Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
vega

Is there still hope? Empty Is there still hope?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:30 am
Would anyone happen to know by when the majority of the trainees are selected? I've heard nothing from my department even though I've lobbied with a few units. I am also a non EU national (Macedonian/Canadian) and wonder whether they select us 'foreigners' last?
erik12

Is there still hope? Empty Re: Is there still hope?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm
The majority of units selected their trainees by now. You have to be lucky now...
Ellen1990

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:48 pm
Hey! Nobody contacted me either. However I think you shouldn't worry. Especially as you have dual nationalities and there won't be many who do have it so you should have less competition! Let's wait until the 15th. At the end of the day I think they must have selected through a phone interview max 300 what about the rest? Not all past trainees has received a phone interview and they still managed to get a place. You should just be positive? Which unit have you lobbied?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:18 pm
Is there anybody who has got accepted in second time? I mean first time rejected and next time got the traineeship?
vega

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:11 pm
Ellen1990 wrote:Hey! Nobody contacted me either. However I think you shouldn't worry. Especially as you have dual nationalities and there won't be many who do have it so you should have less competition! Let's wait until the 15th. At the end of the day I think they must have selected through a phone interview max 300 what about the rest? Not all past trainees has received a phone interview and they still managed to get a place. You should just be positive? Which unit have you lobbied?

I've lobbied with COMM and SANCO. The thing is, on my application I've listed my Macedonian citizenship and I believe they are really seeking for native French/English speakers for COMM. Now, I think it would have been better had I applied with my Canadian nat. instead of Macedonian. I've lobbied for this very reason, but no reply.
vega

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:12 pm
beta wrote:Is there anybody who has got accepted in second time? I mean first time rejected and next time got the traineeship?

This is my second time applying and no call still.
romaniaspain

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 am
Happy New Year everybody! I wish you all (including me) a trainee at the EC and if not more luck next session! Don't loose hope because better things can come in our lifes!
Ellen1990

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:03 am
Thank you romaniaspain! We just need to be positive. If we have reached this level it means that we are worth doing a traineeship at the ec! Happy new year!
fundaton

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 pm
so sad ... starting to fill out the new application amongst many other applications. sucks! but good luck to us, who knows
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum