Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nicholas DK

End of the selection phase Empty End of the selection phase

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:28 pm
Hello everyone,

So, reading through some of the previous topics and posts, it seems that the units actually have to have selected their candidates and booked them by tomorrow !

It's kind of important for me to know if this is true, as I have been contacted by one of the national representations but I'm much more interested in actual going to one of the EC DG's. But if tomorrow is the last day for them to book, then I guess I can assume that I wont be contacted by a DG :/

Maybe there are people out there in a similar situation, secretly hoping to be contacted by another unit, but not knowing when our exact deadline is.

So, can anyone else confirm that tomorrow is the closing day or bring in other pieces of information? That would mean that they've only had 3 days to search the database and do interviews which doesnt seem very thorough :O

Thank you
- Nicholas
candidatus

End of the selection phase Empty Re: End of the selection phase

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 pm
I was told by 2 different DGs that they had to internally select their trainee by this friday.
KarolisP

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:24 pm
Yes, I was also told that it is Friday
Irruiz

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:30 pm
Do you know if we will be contacted even if we are not selected?

I am still hoping to receive a selection email, but time is running and I have no news Sad
kagathos

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:36 pm
Irruiz wrote:Do you know if we will be contacted even if we are not selected?

I am still hoping to receive a selection email, but time is running and I have  no news Sad

Hi Irruiz,

my friend who did a translation traineeship in March 2016 told me that she was contacted only in January. Also, she said that it often happens that people resign after getting an offer. Good luck, I hope you will get an offer at some point!
Irruiz

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:41 pm
But do they have until tomorrow to tell us if we are accepted? Or can this selection period be extended?

I know some people resign afterwards, but some translators have already been selected, so I supoose they will have chosen all the candidates by tomorrow.
kagathos

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:45 pm
To be honest, I have no idea. I think they will let everyone know about the results in January like they did in previous editions...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum