Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmation e-mail!

+30
silvyb88
katunca
maltina
shteffy
Frouke6464
Ellen1990
pagucristian
SOFSOL
Pavlina.cz
travisfull
poppins
helenam
mihi
Laia
Smilyfunny
IndiaDublin
cp2010
delta86
jnysg
annalo
Molina
mariammc
lucia_roman
Danisha
Coffee87
tutu
pamg
andradaiulia
luisph
eeritrejaa
34 posters
Go down
shteffy

Confirmation e-mail! - Page 3 Empty Re: Confirmation e-mail!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 am
Hey guys! Congrats for those who received an email. I have a quick question. Can you access your account? I know that I passed but now I'm trying to access it again and is not working. Also, are you going to send any emails to the DGs or wait to be contacted by them?
pagucristian

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 am
Frouke6464 wrote:Hi guys,

Server is up and running again (although you still have to be patient…).

no it's not. i've been monitoring the server all night and it's been down since 8 or 9 pm
Frouke6464

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:18 am
That's strange, I accessed it some 25 minutes ago. Notice confirming that I am preselected.
It's obviously still overloaded then...
maltina

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 am
For those who had this problem:
"Attention! Your session has expired or you have not logged in correctly to your account. Please click on the link below to proceed with logging into your account."

Try to access the server from a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). I have received this suggestion from the technical support service and it worked Smile
Pavlina.cz

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:31 am
maltina wrote:For those who had this problem:
"Attention! Your session has expired or you have not logged in correctly to your account. Please click on the link below to proceed with logging into your account."

Try to access the server from a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). I have received this suggestion from the technical support service and it worked Smile

I had this problem and now it is working :-)
andradaiulia

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 am
Hi, people!

After sending a few lobbying emails, I only received one answer from a head of Unit saying: "I'm sorry, we will not have a vacancy in the Division for March 2014". Do you think he was talking just about his unit or the entire MD (MD V - Americas, it in the EEAS)?
katunca

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:55 am
damn it.. I still get the announcement that there is a server inaccessibility Sad

But good that it now works for you guys!!!
eeritrejaa

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:21 am
Danisha wrote:I've done both.

So you sent lobbying emails to heads if units and to mails provided in the application system? Could you please tell me if you got any answers yet, especially from the emails in the application system?
Danisha

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:27 am
So you sent lobbying emails to heads if units and to mails provided in the application system? Could you please tell me if you got any answers yet, especially from the emails in the application system?[/quote]

I've received 5 answers from different units (EEAS K2, FPI 3, HOME B3, JUST C1 and C2) saying that they are not allocated trainees for the March session. Those emails were sent directly to HoUs. I've also received automatic replies from the emails specified in the confirmation of pre-selection, which just said that the selection was on going and that it wasn't possible to give any specific information.
eeritrejaa

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:31 am
Ok, thanks!
I also received this answer, from R3 unit of Secretariat:
Dear candidate,
I thank you for your interest in applying for a traineeship in our Unit. We can only select trainees from the Blue Book when the procedure will be lounged in January 2014. The Traineeship Office will keep you informed.
Any request for information about the final selection/recruitment must be addressed to the Traineeship Office, which is solely entitled to inform candidates on the selection results and to send placement offers.
Thank you for your comprehension.
andradaiulia

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:34 am
I don't understand. They won't look applications or contact anyone, not even for interview, etc., untill January?
pamg

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:35 am
It doesn't make much sense to me. According to the traineeships office website, the selection starts in December 2013, and the sending of offers will start mid-January 2014.

This means that, by January the selection is supposed to be made.
eeritrejaa

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am
pamg wrote:It doesn't make much sense to me. According to the traineeships office website, the selection starts in December 2013, and the sending of offers will start mid-January 2014.

This means that, by January the selection is supposed to be made.

Exactly, I understood the same, that's why this reply bothers me  Shocked 
Danisha

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am
From what I have received the selection has started, e.g.:

Dear Madam/Dear Sir,
Thank you for your e-mail requesting information on the traineeship possibilities in the Directorate "Foreign Policy Instruments" for Blue Book selected candidates.
Please be informed that the selection process has started and that Head of Units are now selecting the most suitable candidates according to profile requirements and the number of places available.
At this stage, it is not possible to give you any specific information or to invite you for an interview. However, the Heads of unit may contact you during the selection process to discuss the possibility of a traineeship with you.
Should you ultimately be selected, you will receive personally a letter with all the necessary information about the recruitment process from the Traineeship Office, as from 15th January 2014.
I wish you good luck for the selection.
pamg

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:41 am
I have sent a couple of emails. No replies yet, though. But yes, from what is being posted around the forum, the selection has definitely started!
tutu

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 am
Hi guys!

Just to let you know, I already had an interview, said he already called few other people as well, so definetely they are already choosing
pamg

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:47 am
wow. already? nice.

which unit, if you don't mind me asking.
tutu

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 am
It was DG Markt, 20 min, said what they do and then asked me about my relevant work experience and academic background.
eeritrejaa

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:54 am
20 min?!?!?!
pamg

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am
I actually sent an email do a unit in DG Markt.

If they are already making interviews, I guess I won't have any luck with them Razz
tutu

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:03 pm
Well i sent email only to one and i think they have trainees in more units, so there are still great chances for you
travisfull

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm
tutu wrote:Hi guys!

Just to let you know, I already had an interview, said he already called few other people as well, so definetely they are already choosing

wowoow...I envy you man!
Whats your background?
mihi

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 pm
i sent an email to my appointed desk asking for some information and I still haven't got a reply? should I call them?
pamg

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:36 pm
Just received this email from DG SANCO

«The e-bluebook database of the European Commission Traineeships Office will be opened for the Commission Units & services to select their trainees in the beginning of January. We will then filter some applications that are suitable for the tasks of our Unit and after careful comparison we will select the applicant that is best qualified for the requirements of the position.
We could keep your application on file until then, but this is not in any way a guarantee that you will be selected for the position.»

It seems weird (that they are delaying it for January), considering the information on the traineeships office website.
silvyb88

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 pm
Hi everybody! Where do you find the message about the result of the eligibility check in your ECAS account? I enter the account but I still can't find any message...
Francy_87

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:30 pm
This is an automatic reply from DEVCO:

Dear Madam/Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail requesting information on the traineeship possibilities in EuropAid for Blue Book selected candidates.

Please be informed that the selection process has started and that Head of Units are now selecting the most suitable candidates according to profile requirements and the number of places available. We give a strong due consideration to candidates motivated to work in the field of aid management.

At this stage, it is not possible to give you any specific information or to invite you for an interview. However, the Heads of unit may contact you during the selection process to discuss the possibility of a traineeship with you.

Should you ultimately be selected, you will receive personally a letter with all the necessary information about the recruitment process from the Traineeship Office, as from 15th January 2014.

Yours sincerely,

Maddy TIHON
Stage Coordinator in DEVCO and FPI"
eeritrejaa

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:32 pm
Francy_87 wrote:This is an automatic reply from DEVCO:

Dear Madam/Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail requesting information on the traineeship possibilities in EuropAid for Blue Book selected candidates.

Please be informed that the selection process has started and that Head of Units are now selecting the most suitable candidates according to profile requirements and the number of places available. We give a strong due consideration to candidates motivated to work in the field of aid management.

Yours sincerely,

Maddy TIHON

Stage Coordinator in DEVCO and FPI"

Were you lobbying at their general mail or at heads of units?
Francy_87

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:37 pm
I tried with the general e-mail.. Just to see their reaction!
eeritrejaa

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:40 pm
Because I sent emails to heads of units at DEVCO and didn't get any response so far, not even that they won't be taking a trainee...
Francy_87

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:59 pm
And this is the automatic reply from the general e-mail of the Education and Culture DG (EAC-BLUE-BOOK-STAGIAIRES@ec.europa.eu):

"Dear preselected candidate,

I thank you for the interest that you have shown in the Directorate-General for Education and Culture (DG EAC).

It is not necessary to send your cv again to DG EAC since all the relevant information you mentioned in your application form figures in the "Virtual Blue Book" and is available to the people responsible for the trainee's selection (except all personal details).

In agreement with the Traineeships Office's policy and in order to respect equal treatment of candidates, the Directorate-General endeavours not to invite you to Brussels and prefers to carry out any interviews by telephone. Please note that those interviews are not compulsory which means that you might be contacted or not.

Final selection will be closed at the beginning of January 2014. At this stage, no traineeship may be guaranteed. If you are selected by the Directorate-General for Education and Culture, the Traineeships Office will inform you by e-mail and then send you a trainee placement offer from mid-January 2014.

Should your first application be unsuccessful, you can still apply for a subsequent exercise, provided you are still eligible. You must, however, make a fresh application. This should be done on-line following the guidelines on the Traineeships Office website at

http://ec.europa.eu/stages.

Yours faithfully"

So, the selection phase has definitely begun... good luck to everybody!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum