Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
krista

Quick Lobbying Guide Empty Quick Lobbying Guide

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:52 pm
Just some reference information:

For those who are pre-selected:

If you chose to lobby, find the heads of your preferred units in the Commission Directory http://ec.europa.eu/staffdir/plsql/gsys_page.display_index?pLang=EN, then email them by typing their email address like this: firstname.lastname@ec.europa.eu

You might want to include your CV, contact info, and a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for that unit.

Good luck to all!
tonita

Quick Lobbying Guide Empty Re: Quick Lobbying Guide

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 pm
Thanks a lot! Wink
lill
lill

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Do you think it's better to write in the cover letter in the body of the email or attach it?
lill
lill

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:02 pm
And another question...is it ok to send a cover letter in English, but the CV in French?

What kind of CV format is better for lobbying process? The Europass or at this level of selection they prefer other formats?
lill
lill

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:06 pm
10x in advance for you answers...love this forum:)
myrskypilvi

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:59 am
Although it is not easy to give any general answers, as the DGs and units are very different, based on my experience (current stagiaire):

Concentrate your lobby activities to units where you can really make a connection with your previous knowledge/past experiences.

Cover letter in the body of the email, CV attached, does not really matter which format it is in, Europass or other. Language both English and French ok.

And don't get nervous if you are not contacted by any unit during the preselection process - not all of the units do that!

Good luck, and remember: it's not the end of the world if you do not get selected! Try again, I got lucky on my third round (first time preselected, second time not).
hendy

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm
i got selected from the 3rd time too Smile don't give up and be active!! Smile
Montecito08

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:02 pm
Remember, tomorrow (Monday) is a public holiday in Belgium and at the European Commission. So don't expect any calls or messages from them tomorrow.
krista

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 pm
myrskypilvi wrote:Although it is not easy to give any general answers, as the DGs and units are very different, based on my experience (current stagiaire):

Concentrate your lobby activities to units where you can really make a connection with your previous knowledge/past experiences.

Cover letter in the body of the email, CV attached, does not really matter which format it is in, Europass or other. Language both English and French ok.

And don't get nervous if you are not contacted by any unit during the preselection process - not all of the units do that!

Good luck, and remember: it's not the end of the world if you do not get selected! Try again, I got lucky on my third round (first time preselected, second time not).

From what I heard and read, as well as what I know from my friend's previous experience as stagiaires, I must say that what myrskypilvi wrote is completely correct. I'm crossing my fingers for this one, like they say in Spanish "La tercera es la vencida" (Third time's the charm!)

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm
As lobbying for traineeships is not allowed, neither further contacts nor meetings should be envisaged.

This is the response I got when I e-mailed to my preferred department, so I'm not sure lobbying is always smart.

I'm a little disappointed because I was looking forward to send an updated CV and motivation letter.
e8kylihe

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm
Would be nice to hear which DG units do not wish lobbying...
krista

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:25 pm
Crazy... the responses I got were mostly positive, as in "Thanks for sending your CV and motivation letter, we appreciate candidates that are this highly motivated"...
tonita

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:46 pm
karla007 wrote:Crazy... the responses I got were mostly positive, as in "Thanks for sending your CV and motivation letter, we appreciate candidates that are this highly motivated"...

Great! Which DG is that?
fank

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 pm
when was that?
krista

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 am
I lobbied as soon as I got the results, so Thurs and Fri. My preferred DG's were AGRI, EuropeAid, and Education. I got a few nice but kindda generic replies from a few units in each.
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 am
I want to call the. do you think should I call the secretaries or the HoU? I think the former right?
teresa

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:41 am
a quick question... the cover letter has to be long? I heard that it was better sth short and now I am not sure. could you help me?

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 pm
teresa wrote:a quick question... the cover letter has to be long? I heard that it was better sth short and now I am not sure. could you help me?

It totally depends on the unit...

But in general I think you have to make sure it contains enough information for you to sell yourself, but don't make it too long because then they won't read it.

teresa

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:55 pm
thx you!!! good luck Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum