Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accommodation

+20
nikster
openeye
vagelis
Ade
md84
hala
pirania0
APOM
fireman
anneanne
KT
Daniele
Séb
mary
obie
ghiga_g
Aneena
Bibi
24 posters
Go down
Séb

Accommodation - Page 4 Empty Re: Accommodation

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:00 am
@obie: exactly :-(
openeye

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:26 am
Hey,

no problem.

Also, just quoting what I wrote on the FB group:

Btw guys for those who are still looking for a place to live:

I found mine on http://www.qlb.irisnet.be/ql/EN/1.htm

When I studied in Brussels most rooms went through that site, its an association of several universities in Brussels which also has rooms themselves, but also private landlords can advertise on it. Compared to most offers its quite cheap.

Maybe this helps some of you who are still looking!

Good luck and see you guys in October!

Philip
nikster

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:13 pm
Well, thanks a lot for the information ! It would be great, but tnfortunately it seems like the website the link of which you just posted is exclusively targeted at people who are planning to stay for 12 months at least...
openeye

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:19 pm
Hey,

well originally yes. I negotiated with my landlord though that I pay them 50 € extra a month for a 6 months contract - even flexible! I have my apartment from mid-September til Mid-March! So perfect for moving in and moving out.

So its definately worth giving it a try!
jolita

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 pm
To openeye

It's good idea.

What the price you have got for the room (if not a secret)?
openeye

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm
Hey,

my studio was supposed to be 450 + 45 charges, but now I pay 500 + 45 so 545 in total.. Damn expensive but its a really nice apartment in the center of Brussels, 1 minute walk from Brouckere metro, right on the corner of Rue Neuve. No need to share a bath room with the landlord's kids as in some rooms available online or "no coming back after 11pm" :-)

As I wont work in the Schuman area I figured I wont look for a room in 15 min walking distance as I would still have to take the metro from there to DG INFSO (same location as ECFIN).
jolita

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:40 pm
to openeye

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds not so cheap, but if you really enjoy and can afford it... why not?

Have you seen the apartments in reality or just on pictures?

I have found an apartment without sharing a bath, but the price up 470. THe room is not so cosy, but clean. Unfortunately the landlord said that this not the same pictures as those are going to be rent. So....? I am not sure what I am gonna to get for that price.
openeye

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:44 pm
Hey jolita,

no indeed, mine is not very cheap. But I figured since we do get some cash from the Commission I might as well spend some more on a decent accomodation instead of living in a semi-ideal place.

Of course I saw the place "in reality". I drove to Brussels to meet with the landlord and also visited the place, took pictures etc. and then sent off the lease by fax and mail as they didnt have a copy with them. Received a signed copy of the landlord by fax the day after and the original by mail a few days later.

One of the reasons I took the place was also that I didnt want to wait any longer because it gets harder once the semester has started (usually Sept. 15) and I did not want to come back to Brussels. After all, thats also like 60 € in gas every time.

Its hard to say what you should do, but I guess if the landlord is trustworthy you might not have much choice unless you want to wait til mid/end September to look for a place in person.
jolita

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 pm
to openeye,

You did really good - everything with contract as it should be.

Me too, I do not want to live in the place which is not clean or awful. I can get a depression so fast.

Unfortunately, I have no chance to come to Brussel before. Well am coming 2 days before my traineeship.

Well, it is not so easy to check is the landlord is trustworthy...or even impossible. It is like a lotery. For me - as I am very pragmatic person - to "play in this lotery" is something unbelievable.
Daniele
Daniele
http://www.danielepacifico.com

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:12 pm
Hi guys! I found a flat that seems very nice! I just copy and past from facebook:

- The flat is at the 1st floor of rue belliard 201 (5 min walk to metro Shumann). There are 3 huge fully furnished bedrooms (25 m2 each) a bathroom and the kitchen (fully equipped).

- Rent+bills = €300 (rent) + €50 (all bills, wireless connection included). When the contract ends the landlord will show us the bills he will have received during our staying and if the total amount is higher than the money we have paid he will give us the difference back.

- The deposit is €380 and you have to pay €100 asap so as to book the room (when you move in you pay the rest).

- The landlord is Belgian and seemed very reliable at the phone. He sent me some pictures of the house. Let me know if you want to have a look at them (danielepacifico@yahoo.it or d.pacifico@@ucl.ac.uk)!

As for a meeting before October, I am definitely in for a beer!! I arrive the 23rd! Wow!!
weg

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:55 pm
hi everyone! just a stupid question for all of u who have found stgh: how r the prices now a days in my beloved bxl? me myself i found a room perfect for me, really looking 4ward to move in and not going back in any case, but it is a little more expensive from what i expected given my previous xperience in BXL...it would be very useful for me if u could tell me which is the range in which u r opperating (either already paying or looking). Thanks! I'm also up for a beer bfore starting to work!
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:19 pm
I will be paying 370 Euros.
openeye

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:20 pm
545 :S

but its a studio in the center, all furnished and 35 m²..
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 pm
For a furnished studio in the center it's a standard price. I will be living with 6 other people in a house next to Flagey.
openeye

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:28 pm
Yea I know. And Im happy I found the place. A friend of mine just got an offer for 450 € für a 8 m² studio.. then I rather pay 100 more!

It just hurts knowing that youll be spending that much on rent.. but whatever, we are supposed to have a good life and feel compfortable as well right? hehe
neszzz

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:38 am
I found a furnished studio for 470€ (expenses included) near Gribaumont station, it's a bit far from the centre, but I just loved the place. I am also in for a beer hehe Smile I'll be arriving on the 28th. See you soon in Brussels Smile
jolita

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:07 am
to neszz

For a studio 470e is really good.

I will be paying 380 for the room. Just one more flatmate would be living. Sounds boring, but what to do!
It's seems to be in centre, but to my working place I would be able to take public transport.
weg

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:29 pm
well, so we r more or less paying all around the same...wow, the average rent has indeed been raised since 2007, not like the wages...well, this is brussels, i guess! c u there then!
nikster

Accommodation - Page 4 Empty Subletting my room until October 1st

Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:20 am
Hi everyone,

after two intensive days of searching, I finally found a nice place to stay during my traineeship. I am quite happy about it because it's at walking distance (5min) to most of the DGs of the EC, in a huge house with 7 people in total (which is a good way to get introduced to the new city) but with my own (huge) room and bathroom, thus making it possible also to get some privacy and focus on my stuff when I want to. The price is 500 euros.

Because competition for this room was very high, however, I had to stop it right now,from September15th, even if I am not moving in before October 1st. As this means paying 250 additional euros, I am trying to make up for the costs by subletting the room. Is anyone here interested?
I thought maybe someone is considering coming to BXL to find accomodation (like I did in the past 3 days), so perhaps I could rent it to him/her for a short period.

If you are interested, please write me at nlalinx@gmail.com.
franck

Accommodation - Page 4 Empty interns and foreign students residence

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am

Booked so far until april 2010, but you can give a try!
franck

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 am
3wdot etr-brussels dot be
That's the adress
mirela

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:03 pm
obie wrote:Hey guys,
Long time no chat Smile Anyhow,
- anyone living in LVI immo? (www.lviimmo.com)? I'll be there....
- anyone wanna meet up for a tasty Belgian brew before the stage begins (Sept. 28, 29, 30...)?
- any of you experienced Bruxellois have any advice on banks to open accounts at and cell phone plans to be on?
Good luck with apt hunting!

Hey Obie, I know the post is old but its the only one I found referring to lviimmo. How was it? I want a room in traversiere 23 with them but i never heard any opinions about it, the place, the people and whether i can trust them with the 700 deposit. Is it worth it? Please help!!
Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum