Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
elina

question about the application Empty question about the application

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm
hey guys, i have a question about the application..i am applying for the second time and still live in the city where i study but after december i will move back to my home country, so my question is: can i change the adress afterwards if needed? or this is no problem at all, since they won't send us any documents..?
shypt

question about the application Empty Re: question about the application

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm
Well, if you will be selected, they will send an offer letter to the address that you will register. And that address will be used to count km to cover travel expenses.

I also have maybe a stupid question but still... For the education there is a question in one field to mention main subjects that I had and the other field is for grades. Should I repeat titles of subjects and then write all the grades of the subjects or how to fill it in...? Or should I write a grade just for my thesis...? I'm really confused which marks/grades should I write there?
Gteo

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:02 pm
Hello everyone!

I am also considering applying for a Translation Traineeship at DGT, so in the instructions referring to this type of traineeship I read that "the motivation/reasons for applying" sections must be filled in, in my mother tongue. So far so good, but should these "motivation sections" be written in the form of a letter of intent/motivation letter, or as simple paragraphs, without a salutation/complimentary closing etc?

Thanks in advance!
T.
elina

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:34 pm
shypt wrote:Well, if you will be selected, they will send an offer letter to the address that you will register. And that address will be used to count km to cover travel expenses.

I also have maybe a stupid question but still... For the education there is a question in one field to mention main subjects that I had and the other field is for grades. Should I repeat titles of subjects and then write all the grades of the subjects or how to fill it in...? Or should I write a grade just for my thesis...? I'm really confused which marks/grades should I write there?
thanks! i thought they only inform us through emails! but still, i will write my home country adress to be sure..
about your question: last time i wrote my main subjects and then the grade of my bachelor only.
e8kylihe

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm
Hi, Elina, all the information will be sent by e-mail (notice of pre-selection and notice of selection and final offer), so make sure e-mail address at least will be correct.

the post address you mention in the application will be the one from where they compensate your travel costs - like shypt said - and that address cannot be changed. i have no idea how it will work in practise with the compensations. there are many others who has faced this problem so better to write the address you think you would be living in six months.
elina

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:33 pm
e8kylihe wrote:Hi, Elina, all the information will be sent by e-mail (notice of pre-selection and notice of selection and final offer), so make sure e-mail address at least will be correct.

the post address you mention in the application will be the one from where they compensate your travel costs - like shypt said - and that address cannot be changed. i have no idea how it will work in practise with the compensations. there are many others who has faced this problem so better to write the address you think you would be living in six months.
thank you!! Smile
Mali

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:27 am
Hey guys!

I am glad to have found this forum. It's really helpful.

Can somebody that has already gone through the application process confirm if we can download the application form in one place and then print it elsewhere once we've submitted it. I see there is an option to download PDF of the draft, but will I be able to download the application once I submit it?

It's just because the place I am filling in and submitting the form has no printer installed, so I want to do all the writing there, download it and then print it elsewhere.

Thanks for your replies:)
XabaCs

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:47 pm
@ Mali, YES.

I have a question of my own. My Identity card will be expiring in June 2012, during the traineeship...is it ok to send now (with the application) a copy of the present one and arrive with the renewed one in Brussels/Luxemburg (so I don't have to come home during the program)?

Thx,
X
shypt

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:43 pm
Since I still haven't received an answer to my question, I'm gonna ask again:

For the education there is a question in one field to mention main subjects that I had and the other field is for grades. Should I repeat titles of subjects and then write all the grades of the subjects or how to fill it in...? Or should I write a grade just for my thesis...? I'm really confused which marks/grades should I write there?
XabaCs

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 pm
@shypt
If u try repeating or mentioning main subject, u can quickly realize that u have very little space.
Therefore, I wrote my 3 years average & license (thesis+exam) grade. Wink
lulu

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:49 pm
shypt wrote:Since I still haven't received an answer to my question, I'm gonna ask again:

For the education there is a question in one field to mention main subjects that I had and the other field is for grades. Should I repeat titles of subjects and then write all the grades of the subjects or how to fill it in...? Or should I write a grade just for my thesis...? I'm really confused which marks/grades should I write there?

Well...I wrote names of subjects that I considered important taking into account the DGs that I have chosen. In the field for the marks I have put the average for the BA/MA and the mark received for my thesis.
shypt

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:36 am
Thanks a lot guys.Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum