Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AnamariaR

Motivation and Area of interest length Empty Motivation and Area of interest length

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 am
Hello fellow applicants!

My question might sound a bit childish, but I was wondering if you are using all the 2000 words in writing your letters (assuming you are writing in letter format, not just an essay) because it seems a lot of information to incorporate. My concern is that if they are too long, the people reading the applications will simply not pay attention and get frustrated (read bored) because of the length.

I would appreciate to hear your opinion and advice!

Best of luck to all  Smile 

haole87

Motivation and Area of interest length Empty Re: Motivation and Area of interest length

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 am
Hi AnamariaR!

You should be aware that it is not 2000 words but 2000 characters which is around half a page, so not that lengthy at all!
pinhead

Motivation and Area of interest length Empty Re: Motivation and Area of interest length

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 am
Classic misunderstanding! 2000 characters including spaces. You will have to be as concise as possible and you will have to cut down on a lot of content, which you will have included in the draft version, trust me.
AnamariaR

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:58 am
Thank you very much for the informative responses, I was almost sure that they are not into novels written by applicants Smile

And drafts, so many drafts Very Happy Let the inspiration guide you as well!

Goodluck to everyone!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum