Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MLR

Code of conduct on candidate's preferences Empty Code of conduct on candidate's preferences

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:26 pm
Good evening everyone, and congratulation on your pre-selection. I hope the lobbying is going swell! Important question regarding this specific rule of the traineeship programme which has been debated several times above.

'However, should you be sought after by several DGs/ services/ agencies, there is a code of conduct among Directorates-General. If 2 DGs, services or agencies try to recruit the same candidate, the DG ranked highest in candidate's preference, would automatically take priority.'

Do you know anyone who did a traineeship for the past sessions who had to deal with such an issue? For instance, having to negotiate with 1st choice in order to accept the offer of 2nd choice instead? I understand the rule from a logistic point of view, but in the end, shouldn't we be able to
just pick the best offer (especially if some services - and so I have hear about the EEAS- do not necessarily get in touch before actually making the offer ?)

Best of luck to everyone!
SirBuddy

Code of conduct on candidate's preferences Empty Re: Code of conduct on candidate's preferences

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:00 pm
I am also wondering about this. Are all final offers send at the same moment? Or how does this work? Also, what happens when you get two offers from the same DG: Do they then assign it at random or do you get to choose?
nn123

Code of conduct on candidate's preferences Empty Re: Code of conduct on candidate's preferences

Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:27 pm
At the end, the TO makes the choice for you...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum