Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
krz3

37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!! Empty 37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 am
Hi,

Why does the EEAS claim there is a fair selection of the JPDs? While going through the list of candidates of their created Facebook group, I would say that it is clearly discrimination where the number of men is only 8, compared with 37 women. So unfair!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
krz3

37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!! Empty Article 21 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am
Article 21 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union prohibits discrimination on any grounds, including gender, race, colour, ethnic or social group, nationality, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or other convictions, membership of a minority group, disability, age and sexual orientation.

tulipgoes

37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!! Empty This is really sad.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 am
I really thought the EEAS was better than this. I think the best way is to contact the media and letting them know about it. Mad
Aneena
Aneena

37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!! Empty Re: 37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 pm
Maybe many more women applied? When I was doing my traineeship at the European Commission there were also mainly girls, I don't remember the exact statistics, but many many many more women applied and were selected.
tulipgoes

37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!! Empty Your logic is really strange.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:28 pm
Aneena: your logic is really strange. Why not have a fair distribution. Even if there are less male applicants, an international organization such as the EU/EEAS should definitely take in consideration both sexes. I actually know that there are many male applicants because this is based on the fact that I am self a male applicant and have other male applicants as my friends. This is not fair in any way! Similar to nepotism!
Sponsored content

37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!! Empty Re: 37 woman and 8 men as JPD in the EEAS - Really not fair!!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum