Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ester

Can I postpone the internship till October? Empty Can I postpone the internship till October?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 am
Hi everybody,
I have been shortlisted for March 2014 translation internship for EC but I already have another internship (not in an EU institution) confirmed for the summer. However, I would LOVE to go in October 2014. Do you think it would be possible to send all the required documents now and, if accepted for the internship, try to postpone it? Or should I not send them at all and try to apply again for the internship in October?
I think I've read somewhere that it is possible to postpone it like this, however that there is no guarantee they will take you in another term. But I don't know where to find such info, I only found this in FAQs for internships in the EP.
lucia_roman

Can I postpone the internship till October? Empty Re: Can I postpone the internship till October?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:08 pm
I don't know how it is for the translation internship, but for the Schuman general option is

9. Any applicants who are not selected, who withdraw their applications or who turn down an offer of a traineeship may reapply at a later date.
Read the INTERNAL RULES GOVERNING TRAINEESHIPS AND STUDY VISITS IN THE SECRETARIAT OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT- if there is a different set of rules for the Translation, check it out.

In my view, you should be allowed to postpone, that is the reason for which there are reserve lists, so that they can replace you if finally you can no longer accept their offer.
pinhead

Can I postpone the internship till October? Empty Re: Can I postpone the internship till October?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:48 pm
The extract from the rules indicated above is very clear. You can REAPPLY at a later date, which means that you CANNOT postpone the internship. Postponing would mean that if you were accepted for March you would be able to start the internship in October, instead, without any additional applications... Therefore, you will have to go through the process all over again -which is quite fair, I think, for reasons of equal treatment of all candidates.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum