Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MartaPL

Diploma Supplement Empty Diploma Supplement

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:11 pm
Just a quick question:

I've finished BA and Master - is it necessary to send diploma supplements of both?

Or is it enough if I send:
- a copy of BA diploma (with final grade but without the supplement)
- a copy of MA diploma + the supplement

Thanks!
travisfull

Diploma Supplement Empty Re: Diploma Supplement

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm
I don't think you need a diploma supplement. Every university in the world offers a "certification" service; as such you have to download or request your grades+your final grade at your university.
DutchBB

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 pm
I was wondering the same when I applied for the upcoming traineeship. I did send all my supplements of all my diploma's, even though I knew it was double because I didn't want to run the chance of being rejected or something just because I didn't send some supplements. I left it to their judgement whether it would be necessary, if not: they can throw it in a bin. Besides it didn't make a difference for the postal service price if I were sending one supplement or four.

Good luck!
at86

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:31 pm
When in doubt add it Smile
MartaPL

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:19 pm
Thank you guys!

DutchBB I will do the same, just in case I will send all the papers.

Just one more question:
Does the copy of diploma supplement have to be legally confirmed, by a notary for example?
DutchBB

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 pm
Not sure, I don't remember what the rules say, but usually - in holland at least - if you apply officially you do have to provide proof of your degrees. Sending the originals isn't smart, so you send notarised copies of the degrees. I don't know how it is in your country, if you're not from holland, but here you can ask the university where you have studied, for free, to copy the degrees and put official university stamps on the copies. I did this and send those copies to the TO.
mario17

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm
Hi,
regarding your question about diploma supplements, it says here that they should be provided:
http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/faq_en.htm
Is it necessary to provide the Europass Diploma Supplement or the University Transcripts?
- Yes. This document allows us to assess your academic curriculum.

btw. if I have a BA in languages which I apply for, do I have to provide some additional statement by university that I know those languages, or is it already considered that I know those languages and need no additional proof of languge? tnx Smile
mlle

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:06 pm
Had the same question when I applied to the EC but as it was close to the deadline and it would have taken weeks to get the diploma supplement from my university, I sent it without the supplement and still got preselected so for me it did not matter and I'll probably send the application without the diploma supplement again...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum