Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+41
max_7
majT
hopeful_intern
Oleksandr
FJ90
nh5
fh14
al117
mickeymouse
c_l
ansich
ajenne
UncleChaz
Jaap S.
Arowana
bgh123
Noorci
Nordlund
Bea!
Kakiedo_
carolina40
Mauriceh
mon
Dorine-S
AlexSml
SedLex
freddiefreddie
Els
Lib91
Monicaa
mariusaleksandr23
GwladysF
MoritzG
s_i_f
ewcius
Markadeg
zipac
csmn08
Valerias
SarahNiMhairtin
ralamaro
45 posters
Go down
mickeymouse

Interviews - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviews

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:22 pm
Guys was anyone asked to send their work related documents? (Proof of employment or internships etc. )
SedLex

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 pm
mickeymouse wrote:Guys was anyone asked to send their work related documents? (Proof of employment or internships etc. )

No, only degrees, ID and application form.
mickeymouse

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 am
SedLex wrote:
mickeymouse wrote:Guys was anyone asked to send their work related documents? (Proof of employment or internships etc. )

No, only degrees, ID and application form.

Oh okay, Thank You SedLex Smile
Bea!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:01 am
Hi! I was shortlisted too for the traineeship for university graduates at the EP and have sent all the documents on Monday! Anyway, since the deadline to submit them was July 21st (at least, in my emailXD) I don't think either of us will get an offer for now: we can start panicking from July 24th onwards! lol!
Still, I wanted to share with you something that happened maybe a month ago or something: I got a phone call from the EP with a lady telling me that they needed a trainee for a different position from the one I had applied for and that they needed it urgently. I was supposed to start in two weeks time; so I asked her if I had to do another interview in order to be selected for that particular traineeship and she said that, since my profile was suitable to their needs and they needed this trainee asap, I could consider myself selected on the basis of that phone call we were having. Unfortunately, I could not accept it, at that time, but she told me not to worry and that I could still be selected for the October 1st traineeship session. Which is exactly what happened. Now, has something like this happend to some of you? Thanks in advance for your answers Very Happy
ansich

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 am
I understand that there have not been any offers sent yet, but has anyone at least received a confirmation of receipt of the documents?
Bea!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:13 am
I haven't received anything, so far! Maybe they are waiting for everybody to send their documents, I don't know
mon

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 am
Hey guys, has anyone from shortlisted candidates received a specification of a DG/department/secretary/unit, which shortlisted them in the email? I was shortlisted and in the email there is no specification at all. So I am wondering whether I was alone or whether it has happened to all of you, since it seems that the last year they sent the specification already in the email informing about shortlisting. Regarding the confirmation of receiving the sent documents I think they will confirm just at the end of month/beg of August, at least they did so the last year. Also it seems that the last year the offers were sent just at the end of August.:/
MiguelB

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 am
Bea! wrote:Hi! I was shortlisted too for the traineeship for university graduates at the EP and have sent all the documents on Monday! Anyway, since the deadline to submit them was July 21st (at least, in my emailXD) I don't think either of us will get an offer for now: we can start panicking from July 24th onwards! lol!
Still, I wanted to share with you something that happened maybe a month ago or something: I got a phone call from the EP with a lady telling me that they needed a trainee for a different position from the one I had applied for and that they needed it urgently. I was supposed to start in two weeks time; so I asked her if I had to do another interview in order to be selected for that particular traineeship and she said that, since my profile was suitable to their needs and they needed this trainee asap, I could consider myself selected on the basis of that phone call we were having. Unfortunately, I could not accept it, at that time, but she told me not to worry and that I could still be selected for the October 1st traineeship session. Which is exactly what happened. Now, has something like this happend to some of you? Thanks in advance for your answers Very Happy

You're right, but the reason why I asked is that I read in the February 2017 traineeship some people received an offer just a few hours or days after sending the documents. So I was wondering if someone here was also that lucky. Wink

But hey, that so cool that they approached you for another traineeship position. I'll take that as a positive sign for the future. Good luck!
MiguelB

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:41 am
mon wrote:Hey guys, has anyone from shortlisted candidates received a specification of a DG/department/secretary/unit, which shortlisted them in the email? I was shortlisted and in the email there is no specification at all. So I am wondering whether I was alone or whether it has happened to all of you, since it seems that the last year they sent the specification already in the email informing about shortlisting. Regarding the confirmation of receiving the sent documents I think they will confirm just at the end of month/beg of August, at least they did so the last year. Also it seems that the last year the offers were sent just at the end of August.:/

Hey Mon,

I didn't received any specification, just that I'm shortlisted. But what I understand of the February 2017 traineeship topic is that they changed the procedure for this year and dropped the specifications. Shortlisted now also means that you could be among those selected or that you're on the reserve list.
Mauriceh

Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:04 pm
Good luck to everybody these final weeks before the confirmation!

Once you received the definite offer, please join the facebook group for the October 2017 cycle: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EPTraineeshipOctober2017

On behalf of the Schuman Trainees' Committee,

Maurice
zipac

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:43 pm
hi guys,

i have sent documents on friday and i still didnt receive anything...

good luck to you all
carolina40

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:52 am
Hi Alex,
I'm in the same situation! Shortlisted with no added info, and I'm not sure how they will finally make their decisions.
I applied for the journalism option, but in the email I received they didn't specify if I had been shortlisted for that option - they just said "traineeship for university graduates in the Secretariat of the European Parliament".
I sent all proof of my journalism experience anyway.

Wonder what to do now, whether to start lobbying or not!

Good luck to everyone guys!

AlexSml wrote:Hello everyone,

Last Friday, I've received the email stating that I've been shortlisted for a traineeship. It makes very clear that an offer is not guaranteed. So I was wondering: if all documents are complete and sent on time, then there shouldn't be any problem with the offer, right? Anyone knows something about this?

In addition, has anyone else applied for the journalistic option?

I hadn't received any phone call prior to this email. Or, at least, one that reached me.

Looking forward to seeing you in Brussels!

Alex
zipac

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:47 pm
i have received an offer around noon, good luck guys
Els

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 pm
Congrats! Smile Thanks for the info. May I ask in which department?
Arowana

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:49 pm
Hello,

I have also received an offer today.

Good luck to everyone!
Bea!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:52 pm
Congratulations to both of you! Fingers crossed for the rest of us!
Kakiedo_

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm
Congrats! to those of you with the offer: do they ask you to accept AND send a copy of your criminal record straight away?
In the shortlist email it said you might have to provide it but it didnt specify when.
zipac

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:03 pm
is anybody going to decline an offer? what happens in that case? is there any chance of being contacted from another unit?
Arowana

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:08 pm
Hello Kakiedo_,

This is what the email states:

"However, this offer is only valid on condition that:

· you provide a scanned copy of a criminal record, no older than 6 months and issued by the country in which you have been resident for most of the last 12 months. Please note that the Competent Authority has a right to withdraw this offer in case your criminal record does not meet the European Parliament’s character references (Article 5, paragraph 1 (e) of the Internal Rules);

·you confirm your acceptance by replying to this e-mail. In case we do not receive your confirmation within 3 working days, the traineeship will be offered to another shortlisted candidate and your application will be rejected."

I don't quite understand it myself if it is mandatory to send it right away, but I will send it with the confirmation anyway.
Els

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 pm
Would still be great to know what departments people got accepted to. Perhaps that can provide those not sent with an offer some clarity in being put on the waiting list or not
ansich

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:56 pm
@zipac: If you decline, I believe that your application will be rejected, and with it, the traineeship as well. This much follows from the extract that Arowana provided.

@Arowana
The message of that wording is kind of vague. It does not specifically link the three day period with the requirement to send the scanned copy of a criminal record, however, it does not state when that record should be sent either. Usually it takes at least a couple of days before the extract of the criminal record can be obtained, so the 3-day deadline would be awfully tight, if it would apply to the providing of this document as well. If you already have it, then of course it's better to just send it together with your confirmation email.

@Els: I was surprised that people already received an offer, since today was the deadline for providing the required documents. I wasn't expecting anybody receiving offers until at least Monday.
Els

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 pm
@ansich yea me too!

Another question for those with offeres: did the email feel like a standard email similar to the shortlisted email and was it sent from the same email address or was it more specified, coming from the department issuing the offer?
Bea!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 pm
Arowana wrote:Hello Kakiedo_,

This is what the email states:

"However, this offer is only valid on condition that:

· you provide a scanned copy of a criminal record, no older than 6 months and issued by the country in which you have been resident for most of the last 12 months. Please note that the Competent Authority has a right to withdraw this offer in case your criminal record does not meet the European Parliament’s character references (Article 5, paragraph 1 (e) of the Internal Rules);

·you confirm your acceptance by replying to this e-mail. In case we do not receive your confirmation within 3 working days, the traineeship will be offered to another shortlisted candidate and your application will be rejected."

I don't quite understand it myself if it is mandatory to send it right away, but I will send it with the confirmation anyway.

I think you just have to confirm that you intend to accept the offer, for now, and then provide the criminal record, but when it's ready. After all, there is a whole weekend between today and the end of this deadline they gave you. I don't think anyone would be able to get such a document on Saturday or Sunday that easily! I am sure you have plenty of time to send them your criminal record; for the time being, you probably only have to confirm their offer.
I mean, it would be a bit "demanding" from them to require otherwise Shocked
Nordlund

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:04 pm
Hi!  I received my offer on Wednesday as well. Declined it tho, as I had already accepted another offer. Best of luck to you all!
Dorine-S

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:34 am
Hey guys,
Did anyone else apply for the information office in Madrid? Would indeed be helpful to know where everyone is getting accepted! Good luck!
MoritzG

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:02 am
Hi people!

Do you know if there is a deadline for the units to send the offers to shortlisted candidates?

Good luck to you all Smile
AlexSml

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 am
MoritzG wrote:Hi people!

Do you know if there is a deadline for the units to send the offers to shortlisted candidates?

Good luck to you all Smile

Hi Moritz,

I don't think they have set a deadline for sending out the final offers. The only deadline they announce is the one on the 15th of September. By then, all shortlisted candidates will know whether they have been selected or not.
s_i_f

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:32 pm
What happens if I accept the offer from the Parliament and then decline it? I have accepted an other opportunity I was offered 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything since then from their HR because they seem to be on holiday. Today is my deadline...
ansich

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:40 pm
Check Article 11:http://www.europarl.europa.eu/pdf/traineeships/20130718-general_rules_EN.pdf

It does not mention your specific case though, where you would probably cancel before the traineeships would even start. But I think that kind of unexpected cancellations happen every year, that's why the final deadline is 15th September. If no money is received, then there shouldn't be that many problems, I guess. However you should ask them for an authoritative interpretation, but in your case that's hard to do, because you're essentially asking if you can decline after getting a better offer. You really should call the company/institution that promised you a position and see where things stand or if you can sign the contract right away.
hopeful_intern

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:55 pm
s_i_f wrote:What happens if I accept the offer from the Parliament and then decline it? I have accepted an other opportunity I was offered 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything since then from their HR because they seem to be on holiday. Today is my deadline...

Created an account just to reply!

I was offered an internship at the Council of the EU and accepted, but a few weeks before it was meant to begin, I was offered a different internship which I accepted. I emailed the Council of the EU to say I had to turn it down because of an offer "better suited to my thesis topic" (which was true), and they confirmed my termination. Nothing else happened.

So I would just accept the EP traineeship so then you're certain you have something. I imagine they're used to people changing their minds/having different or better offers come up.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum