Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
applicant

Which DGs already started selecting trainees? Empty Which DGs already started selecting trainees?

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 am
One member of this forum reported that EuropeAid started contacting applicants, asking them to send motivation letters. This Monday I got an email from Legal Service in which they inquire if I am available and still interested to undertake the traineeship. It is stated, however, that it does not mean I am selected, since the Traineeship Office will be the one to inform me of the final decision. Now, it is clear that this is good news, but how good exactly? Has anyone had a similar experience for the October session maybe? Thank you!
didox

Which DGs already started selecting trainees? Empty Re: Which DGs already started selecting trainees?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:27 pm
I have just learned from someone "inside" that most of the DGs have already selected their trainees......... Sad
mikaelus

Which DGs already started selecting trainees? Empty Re: Which DGs already started selecting trainees?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:07 pm
I really doubt that. Look, there are approx. 2500 applications in the database, and according to the statistics from previous years some DGs receive ~500-600 applications. Some Heads of Units weren't even in place at that time (after my 1st e-mail a received "out-of-office" reply, with a not he'll be back on 7th of Dec.).

So you see - it's not that simple. And it's not without a reason they gave themselves time until mid-January Wink
didox

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:38 pm
at least for the dg ENTR and some others according to the e-mails that I have received
CaetanoII

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Hey all,

just one question: does someone know if the DG for Education and Culture has already started the recruitment?Has anyone of you been called by this DG?
According to my informations, they will recruit until the 18th of December. Unfortunately time is going by and no one has called me so far. I hope this is not a bad sign.
mikaelus

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:56 pm
DG Communication has just started making first calls, so it's still quite a long way to go. I received one 2day Smile
gaia

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm
I called EuropeAid today to inquire about the status of the selection.
They told me the haven't decided yet..let's wait and see Very Happy
didox

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:26 am
hi gaia, what number did you call ? is it a specific unit you want or is there a number for the secratary in general ?

because I am sure some units like AIDCO E7 has chosen a trainee
neelie

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 pm
Hello guys,
did anyone get any calls or mails from DG Competition?
Jay

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:25 pm
Hello,
Has anybody heard from DG Communication? DG EAC? DG Relex?
Good luck to you all!
mikaelus

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:27 pm
I heard from DG Communication - in Bxl and press bureau in Warsaw (what was a bit surprising). I know they have just began reviewing applications and contacting candidates.
Jay

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm
@Mikaelus - Thanks! Please keep us up to date on DG Comm!!!! Smile Good luck!
bricklane

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm
Hi, 2 days ago I received a phonecall from the DG Communication, representation in Warsaw, Press Office... They told me they were considering about 7 candidates. They asked me if I wanted to interrn in Poland and I frankly answered I would prefer Brussels... Well, we'll see Smile
gyongyi.david

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:00 pm
DG Competition has started selecting people, I've got an email from Blue Book on Friday and a call today morning (without lobbying) and it seems that ... Very Happy.
My lobbying mail (to another Unit) hasn't been answered however.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum