Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
almalexia

Re-application for October 2014 Empty Re-application for October 2014

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:08 am
Hi,

I have a question regarding re-application for October 2014 traineeship session. I was pre-selected for March 2014 and got an offer, but a week later the Head called that all trainee posts for that DG are full. He offered me a post in October, but I need to re-apply and pass the pre-selection again.

Is there anyone of you who got pre-selected, but not accepted with first application and then re-applied then for the next round? I am unsure whether I should create a new application or apply with the one I had for March 2014, since it is good and already passed the pre-selection? Any experience or advice?
pinhead

Re-application for October 2014 Empty Re: Re-application for October 2014

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:41 am
almalexia wrote:Hi,

I have a question regarding re-application for October 2014 traineeship session. I was pre-selected for March 2014 and got an offer, but a week later the Head called that all trainee posts for that DG are full. He offered me a post in October, but I need to re-apply and pass the pre-selection again.

Is there anyone of you who got pre-selected, but not accepted with first application and then re-applied then for the next round? I am unsure whether I should create a new application or apply with the one I had for March 2014, since it is good and already passed the pre-selection? Any experience or advice?

Actually I think this was a pretty lame excuse on the Head's part...by no means you should take for granted that the same post will be waiting for you in October, although there are strong chances.

Anyway, you are asking a question that has been answered a lot of times during the previous weeks. New traineeship session=new Blue book=new application. There is no way around it. Thousands of other trainees have also passed the pre-selection, just because you were unofficially "offered" a place really means nothing, you have to apply again.
lucia_roman

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:11 pm
Hello!

Though it has not been my case, I have read on the forum this has happened to some other people. Though not exactly like in your case.
It was more like this: people with very interesting profiles were selected in the Blue Book and lobbied a particular unit, but that unit did not have a slot for the session in question. They told them to apply again and, if they passed the preselection, they would be chosen for the following stage session, when it was very likely that the unit would receive a slot. And they were selected the second time
I am sure this must not have been a good news. Now, head up and reapply. Though his promisse is not an official one, there is nothing to loose. I would keep the main lines of the application form for the new selection procedure, definitely the same area of interest (if it is connected to the activities you were supposed to perform in the Unit that has promissed you this place). If since august you have done new things, relevent to your application, I would add that (a paper published, an exchange abroad, a new diploma). I would not change the working experience unless you have something more recent and relevant, if you still have new thngs to mention, but not that important, I would try to include them in the "demonstrate your fitness for the profile" section (smth like - I have good teamwork skills , as evidenced in a recent workshop I coordinated in an NGO, called XXXX... etc. You get the picture)

This is only my opinion. But you should not lose hope as there is nothing to lose if you apply again.

almalexia wrote:Hi,

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum