Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No interviews/no replies = no traineeship?

+11
mr bean
FionaC
teana
kiar
travisfull
MoreEU4all
haaryboo
LlamaJ
erik12
maltina
stevedale84
15 posters
Go down
ARC86

No interviews/no replies = no traineeship? - Page 2 Empty Re: No interviews/no replies = no traineeship?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:02 pm
travisfull wrote:Personally, I believe that there is still a little hope for those DGs that have not contacted anyone.
Unfortunately (for those who haven't received any calls of course), according to this forum, many Dgs have already contacted their first choices, so we should not expect a surprise in the next weeks.

However, the problem is still there: the selection process can be rationalized because starting from the pre-selection procedure everything become so confusing.

So, what about those big DGs we already know that we have contacted candidates?
Could we assume that all the units within the DG have already contacted their candidates? I'm thinking about EEAS and DEVCO. Seems that only very few people have received calls from these units, based on the comments here.

It's basically my big doubt currently, because if that's the case (once that somebody got contacted by a Unit, we can assume other units within the DG are doing the same) I guess, I should stop worrying and start preparing the next application.
travisfull

No interviews/no replies = no traineeship? - Page 2 Empty Re: No interviews/no replies = no traineeship?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 pm
ARC86 wrote:
travisfull wrote:Personally, I believe that there is still a little hope for those DGs that have not contacted anyone.
Unfortunately (for those who haven't received any calls of course), according to this forum, many Dgs have already contacted their first choices, so we should not expect a surprise in the next weeks.

However, the problem is still there: the selection process can be rationalized because starting from the pre-selection procedure everything become so confusing.

Could we assume that all the units within the DG have already contacted their candidates? I'm thinking about EEAS and DEVCO. Seems that only very few people have received calls from these units, based on the comments here.

It's basically my big doubt currently, because if that's the case (once that somebody got contacted by a Unit, we can assume other units within the DG are doing the same) I guess, I should stop worrying and start preparing the next application.

As far as I know, also the EEAS and DEVCO have contacted their first choices. However, they did so relatively less than others DGs (Comp, Env, Home, Res and others that I can't remember) so maybe some Units in those two DGs are not going to make calls at all (as a former trainee has confirmed).

Accordingly to what we know, those (like me) who have not received calls should not expect any surprise and just wait January. I don't believe to the possibility of getting an offer without receiving phone calls...it doesn't seem plausible.
MoreEU4all

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:36 pm
Well the procedure is confusing but at least much more transparent than those of other EU institutions. i.e. the EP adopts a similar procedure:
-application;
- preselection (internal and without informing, on unclear basis and with a lot of room for subjective evaluation, there is no database so it is unclear how DGs get the contacts and profiles);
- final selection (usually no interview nor e-mails) and request for proving documents to check eligibility;
-offer.
So I would say the EC procedure is long and confusing but at least much more transparent than other ones.
travisfull

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm
MoreEU4all wrote:Well the procedure is confusing but at least much more transparent than those of other EU institutions. i.e. the EP adopts a similar procedure:
-application;
- preselection (internal and without informing, on unclear basis and with a lot of room for subjective evaluation, there is no database so it is unclear how DGs get the contacts and profiles);
- final selection (usually no interview nor e-mails) and request for proving documents to check eligibility;
-offer.
So I would say the EC procedure is long and confusing but at least much more transparent than other ones.

I agree with you, but it doesn't mean that the EC procedure is ok Smile
ARC86

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 pm
travisfull wrote:
ARC86 wrote:

As far as I know, also the EEAS and DEVCO have contacted their first choices. However, they did so relatively less than others DGs (Comp, Env, Home, Res and others that I can't remember) so maybe some Units in those two DGs are not going to make calls at all (as a former trainee has confirmed).

Accordingly to what we know, those (like me) who have not received calls should not expect any surprise and just wait January. I don't believe to the possibility of getting an offer without receiving phone calls...it doesn't seem plausible.

Thank you very much for your reply, travisfull. For me it also seems very odd to not have any kind of feedback and then find an offer on your inbox on january the 14th.  
Did you know something more about EEAS and DEVCO? I guess at least they would have written to their selected candidates.

What I really still don't get is why the long waiting, if every unit seems to have selected their candidates. We would have a final answer before Xmas and relax a little bit (even if you're chosen or not, it's a final answer)
travisfull

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:02 pm
ARC86 wrote:
travisfull wrote:
ARC86 wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply, travisfull. For me it also seems very odd to not have any kind of feedback and then find an offer on your inbox on january the 14th.  
Did you know something more about EEAS and DEVCO? I guess at least they would have written to their selected candidates.

What I really still don't get is why the long waiting, if every unit seems to have selected their candidates. We would have a final answer before Xmas and relax a little bit (even if you're chosen or not, it's a final answer)

Unfortunately, I don't know more about the EEAS and Devco. As I said before, a friend of mine has received a call some days ago from the EEAS...
kiar

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 pm
travisfull wrote:
MoreEU4all wrote:Well the procedure is confusing but at least much more transparent than those of other EU institutions. i.e. the EP adopts a similar procedure:
-application;
-offer.

While not perfect, I think it is reasonably ok.

Don't forget that there were more than 15,000 applications to deal with...
travisfull

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:08 pm
kiar wrote:
travisfull wrote:
-application;
-offer.

While not perfect, I think it is reasonably ok.

Don't forget that there were more than 15,000 applications to deal with...

Of course Kiar; Im just saying the first stage (the pre-selection procedure) is well organized while this stage is a little bit confusing, at least for me.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum