Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mielkro

traineeship sholarship  Empty traineeship sholarship

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:18 pm
Hi there,

I applied to the February 2014 EP traineeship, and I have a question regarding article 24 - 5 of the "Internal rules governing traineeships".

It stated: "If, during his/her traineeship, the trainee in receipt of a
scholarship receives earnings or a scholarship from another source, an
amount equivalent to this external income shall be deducted from the
amount to which he/she is entitled under paragraphs 1 and 4 of this Article."

I am currently unemployed and I receive an unemployment benefit. Is unemployment benefit considered as an income, that should be deducted from the scholarship ?

many thanks for your reply!

Mielkro
lucia_roman

traineeship sholarship  Empty Re: traineeship sholarship

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:22 pm
Depending on the legislation of your country, the unemployment office should stop paying you unemployement benefints when you will start your internship, if you are selected, since that would constitute for a paying activity.
Aneena
Aneena

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:40 am
I wouldn't overthink it - just take the scholarship + the unemployment benefit without telling anybody. If you start asking around you will only get in trouble, nobody at the parliament will ever know about the unemployment benefits, just as nobody at the unemployed office will know about the scholarship.

For me this rule should apply for somebody who gets a scholarship for his internship from another source (for example from the university), or is getting paid for the internship (by an MEP etc.) - the rule makes sure the person doesn't get the money for the internship twice. Of course you can contact the EP and ask, but my experience tells me that asking a difficult question to the institutions often opens Pandora's box Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum