Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+41
max_7
majT
hopeful_intern
Oleksandr
FJ90
nh5
fh14
al117
mickeymouse
c_l
ansich
ajenne
UncleChaz
Jaap S.
Arowana
bgh123
Noorci
Nordlund
Bea!
Kakiedo_
carolina40
Mauriceh
mon
Dorine-S
AlexSml
SedLex
freddiefreddie
Els
Lib91
Monicaa
mariusaleksandr23
GwladysF
MoritzG
s_i_f
ewcius
Markadeg
zipac
csmn08
Valerias
SarahNiMhairtin
ralamaro
45 posters
Go down
Arowana

Interviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Interviews

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am
Hello MoritzG,
I remember I have read somewhere that you can print a blank application form and write the information by hand. There was also a link to download the blank form. I am not sure where this was stated and if it is still valid but try searching in the FAQ section!
MoritzG

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am
Thank you for your response.

That was my first ideas aswell but for some reason I can't find the mail.
GwladysF

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:08 pm
MiguelB wrote:Btw just wondering, for those who received a phone call and an interview. In which language were the interviews? In your native language or in one of the additional ones you mentioned in your application? And what kind of questions do they ask? bounce

Hi Miguel, the interviews in my case were in English and French because I declared I can speak these two languages (plus my native one). They asked me questions related to my CV and my knowledge of EU policies in specific sectors... but nothing in details. One office also asked me for a copy of my MA thesis.

Wish you the best of luck!
mariusaleksandr23

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:31 pm
So we should presume that those who have not received a preselection notice yet won't receive a positive answer? Assuming that some people here received those e-mails on 14th and 15th of July. Or we should expect for the next days to come?
Monicaa

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm
mariusaleksandr23 you are talking about the offer I guess, not about the preselection notice which was received on 26th june?

I didn't receive an offer yet and I was not contacted by any units. But I still wait and hope for positive news Smile My account is againg switching languages, I take it as a good sign!

Good luck!
Els

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 pm
Some people got the email telling them they were shortlisted for the EP last friday (14/7), like myself. Not sure what you are referring to monicaa
Monicaa

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:25 pm
Oh, sorry! I was talking about the EC, I am totally out of topic Smile))
mariusaleksandr23

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Hello, Monicaa. I was talking about what Els is referring to. Don't know anything about the 26th of June.

I have applied for a Schumann internship in the Information Office in Rome, as my preferred position, as my background is connected to Italy and I can speak Italian fluently. This is the first time I'm applying.

I was just looking on your replies here and I was wondering if all of the preselection e-mails, those that Els spoke about, were all sent on Friday and that I shouldn't be expecting nothing but a negative answer.
AlexSml

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
So far, nobody in this forum mentioned receiving an offer. Only shortlisted candidates have been contacted last Friday (the 14th) and asked to submit their documents. I've personally sent them this morning.

Now, fingers crossed. For all of you guys.
Monicaa

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:30 pm
Sorry, sorry, my bad!

Me neigher, I didn't receive anything for the EP traineeship! But they said end of july, so I guess there is still time.
AlexSml

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm
mariusaleksandr23 wrote:Hello, Monicaa. I was talking about what Els is referring to. Don't know anything about the 26th of June.

I have applied for a Schumann internship in the Information Office in Rome, as my preferred position, as my background is connected to Italy and I can speak Italian fluently. This is the first time I'm applying.

I was just looking on your replies here and I was wondering if all of the preselection e-mails, those that Els spoke about, were all sent on Friday and that I shouldn't be expecting nothing but a negative answer.

Well, mariusaleksandr23, it might not be a very positive sign that you haven't received any email on Friday, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're already out. Maybe they're still contacting people. You can't know. Just stay cool.
Lib91

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm
Hi guys,
this is going to be the third (and last) time I apply for the internship. Not even this time I received the good news.

Anyway, I want to share with you just the fact that in all my attempts all candidates (shortlisted and reserve list) received the invitation to send docs in the same days while the others in the next days the rejection email.

It is true that the deadline is end of july, but it has been always the end of july, and always the invitation emails arrived around 15 july with an error of a couple of days if the 15 is no-wrking-day.

good luck to all of you and congrats to the shortlisted Smile
do not lose the hope and try again if it's necessary Smile

Monicaa

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm
Hey Lib91!

So you mean that if we didn't receive the message telling us that we were shortlisted, we should just wait for a rejection message?
I was too optimistic then Smile
Lib91

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 pm
Based on my past experinces (oct 2016 and feb 2017) no invitation in the day in which the shortlisted received the invitation to send docs meant that you were not shortlisted. Maybe they have changed the procedure but who knows with certainty?

Anyway, until you receive the rejection there's hope at least because we do not know if they have changed the procedure. Their procedure is a "custom" not a law.

If I can, I am just curious about the backgrounds of the shortlisted because I still do not have understood what profile they are looking for.

The first time (oc 2016) I applied I was graduating the in MSC and they inserted me in the reserve list.
The second time (feb 2017) I had a BSC, MSC and an experience in an important think tank and they rejected my application.
This time I am close to finish my master post lauream but probably rejected.

It's quite funny Smile
Els

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm
What's your nationality? I've heard that this plays a large role as well as they have nationality quotas

Last edited by Els on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mariusaleksandr23

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm
That's why I asked about whether all of the preselection notices are being sent at the same time for everybody, or if we should expect to receive an answer in a period of a few days.
Lib91

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm
Yes, I have heard this thing too. This is definetely true, it's also written in the rules book about traineeship at EP.

Anyway: italian Smile
Els

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:02 pm
your nationality might definitely be a reason then.. I have Italian friends with similar experience as you and if I understood them correctly, really a lot of Italians apply compared to many other nationalities Sad

Last edited by Els on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lib91

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm
mariusaleksandr23 wrote:That's why I asked about whether all of the preselection notices are being sent at the same time for everybody, or if we should expect to receive an answer in a period of a few days.

Just have a look to past threads.
all groups received the same messagge in the same day, most of times in the same min.

Not just a coincindence and my personal past experiences confirm that, at least for me Smile
mariusaleksandr23

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Okay, got you. This is my first experience with this training. Thank you for sharing your experience. I was thinking the same, to be honest, that since many people received that e-mail those who haven't are to be rejected.
Kakiedo_

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm
Hi,
I have a question regarding the "preferred postings" section on my form.
I sent my application quite a while ago and I dont exactly remember the options given. So, if in my form it says preferred postings: The Hague and Paris, does this mean I am considered just for these postings? (as opposed to Brussels)
I vaguely remember something along the lines of "most traineeships are in Brussels, Lux and Strasbourg but you can add two additional postings"
Thanks!!
K
Markadeg

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm
Hey guys,

I know this isn't relevant to this topic, but was wondering whether anyone has applied for the legal traineeship at the Court of Justice of the European Union? If so, have you received any updates on the status of your application?
freddiefreddie

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm
ralamaro wrote:Hi all,

I applied for the internship of February, and Els has summarised pretty well how the new process works now. So, the ones who have received the email stating we are shortlisted we are either selected either put on the waiting list. Once we will send the documents, the ones who have been selected will be contacted (this can take hours or days), and the ones on the waiting list will not receive any answer unless somebody renounces, or until 15 days before the internship starts, when they send an email saying you have been rejected. It is a pretty nerve wrecking process, but people who did not expect that would be accepted were finally so you should not lower your arms  Very Happy.

So as to the documents, I have read in the FAQs of the internship that they can be written in any of the EU official languages.

Good luck to everyone! Very Happy

Thank you and Els for this info! So I should not be too excited about being shortlisted this time and not put on reserve list like last time I applied.. tongue

As I wrote in a previous post I got an email from a directorat asking if I am still interested in a traineeship at the parliament. When I said yes, they replied that they still don't know whether this particular section will get a trainee since it was not yet decided which member state sections will get trainees. They will get back to me as soon as they know. I have no idea though if I am their first choice.. A few days later I got the email from Stages about being shortlisted.
MiguelB

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:38 pm
GwladysF wrote:
MiguelB wrote:Btw just wondering, for those who received a phone call and an interview. In which language were the interviews? In your native language or in one of the additional ones you mentioned in your application? And what kind of questions do they ask? bounce

Hi Miguel, the interviews in my case were in English and French because I declared I can speak these two languages (plus my native one). They asked me questions related to my CV and my knowledge of EU policies in specific sectors... but nothing in details. One office also asked me for a copy of my MA thesis.

Wish you the best of luck!

Thnx GwladysF!
Good to know. I might need to update my EU policies knowledge already. You never know if they call. Smile
MiguelB

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:40 pm
Did anyone already received a reply after sending the documents with an offer?
Let's keep each other posted about any offers being made. bounce

Good luck to all!
SedLex

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm
MiguelB wrote:Did anyone already received a reply after sending the documents with an offer?

Good luck to all!

Hi MiguelB!

I submitted my documents on Friday but I haven't received an offer yet.
mickeymouse

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 pm
Hey! Was anyone asked to send documents of work or was it just university degree?
AlexSml

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:22 pm
MiguelB wrote:Did anyone already received a reply after sending the documents with an offer?

Good luck to all!

Hello Miguel.

I've sent the documents yesterday at around noon. No news ever since. I'll keep you guys posted.

Good luck everyone!
ralamaro

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm
Hi same for me, sent them around 11 am yesterday, and no answer for the moment. I will also tell you something if I recieve something.

Good Luck!
Dorine-S

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 pm
Hi everyone!
I also received an email saying that I'm on a shortlist last Friday, sent the documents yesterday but I have received no offer yet, good luck to you all!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum