Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
md45

Question regarding documents Empty Question regarding documents

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:38 pm
I have a question regarding documents for those who were selected or know someone that was selected in the past. I've tried to contact the traineeships office but they haven't answered the phone or returned my e-mail.

I understand that they want our university diplomas. I studied in the U.S., so I don't know what a European diploma looks like. Should I also enclose a transcript listing my grades during my studies? And is it OK to make a copy of the diploma with a copier/scanner or do they need an authentic one? If I need an authentic one, it would probably cost a lot of money and take several weeks to arrive to me (and it would be quite large).

They also want proof of written work, and they say that a cover page is acceptable. My cover page only has my name, the title of the paper, and the name of the class the paper was written for on it. There is no table of contents. I don't know if there is some standard cover page format that they expect. Should I therefore include my introductory section as proof? It seems like anyone can make a cover page even if they did not write a paper.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.
Fairylights22

Question regarding documents Empty Re: Question regarding documents

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 pm
Hey!

I'm a graduate from the UK, and in a very similar situation. I've sent an email but had no reply, as now of course the EU has closed for Christmas it'll be two weeks before I hear anything more.

In terms of university diploma, I would just send a copy of your degree certificate - that should be proof enough. My email made clear that copies rather than authentic certificates are acceptable. Or if you don't yet have a certificate, sending a transcript I would think should be fine.

I'm also a bit stuck about the 'proof of written work'! I did a dissertation as part of my degree, so it doesn't have a certificate or diploma of its own. We never get our dissertations back after submitting them, so I don't have a cover sheet either. Really no idea what to send, other than just a degree transcript with the dissertation listed in it. But even that doesn't have the dissertation title. Urrgh, wish they'd just get back to me so I could sort it out!

Which department are you with?

md45

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 pm
Thanks for your help! I'll be in DG External Policy. Let me know if you hear anything about what to do for the proof of written work.
Katyusza

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:35 pm
I have the same problem. I sent an email (21st December) to the traineeship office and confirmed that I accept the internship offer. I also asked for some details about my publications I need to send (I applied for a journalism option). I haven't got any answer. I know that the TO is closed form 22nd December to 3rd January.
noemikinga

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm
Hey guys!
I have a very stupid question. I don't know where to find the deputy HoU email address. I want to lobby but I cannot find any email address. They told me I am on waiting list at Internal Policies DG but I want to write them with a cover letter and CV to make sure I did my best in being accepted. And as I read here the general addresses we were provided are not quite sure and safe cuz maybe they don't take in consideration our mails.
Can anyone help me pls with a link or and advice!
Thanks a lot and good luck
md45

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm
I ended up deciding to just send my entire paper for the proof of written work.

One more question- the email I received when I was selected says "It is very important that we receive these documents by 14/01/2013 at the latest (as evidenced by the postmark)."

I'm not sure if this means that they must receive the documents by the 14th or that they must be postmarked and mailed by the 14th. I tried calling and emailing the traineeships office and did not get an answer. Does anyone know what this means? The reason I ask is because my college professor is late sending my recommendation to me.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm
postmarked and mailed by the 14th! So the date stamp on the envelope has to be latest 14th of January.
Dandini

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 pm
Hi guys,

has already someone received an official letter of invitation after checking the documents? Anyone selected to Luxembourg?

Thanks
adussa

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 pm
Hi,

I did not receive the official letter, just an unofficial email in which I was told that my file is complete and I should receive the letter soon. but that was some good weeks ago Smile

p.s. I'm selected for Bruxelles
Dandini

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 am
Hi adussa,

thank you for responding. I have also received an e-mail that my file is complete about two weeks ago and I am still waiting for an official letter. Hopefully it will arrive soon, I need to manage some issues regarding the traineeship.

Have a nice day Smile
adussa

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 am
Hi,

I received the official letter via email after all.
The information sent seem pretty confusing to me. For example, I did not understant when and where are we supposed to go to solve the "administrative stuff" such as giving our bank account infrmation and asking for the refund of the travel costs.
Btw, did any of you already contact your supervisors?
Dandini

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 pm
Hi,

I received the official letter also via e-mail yesterday afternoon. I am also not sure where to solve the administrative, but probably this will be made in the office dealing with the personal tasks, which we should visit on our first working day in the morning. I have not contacted my supervisor yet. I will write him only if there is something more that I would like to know. Hopefully everything will be fine Smile
HZ

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:53 pm
Hi,

I have a very basic question because I still haven't received the official email (I've sent my documents and been told that my application is eligible and complete)! So my question is, what date are those people who have been selected starting? Is it this Friday March 1 or next week?
Dandini

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 pm
Hi,

according to the admission letter I received my traineeship is starting this Friday, so better call the traineeship office.
HZ

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm
Dandini wrote:Hi,

according to the admission letter I received my traineeship is starting this Friday, so better call the traineeship office.

Thanks for your reply.

I have contacted them and they said I will receive it soon by email. So I guess I just have to wait and hope it arrives ASAP.

Which unit are you with, incidentally?
Dandini

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 pm
Good news Smile
I am selected for Unit for Rules and Parliamentary Law in Luxembourg
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum