Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting date of lobbying

+8
Summerwind
lucia_roman
konstantina88
stevedale84
DeZavala
cp2010
LM
bosch
12 posters
Go down
bosch

Starting date of lobbying Empty Starting date of lobbying

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:27 pm
Hi,

I read lots of comments on the starting date of lobbying. Yet it's still not clear for me whether we can start it right after receiving the letter of pre-identification on 18th November or only after being pre-selected for the Blue Book.

Any more ideas, suggestions?

Many thanks in adv and good luck for all of you!
LM

Starting date of lobbying Empty Re: Starting date of lobbying

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:44 am
I would say that you can start on the 18th since the email from the 18th confirms that you will be a part of the BlueBook if you send all documents. Especially if you are 100% sure to have assembled all necessary documents Smile
cp2010

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:36 pm
I think you only know that you're in the Blue Book on the 26th. They let you know if you're pre-identified on the 18th and only after checking that all the documents are ok they will put people on the Blue Book.

I figure they will pre-identify more people than the number that will actually go into the Blue Book.

I don't know for sure, but that's my interpretation.

Good luck!
DeZavala

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 am
You have until the 26th to SEND the documents. My understanding is that they will be receiving letters long after that date (take into account that there are many people outside UE and can take a while until the documents reach their destination). Don't you see it that way?
cp2010

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:10 pm
Actually, yes, I do agree with that entirely!

I guess if the information on the website is true and we are informed about the results by the end of the month then checking documents will overlap with pre-selection.
It's a bit iffy of a process in my opinion, but we'll see how it goes!

But regarding the topic, I wouldn't start lobbying until I received the email confirming I am in the Blue Book. That's when they can do something with the application and reserve you. If you write them before the Blue Book is done I'd say your chances of being overlooked increase a lot.
stevedale84

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:46 pm
Tell me what you think guys: on Monday hopefully we will know whether we have been preselected or not, but the email that everyone has received refers to a "virtual" Blue Book. Is it "virtual" because it doesn't exist as an object (I mean, it's just a database and not a real book) or because it wll become "real" once completed the eligibility check which will be performed after the documents have been sent to them?
I think this question is important. In my opinion, the lobbying could start already on Monday upon the notification of pre-selection, and it seems on this forum that many share this opinion. Is there anyone who believes instead that it's better to wait a bit longer?
As far as I understand, many DGs are pretty quick in choosing their trainees. Although I'm not completely convinced that lobbying plays such a fundamental role, better safe than sorry! It would be pointless to send a lot of emails when it might be too late.
I don't think it's a problem if lobbying starts on Monday or Tuesday (assuming that we are among the lucky ones...), there are so many applicants that, if someone turns out to be not eligible, someone else will get the place. Do you agree?
Wish you all a good weekend, personally I'm looking forward to Monday! Smile 
konstantina88

Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm
It's virtual because it's a database.. Personally, if i'll be pre-selected, i will start lobbying as soon as i received the email said i'm in the Blue Book.Have a nice weekend! Smile 
lucia_roman

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:29 am
My only concern about lobbying is whether the HoUs will have acces to the VBB before the eligibility check. Without that, they will not be able to reserve any trainee. Thus, some of the units might prefer to wait until all the formalities are over before undertaking any selection process. Hopefully, the email confirm pre-selection will also contain information on what we can/we cannot/it is useless at that point to do.
Summerwind

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:12 am
I guess there should be some information in the e-mail on whether the applicants receiving the e-mail on pre-selection tomorrow are actually been added to the virtual blue book as of tomorrow or only later (after the eligibility check). If not, it's certainly possible to send an e-mail to the traineeships office and ask, don't you think? In such case, the one sending the e-mail could share the information here, right? Smile

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
travisfull

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 pm
guys, we should wait to see the email of tomorrow.
I don't think that it will be possible to do lobbying until we won't receive the email stating our blue book number; for this reason, we should wait after the 26th.

Finger crossed!!
konstantina88

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm
Hey guys, just a question.. do you know who i suppose to contact(regarding lobbying) from EAC? i only found the name of the commissioner and and the general director, but no email address.. any ideas?(in case of pre-selection of course..)
Thank you! Very Happy 
stevedale84

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Got the email!
It seems pretty clear that, even if you have been preselected, you are NOT yet in the Blue Book until the eligibility check is performed! According to the message, a confirmation will be sent in December.
So in my opinion it's not recommended to start lobbying before that. What's your point of view?
pamg

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:43 pm
stevedale84 wrote:Got the email!
It seems pretty clear that, even if you have been preselected, you are NOT yet in the Blue Book until the eligibility check is performed! According to the message, a confirmation will be sent in December.
So in my opinion it's not recommended to start lobbying before that. What's your point of view?
I also share your opinion. The email still doesn't inform us on the Blue Book number, and therefore it's impossible for the DG's to reserve the candidates.
eeritrejaa

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:49 pm
This is my point of view also. We are just pre-identified, not pre-selected. It would be pointless to lobby without BB number, as pamg also stated. I'm getting all the documents together to send them tomorrow, not worrying about lobbying (yet) Smile Good luck to all!
MoreEU4all

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 am
Hi everybody!!
I also got the e-mail yesterday and don't know if it's time to start lobbing or not. A friend of mine suggests to start right now but still I don't think the e-mail we received yesterday is a pre-selection e-mail.
Really, I don't know what to do and I really don't want to wastethis opportunity...
What do you guys think?
Good luck everybody!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum