.

There is a large number of candidates who decline the placement offer.
When a candidate declines the offer, there is a place available that can be given to candidates not selected yet.
Therefore you have to be patient and hope that you will be selected in replacement of a candidate who has declined the offer. However if you have not received a placement offer by mid-April at the latest, it means that you will definitely not be selected for the March 2018 session.

I hope it was helpful.
Good luck, guys!
l.one

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 pm
OleSea wrote:Hi guys,

I am a non-EU citizen and I have written an email to EAC BUREAU DES STAGES asking if the selection procedure for translation unit is done or is still ongoing and when should we receive an answer.

I have received a quick reply. I think it will be helpful.

Pls find it below:

Dear Candidate,

We confirm that most of the placement offers were sent last week, but the  selection of trainees by DGs, services of the Commission and Agencies is ongoing.

If you have not received news of your application yet, it means indeed that you have not been selected in the first round.

If not selected yet, please note that the usual duration of the traineeship is 5 months but it can be shortened with a minimum of 3 months and with prior agreement of the hosting Directorate general.
Therefore not being selected for a traineeship starting on 1 March does not mean that you will not be at a later stage.

There is a large number of candidates who decline the placement offer.
When a candidate declines the offer, there is a place available that can be given to candidates not selected yet.
Therefore you have to be patient and hope that you will be selected in replacement of a candidate who has declined the offer. However if you have not received a placement offer by mid-April at the latest, it means that you will definitely not be selected for the March 2018 session.

I hope it was helpful.
Good luck, guys!

I hope it's only applicable to Translation traineeship candidates
Nat_nat

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 am
Hi there,

I received the offer yesterday from the Research and Innovation Smile
l.one

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 am
Nat nat, are you EU or Non-EU?
alex4us

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm
@A.Kuba

any news? May I know from which DG u were offered the position?
mp999

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 pm
Nat_nat what is your background? Did you have an interview?
l.one

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:59 pm
For future reference, it would have saved a lot of time if "I got an offer today/yesterday!" type of messages were accompanied with details Smile Because we don't know anything about each other, and the fact that some hypothetical guy received an offer doesn't say anything at all and raises a lot of questions, in any case you'll be receiving many questions like "are you Non-EU or EU?", "did you have an interview with that Unit?", "did you lobby?", etc. Smile
Karllst44

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:43 pm
Hi everyone ! I just received an offer today, directly in my EC-account (around 11:30 am) for an internship under the DG GROW. Until this moment, I didn't get any reply from my lobbying, any call, e-mail, nothing-at-ALL... So, don't loose hope if you're still waiting ! I think that even if you're booked since the beginning, some DG are just very slow to let you know the final outcome. Wink
l.one

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm
Congratulations, Karllst! And thank you for the motivation! Smile
maria12@

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm
Hey, guys!

I also received an offer today from DG GROW. I did lobby for the unit, but they did not reply at that time. However, they called me two days ago to ask if I am interested. I am from the EU.

Don't loose hope. Offers are still to come apparently.

Lots of luck!
l.one

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm
You, guys, are giving us so much hope! Thank you for that! Enjoy your stay in Belgium Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum