Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying - answers from the DGs

+37
Montecito08
unicorndeer
sunny88
dgs
alice
tj2011
Rachel
xoxo
asabo
KlaudiaM
kiromoto
sezenu
elister
claudiaurs
lalla
nic85
paola_s
jankoc
angel48
borynka
ilinutza
Radda_88
teresa
rmm
e8kylihe
SUNNY
anna17
Teebs
dijajana2
fank
tonita
lill
nana
Aneena
krista
nicol
pingouin
41 posters
Go down
pingouin

Lobbying - answers from the DGs Empty Lobbying - answers from the DGs

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 am
Hi,

First of all: thank you so much, Aneena, for this forum and thanks to all of you, who give informations about the selection process!

It's my first application and I'm still very excited that I got preselected.

I just wrote to the DG EAC and want to share their automatic answer with you:

You have received an e-mail from the Traineeships Office informing you that you have been preselected and asking you to use only this specific mailbox for any further communication. Therefore, please note that you will not receive a reply to any e-mail sent directly to me or to anyone else in DG EAC.

Dear preselected candidate,

I thank you for the interest that you have shown in the Directorate-General for Education and Culture (DG EAC).

It is not necessary to send your cv again to DG EAC since all the relevant information you mentioned in your application form figures in the "Virtual Blue Book" and is available to the people responsible for the trainee's selection (except all personal details).

The Directorate-General takes into account your motivation and is in favor of candidates who choose Education and Culture as their first preference.

In agreement with the Traineeships Office's policy and in order to respect equal treatment of candidates, the Directorate-General endeavours not to invite you to Brussels and prefers to carry out any interviews by telephone. Please note that those interviews are not compulsory which means that you might be contacted or not.

Final selection will be closed on Wednesday 29 June 2011 and at this stage, no traineeship may be guaranteed. If you are selected by the Directorate-General for Education and Culture, the Traineeships Office will inform you by e-mail and then send you a trainee placement offer as from Thursday 30 June 2011.

Should your first application be unsuccessful, you can still apply for a subsequent exercise, provided you are still eligible. You must, however, make a fresh application. This should be done on-line following the guidelines on the Traineeships Office website at http://ec.europa.eu/comm/stages.

It sounds to me that they aren't very happy about lobbying. What do you think?

I'm curious how other DGs react to mails.

Have a wonderful day!
- pingouin
nicol

Lobbying - answers from the DGs Empty Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:41 pm
Here is the automatic answer I got from DG Agri:

'Thank you very much for your message and interest in our DG.

If you apply for the upcoming traineeship session, please mention your registration number in the Virtual Blue Book. You may also send your CV and a motivation letter to this mailbox. In case we need more information about you, we might also contact you.

You can then contact me after 21/12/2010 so that I can inform you about the outcome of the first selection process.

Regards'

Any other people going for DG AGRI?

Good luck everyone,
Nicol
krista

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:08 pm
You all might have better chances if you apply directly to units, instead of the DG as a whole, which is what I think you are doing, right?
Aneena
Aneena

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm
This is an automatic email that you will always receive when you send your CV to the HR of different DGs, went through that Smile
nana

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 am
hey guys!
I'm wondering how did you find the email of the DGs.
I thought I saw them on the first day they published the results, but I'm really having a hard time now to find anything...
if anyone copy the list, could you please forward to the forum?
thanks and good luck to everybody! :-)
lill
lill

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 am
hey,

just preparing to lobby today to a different unit of that DG and look what I found in my inbox:

"Dear ...,

I am currently looking for a "stagiaire" for the fall. I came across your CV in the bluebook and I believe you could be a good candidate for the stagiaire post we have in our unit.
Therefore I would like to have a short interview with you (10 minutes over the phone). Could you please let me know when this would suit you (today, tomorrow or Thursday, morning or afternoon) and at which phone number I can reach you.

Kind regards,

PS. There is no need to study/prepare for this interview Smile"

1/3 happy, 1/3 shocked, 1/3 nervous

lill
lill

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 am
should I send them my CV+cover letter before the interview? or just wait for it to see what they demand?

and how should I prepare?Razz
Aneena
Aneena

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am
Don't prepare too much Smile Just think WHY you want to work for them and WHAT you can offer this particular unit.
And you don't need to send anything since they have all the information you submitted with your application form. Unless something changed, then I would send an e-mail.
tonita

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:53 am
ludmilla_rei wrote:hey,

just preparing to lobby today to a different unit of that DG and look what I found in my inbox:

"Dear ...,

Congrats!

Anyone news from DG Envi? Rolling Eyes
krista

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:31 pm
Congrats Ludmilla! And PS, can we know at least the DG that sent you that lovely email? Very Happy
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:01 pm
yes please I haven't got any answers yet. for some of them might be soon. people how many units have you contacted? can we contact units other than our 3 preferences?
krista

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:07 pm
fank wrote:yes please I haven't got any answers yet. for some of them might be soon. people how many units have you contacted? can we contact units other than our 3 preferences?

Fank, I think so. Last year I was called for an interview by a unit in a DG that I hadn't listed among my 3 preferred DGs. So why not lobby DGs outside our preferences? Very Happy
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 pm
going to do that tonight, I hope it's not too late.
tonita

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 pm
received a call! Very Happy Not from the most prefered unit, but call...
Very short, just checking the lingustic level!
The man was the head of the Unit and just told me that I have good chances...!
Will see...!
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm
I received an email for a short interview on Friday! you think I should continue lobbying to other units?
dijajana2

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm
Hi all,
did any of you applied for translation traineeship? Aneena, maybe you would know about the pre-selection and selection procedure for this traineeship. I am also in reserve list in EP (translation traineeship as well). Is there anything I can do to have more chances to get an actual traineeship?
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm
hey people when a unit makes a selection does it inform other dgs (maybe there's a system?) or should we try to have as many interviews as we can?
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:27 pm
tonita, what are you going to do? keep on lobbying?
tonita

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm
no, I`ve lobbied enough! Now only waiting! Very Happy
krista

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm
Agh... I want a call... Sad I got a call and an email last year, but finally no traineeship. I didn't lobby that much last year either. But this year I lobbied a lot, and still nothing... boo Sad
krista

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:41 pm
fank wrote:hey people when a unit makes a selection does it inform other dgs (maybe there's a system?) or should we try to have as many interviews as we can?

That I know off, when a unit selects you they "reserve" you on the BlueBook. Meaning that other units can't "get" you. But the problem is that you won't know if you're selected or not until they either A) for sure tell you on the phone or by email, or B) until you get the much coveted email at the beginning of July (for those Units that don't even bother to have interviews).

So, in short, I would say, if you don't know for sure you were "reserved" on the BlueBook, have as many interviews as you can.
fank

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm
thanks karla!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 pm
karla007 wrote:
fank wrote:yes please I haven't got any answers yet. for some of them might be soon. people how many units have you contacted? can we contact units other than our 3 preferences?

Fank, I think so. Last year I was called for an interview by a unit in a DG that I hadn't listed among my 3 preferred DGs. So why not lobby DGs outside our preferences? Very Happy

Same here, I was called by a DG today that I hadn't listed or lobbied for.

So you never know, it's all one big gamble. Good luck!
Teebs

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 am
Just got an e-mail from a unit today saying they had a vacancy and asking if I would be interested. Unless I'm missing something it looks like there's no interview or anything (obviously I accepted without hesitation).

It's in one of my chosen DGs but I didn't lobby the unit. I didn't lobby much though (I'm in the middle of exams and simply haven't had the time).
pingouin

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:42 am
Please tell us which DG/unit contacted you! It helps a lot to know.

I'm getting nervous about not getting any calls or emails (apart from the automatic one)... How many units did you contact?

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 am
No calls or emails here either..

Has anyone heard back from DG ELARG?
nicol

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am
Many thanks for your email concerning the traineeship in the European Commission.
We have not chosen yet from the Blue Book but will inform you later.
Wishing you all the best.
Kind regards.

Marisa Smekens
Secretary to Mrs J. LORIZ-HOFFMANN
European Commission
DG Agriculture and Rural Development
Unit G1 : Consistency of rural development

There is stil time, and hope Smile
Good luck everyone!
Nicol
anna17

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 am

Hello everyone,

I received the same answer as you, from the same DG...
Good luck to everyone!
Anna

pingouin wrote:Hi,

First of all: thank you so much, Aneena, for this forum and thanks to all of you, who give informations about the selection process!

It's my first application and I'm still very excited that I got preselected.

I just wrote to the DG EAC and want to share their automatic answer with you:

You have received an e-mail from the Traineeships Office informing you that you have been preselected and asking you to use only this specific mailbox for any further communication. Therefore, please note that you will not receive a reply to any e-mail sent directly to me or to anyone else in DG EAC.

Dear preselected candidate,

I thank you for the interest that you have shown in the Directorate-General for Education and Culture (DG EAC).

It is not necessary to send your cv again to DG EAC since all the relevant information you mentioned in your application form figures in the "Virtual Blue Book" and is available to the people responsible for the trainee's selection (except all personal details).

The Directorate-General takes into account your motivation and is in favor of candidates who choose Education and Culture as their first preference.

In agreement with the Traineeships Office's policy and in order to respect equal treatment of candidates, the Directorate-General endeavours not to invite you to Brussels and prefers to carry out any interviews by telephone. Please note that those interviews are not compulsory which means that you might be contacted or not.

Final selection will be closed on Wednesday 29 June 2011 and at this stage, no traineeship may be guaranteed. If you are selected by the Directorate-General for Education and Culture, the Traineeships Office will inform you by e-mail and then send you a trainee placement offer as from Thursday 30 June 2011.

Should your first application be unsuccessful, you can still apply for a subsequent exercise, provided you are still eligible. You must, however, make a fresh application. This should be done on-line following the guidelines on the Traineeships Office website at http://ec.europa.eu/comm/stages.

It sounds to me that they aren't very happy about lobbying. What do you think?

I'm curious how other DGs react to mails.

Have a wonderful day!
- pingouin
SUNNY

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Hi guys!
For me no answers and no calls...Sad
As I saw above, it seems that EAC dont like so much lobbying, what do you think?
Should I apply to the EAC, head of units or not?

Pfff i dont know waht to do...

Lots of luck to everyone!!
tonita

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:34 pm
I really thing this silence today is kind of strange... silent
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum