Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fibica

Do you think it's possible to get two official offers? Empty Do you think it's possible to get two official offers?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 pm
I'm wondering because I already know i'm selected for one DG, but i would prefer to be selected for another one. Smile Although ofcourse i'm not gonna reject the first offer if it's gonna be the only one i got. Do you think it's possible to get two official offers from the Traineeship office?
risinmojo

Do you think it's possible to get two official offers? Empty Re: Do you think it's possible to get two official offers?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm
fibica: I dont think so you could get two offers, first come, first serve, I guess...

I know it has already been discussed earlier, but I just wanna be sure. I sent few emails to several units and I got one informal, quite pleasant phone call this Wednesday from U where I lobbied of course. I was soo happy they called me, although that guy didnt promise me anything like "you got the offer (unoffically)". I got also nice email during Friday (I mean yesterday, so it is still running!!) "we are intersted, if you are still available, can we please manage a phone call with you next Monday (what is not actually usual to arrange phone meeting in advance, I guess)." I also lobbied in this U and Im just wondering how it works. Are we still in VBB if some unit selected us, and we are still visible for other units? And these units are able to contact us. Or we arent in VBB, because we have been selected?? What would mean for me that the unit who first called me didnt select me and I have to hope for next phone call...it is just ridiculous to think like that.
fibica

Do you think it's possible to get two official offers? Empty Re: Do you think it's possible to get two official offers?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 pm
Ok, let's say it like this. I get an offer from one DG and the other one doesn't write yet because they comunicate their final decision directly to the Traineeship office (happened many times before to people). So, now the Trainee.office has the lists and lets say my name appears on the list of 2 DGs. How do they decide which final offer to send me?
I know i'm in DG Sanco already, for which i didn't lobby at all, and i did lobby for DG EAC and EACEA. But still no reply for them. I'm not that interested in SANCO, so i'm not that happy with that offer, but i'm not gonna reject it if it will be my final one.
And i would be so disappointed if lets say i find out i got selected for both DGs but in some way SANCO was faster and then i got in there.
So, how does the Trainee office decide in the end?
Aneena
Aneena

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 am
I guess your name gets flagged? This is at least how it goes on the reserve list. WIth your name flagged the other DGs can't get you.
My friend had the same problem - got reserved by a DG she sdidn't want to work for, but then the unit that wanted her and she wanted to work there contacted the other unit and requested that they cancel the flagging. This way the other unit could flag her.
So if DG SANCO flagged you (or whatever they call it for the trainees) no other unit can do it, therefore you have to discuss it with the units directly.
fibica

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 am
Thanks for the reply! It's kinda shitty, coz some DGs are slower in this decision process than the others. Don't really get why we're not able to get as many offers as we like, and then decide which one to reject. Well, i guess there's nothing much i can do about it.
Emil_T

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 pm
I had the same problem and the TO replied:

"It's up to the interested DG/Unit to decide.
The first who confirm us the decision, will work with you.
As soon the decision will be definitive, you will be informed.
Around mid of July – ONLY IF YOU ARE FINALLY SELECTED – you will receive our placement offer."

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum