Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Laluna

Marks or grade awarded in national classification* Empty Marks or grade awarded in national classification*

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:41 pm
Hello!

I am also applying for the first time and I do not know which marks or grade we are suppose to fill in within the section of education. Is this suppose to be the grade we have received on our final paper or grades of the main subjects we filled in above?

Also in the category of "major subject" I do not know what to put, since all classes I took were equal.

Good luck everybody!

Luna
Milena99

Marks or grade awarded in national classification* Empty Re: Marks or grade awarded in national classification*

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 pm
Hello to all!
I have the same problem. If somebody knows what we should write, please, tell us.
Mila
lijbatkolija

Marks or grade awarded in national classification* Empty Re: Marks or grade awarded in national classification*

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:15 pm
I picked the classes that make the strongest case for the position I was applying for! (As a lawyer, i put all my EU law classes for example) Smile

Hope that helps!
katunca

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:52 pm
Concerning the grade, I think we have to indicate our overall average grade of the bachelor / master (the final average grade). Could that be?
FionaC

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 pm
katunca wrote:Concerning the grade, I think we have to indicate our overall average grade of the bachelor / master (the final average grade). Could that be?
Yes! Smile 
If you have a percentage, or a mark out of 10 or 20, write it down.
If you were given a specific mention (magna cum laude, distinction, or whatever), add that too!

Careful though: only write the grade that was written on your diploma, don't calculate the average yourself - sometimes universities weigh each year differently. For my Bachelor's, for example, the third year weighed the most, and first year weighed the least. The logic behind that is that students tend to get better grades each year, as they get used to the system.
Laluna

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm
Hello Fiona,

Thank you for your answer. I do not have any specific average grade on any of my diplomas. Since this section is compulsory, how do I fill it in then?
FionaC

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:59 pm
What & where did you study? What does your diploma say? Were you awarded any honours, or ranked?
Laluna

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:07 pm
I studied in Holland and I believe nobody gets ranked here. There is only cum laude and I did not receive that. But that does not mean I had bad grades. Same with my bachelor's degree.
FionaC

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:14 pm
Hum... then calculate the average yourself. In any case, if you get preselected they'll get a copy of your diploma.
It's funny, I studied in Belgium, and we get year-by-year averages and ranking, the degree average and ranking, plus a specific mention if our grades our good enough. The full works! But then, they are grade-obsessed here...
Laluna

Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm
Thanks and good luck !
katunca

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 pm
Laluna wrote:I studied in Holland and I believe nobody gets ranked here. There is only cum laude and I did not receive that. But that does  not mean I had bad grades. Same with my bachelor's degree.
hey laluna, i also studied in the netherlands but I got an average grade.. If its not on your diploma then just write them an email and they will calculate it for you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum