Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
m89

Letters of recommendation Empty Letters of recommendation

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:23 am
Hello everybody!

I have a question about the letters of recommendation. Since the application is online and, therefore, quite fixed (I mean, you cannot add other fields than those already given), where should we include the recommendation letters? Or at least a mention saying that we have someone who is recommending us?

I checked the application form but I have no idea of where I could put it and since we don't have to send hardcopies from the very beginning anymore I'm a bit confused!

Thank you and good luck!
delta86

Letters of recommendation Empty Re: Letters of recommendation

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:03 pm
Hey, I didn't send any letters of recommandation since as you say, there's no room for it in the online application. I guess with 15-20.000 people applying they can't read letters of recommendation Wink. You could send them after the preselection with your lobby-emails, but I'd rather recommand not to, because it's still too much to read. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion, I'm "only" a candidate (for march though) too.
One thing I regretted afterwards was filling out the application form in german. Fortunately I still got contacted, but I still think it was quite stupid since the language spoken by everybody in the commission is surely english!
Good luck!
optimus

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 pm
I agree with delta86, I wouldn't know where to mention or under which category to send a letter of recommendation.. but I guess you can mention somehow in the motivation section, but I wouldn't know how..
good luck!
DanRan

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 pm
A question out of this topic - Are you applying with the same profile, already been created in case you are returning applicant, or you are creating a new one in ECAS?
Rockovich

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 am
Hello!

There's no any mention about the letter of recommendation in procedures, is it?
m89

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:41 pm
Hey!

I sent an email to the traineeship office and they kindly replied with a message saying:

For the time being, candidates are only expected to fill in the application form.
In case they are pre-identified in the preselection process, they will be asked to produce supporting evidence of the qualifications and skills mentioned in the application.
It is therefore important for you to prepare these supporting documents, including certificates or references proving that you have obtained diplomas, have worked with a given company during a certain period, are fluent in one or another language …
These documents are however NOT requested at this stage.

So no need of recommendation letters now Wink
Sponsored content