Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DSS

EU Delegation Internships Empty EU Delegation Internships

Thu May 16, 2013 8:19 pm
Hi all,

Has anyone appliedor done an internship at the EU delegations? I just got accepted to the one to the UN and I am curious to know how competitive these internships are? Does anyone know how many applications they receive and how many the accept? The reason I ask is because I am hesitating and it would be great to have some additional factors to take into account.

Thanks!
pupsik

EU Delegation Internships Empty 2014 JPDs

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:34 pm
does anyone know if there is a new deadline for the 2014 JPDs? I can's find anything so far.
alexandraamarandei

EU Delegation Internships Empty Re: EU Delegation Internships

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Pupsik,

As far as I know, the deadline for the 2014 JPds is March 3rd. In order to apply you have to send the required documents to the designated authorities for the JPD programme. Generally, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has the task to give information about this matter, so I suggest to access the official website of your Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Also, I think each ministry has its own criteria that must be met by the candidates in order for them to apply, for example, I am a Romanian citizen and when I accessed the official website of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the JPD Programme, I found out that in order for me to apply I must met 3 or 4 conditions, including the one in which the candidate must have completed a master's degree, so imagine my surprise, as I will finish my MD this july. As such, I am very confused about this, because I would like to apply but I fear I might be rejected because of the matter I mentioned above.
Anyway, I have some PDF files that might help so if you have a skype account we can talk more there (xella_sandy).

pericle

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm
do you know if lobbying recommended?
giulia_z

Fri May 30, 2014 5:31 pm
DSS wrote:Hi all,

Has anyone appliedor done an internship at the EU delegations? I just got accepted to the one to the UN and I am curious to know how competitive these internships are? Does anyone know how many applications they receive and how many the accept? The reason I ask is because I am hesitating and it would be great to have some additional factors to take into account.

Thanks!

Hi DSS!  Very Happy 

Congrats!!!  Smile 

I'm Giulia from Italy, currently interning at UN DESA in NY!
I want to apply at the EU Delegation to the UN as well, could you please share your experience with me?
Which field are you expert in? How many years of professional experience do you have? Sorry for asking - just to have an idea of my real possibilities!
BTW, when will you arrive? I will be in town? I will stay until the end of August Smile Let me know if you need any tips!

Giulia
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum