Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying with units

+28
ECandidate
lilli84
zlorine
natalia1988
Ingen
Fm
vvlv
Marcanum
risinmojo
lilix
oyangweiwei
DG_EMPL
kaca
maraR
Enita
vuoksi
Billy_Joe
balkamos
davinya
setilvenstre
AlbertRoi
etusje
Elanor
christian.fiore
daniel.new
sentita
Anni1
Aneena
32 posters
Go down
Fm

Lobbying with units - Page 3 Empty Re: Lobbying with units

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:31 pm
I mean DON'T take trainees at RTD
Marcanum

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm
Thanks Ingen, that's two traineeship periods in a row that they are not able to have a trainee. *sigh*
vvlv

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm
Fm - RTD: A1, C1, C4
Ingen

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 pm
Marcanum, yes it's a pity.. my profile could suit them quite well too. As for ENER and RTD - I have no news from them either. What I know from reading this forum is that ENER generally has a "quiet" policy of selecting trainees. Not much info about them calling people for interviews. I guess we still have hope Smile
davinya

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:36 pm
Just got this e-mail from BEPA:

"Dear Traineeship's Candidate,

Thank you for your e-mail to our different services informing that you have passed the pre selection stage, for which we congratulate you.

We note that you wish to have a traineeship within BEPA. However, as the selection of candidates is under way, we are not in a position at this stage to be able to guarantee a traineeship in this department.

You will be kept informed on the development of the trainee selection by the Traineeships Office.

Should your first application be unsuccessful, you can still apply for a subsequent exercise, provided you are still eligible. You must, however, make a fresh application.

In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of personal data, we would inform you that the information you have supplied will not be kept by our services.
Wishing you good luck with your projects, we remain .

Yours faithfully,

BEPA SPONTANEOUS JOB APPLICATION"

But still no calls/interviews for me, neither from BEPA nor from other Units I contacted.. Sad
natalia1988

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm
Hello, I woudl like to ask you if anybody was called by DG SANCO in Ireland or DG AGRI, sofar?
Fm

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 pm
vvlv wrote:Fm - RTD: A1, C1, C4

Thanks for that:) I'm more interested in the more scientific units, such as E and F.
I also observed that almost nobody on this forum mentioned any news from this DG, also in the previous years. I didn't lobby because I thought I did not have much chance getting in, but now I cant wait until this wait is over!!

Anybody else that didn't lobby?
maraR

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 am
I wrote some e-mails to DG Comm but no answers... Has anyone heard from them?
Also, I wrote to the delegation in turkey and they told me they are not entitled to choose trainees. So... I wrote another mail to the Managing Director for Administration and Finance at EEAS CHILD Patrick and he quickly answered:
"Thank you for your interest in working for the European External Action Service. We are not intending to host a stagiaire in our delegation in Turkey for the next cycle. I am sorry to send you a disappointing reply, but I wish you every success for the future."
I you want to try your luck regarding other delegations, this is his address: patrick.child@eeas.europa.eu
zlorine

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 pm
Hello everyone. So, it seems like most of us are on the same boat now! Is is pretty unnerving, although there is not much else one can do at this point!

Personally, I hope I did not waste my opportunities by mistake. As I had understood that the process will start in the second half of December, I left my Italian number, as I'm going there tomorrow for Christmas holidays. But I forgot about that, and when I've turned it on this morning I saw a call from Brussels - I called back and got no answer.

Now, what I wonder is, if you don't answer your phone, and it can be for a less stupid reason that in my case, say you ran out of battery of you're at the gym, do you risk to lose your place in the shortlist? Also, I had left my Spanish phone as well as 'other number' and got no calls there, and emails neither.

Anyway, let's wait a few weeks more.. and good luck everyone.

pd. A question: the number was the one of a cell phone, did anyone got calls from cel phone instead of office numbers?
lilli84

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:10 pm
I'd say to call back again many times, just to be sure!
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm
zlorine wrote:Hello everyone. So, it seems like most of us are on the same boat now! Is is pretty unnerving, although there is not much else one can do at this point!

Personally, I hope I did not waste my opportunities by mistake. As I had understood that the process will start in the second half of December, I left my Italian number, as I'm going there tomorrow for Christmas holidays. But I forgot about that, and when I've turned it on this morning I saw a call from Brussels - I called back and got no answer.

Now, what I wonder is, if you don't answer your phone, and it can be for a less stupid reason that in my case, say you ran out of battery of you're at the gym, do you risk to lose your place in the shortlist? Also, I had left my Spanish phone as well as 'other number' and got no calls there, and emails neither.

Anyway, let's wait a few weeks more.. and good luck everyone.

pd. A question: the number was the one of a cell phone, did anyone got calls from cel phone instead of office numbers?

All the calls I got from the EC were from "unknown numbers" and from what I have read here other people had similar experiences!
zlorine

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm
i sent them a message asking to use my Spanish numer or to write me an email (which would go a good practice anyway, in my opinion!).

Ecandidate thanks for the info. Still, it would be a curious coincidence, but given that I answered one day later, maybe I hope it is Smile
Elanor

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 pm
Yes, I also got a call from the EC and it was a "restricted number".
natalia1988

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 pm
I got today three phone calls from restricted number, but unfortunately I has my MSc thesis defence, and I could not answer Sad Do you think that they will call me again tomorrow?
zlorine

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:06 pm
In the end, it was from someone in the commission, a Head of Unit in Tax and Customs that called to see if I was interested (I said yes - still as explained by others this doesn't mean much).

Well this is good news for those who've lost some calls, they do call back! And if they don't I believe I've understood that she would have put me on a shortlist anyway.
balkamos

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm
Fm wrote:I mean DON'T take trainees at RTD

Is this sure because a week ago sent me an e-mail that they ''note my interest'' and I'll have news till 15th of January
Fm

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm
balkamos wrote:

Is this sure because a week ago sent me an e-mail that they ''note my interest'' and I'll have news till 15th of January

no no! My comment was just a question I asked previously: 'which units dont take trainees at RTD?' and I corrected a typo (in capitals) that's why it looks like a statement! Sorry for the confusion. Just check the previous posts! Smile

Do you mind me asking which unit contacted you at RTD?
balkamos

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm
Fm wrote:
balkamos wrote:

no no! My comment was just a question I asked previously: 'which units dont take trainees at RTD?' and I corrected a typo (in capitals) that's why it looks like a statement! Sorry for the confusion. Just check the previous posts! Smile

Do you mind me asking which unit contacted you at RTD?

Ok,thanks. I just said a general interest e-mail to the hr department (actually they have people,three of them as it seems from their reply, dealing with trainees) stating my special interest for the asia subdirectorate
balkamos

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm
Also, I don't how many of you have linked but on the Commission's profile http://www.linkedin.com/company/european-commission?goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=top_nav_home[/url]

the post goes like that: European Commission has a new Stagiaire at DG CONNECT and then the name of the trainee ''.... is now Stagiaire at DG CONNECT''. It seems as if some DGs(DG MARE,Enterprise and Industry, Competition, CONNECT ) have already made their minds
Donnie_Darko
Donnie_Darko

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm
Any scientists (chemistry, biology etc.) out there get any interviews or responses?

I'm interested in the Environment DG, DG SANCO and DG Research.

natalia1988

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:25 pm
I had interview in DG SANCO and DG AGRI.
Elanor

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 pm
I just received this e-mail from ECHO which has some useful info for all of us. She's replying to me even in her free time!

--

The selection is finished but we, in the DG's are not allowed to give any information about the outcome of the selection. The traineeship's office will send out messages (contracts and neg. responses) around 10 of January.

Concerning the phonecall of our units : all my units had to contact around 15 candidates and do a preselection and establish a shortlist of 5 final candidates but of course could only take 1 candidate.

So even if you were contacted, this gives no guarantee you were on their shortlist.

As all DG's were selecting together on 18 December, the First DG who reserved a candidate gets this person, even if other DG's are interested as well, therefore I needed 5 names for each unit so I could take the second candidate of my unit if the first one was already selected.

We sent off our final list to the traineeship's office 18/12 but cannot say anything until the Traineeship's office has sent out the contracts so if you are selected or not, only the traineeship's office will write all of you around 10 th of January.

For the moment I try to respond to candidates who wrote us (around 200 mails to respond!) even I am on leave as our offices are closed until 3rd of January and I will only be back on 8/1.

Fingers crossed and good luck
maraR

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 pm
Statistics https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/followup/application_statistics.cfm?session=78 show they keep almost 700 trainees/ session so I hope they accept more than 1 trainee/DG, as it says in the mail you received from ECHO.
Elanor

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 pm
maraR wrote:Statistics https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/followup/application_statistics.cfm?session=78 show they keep almost 700 trainees/ session so I hope they accept more than 1 trainee/DG, as it says in the mail you received from ECHO.

No no, she says each unit accepts only 1. (and obviously quite a few units per DG get a trainee)
dazu

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:47 pm
So trainees were all taken already before Christmas?

Elanor wrote:I just received this e-mail from ECHO which has some useful info for all of us. She's replying to me even in her free time!

--

The selection is finished but we, in the DG's are not allowed to give any information about the outcome of the selection. The traineeship's office will send out messages (contracts and neg. responses) around 10 of January.

Concerning the phonecall of our units : all my units had to contact around 15 candidates and do a preselection and establish a shortlist of 5 final candidates but of course could only take 1 candidate.

So even if you were contacted, this gives no guarantee you were on their shortlist.

As all DG's were selecting together on 18 December, the First DG who reserved a candidate gets this person, even if other DG's are interested as well, therefore I needed 5 names for each unit so I could take the second candidate of my unit if the first one was already selected.

We sent off our final list to the traineeship's office 18/12 but cannot say anything until the Traineeship's office has sent out the contracts so if you are selected or not, only the traineeship's office will write all of you around 10 th of January.

For the moment I try to respond to candidates who wrote us (around 200 mails to respond!) even I am on leave as our offices are closed until 3rd of January and I will only be back on 8/1.

Fingers crossed and good luck
noemikinga

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 pm
Hey guys!
I have a very stupid question. I don't know where to find the deputy HoU email address. I want to lobby but I cannot find any email address. They told me I am on waiting list at Internal Policies DG but I want to write them with a cover letter and CV to make sure I did my best in being accepted. And as I read here the general addresses we were provided are not quite sure and safe cuz maybe they don't take in consideration our mails.
Can anyone help me pls with a link or and advice!
Thanks a lot and good luk
Elanor

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm
dazu wrote:So trainees were all taken already before Christmas?

Yes, that's what she says. So the next e-mail/news we'll get is from the Traineeship Office.
Anne1980

Lobbying with units - Page 3 Empty We want you but HR donĀ“t

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 am

Hello everybody,

On december 7th I received the mail saying i was preselected so i started very fast the lobbying thing.

The DG i contacted after seeing my CV and education related to their job topic wanted to take me as a trainee (it was december 14th) so they contacted HR ....BUT HR did not!!!.

Why? HR said that all trainee slots were already completed for 2013....

Question: How could it be, 2013 october application starts today?...so the only thing i can think of is that most of the posts are already completed because "friends and family go first " contacts and relations as usual .... the DG director felt so sorry that she did not know what to say....

And myself i felt like if someone was making fun of me...very sad.
risinmojo

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 am
Anne1980 wrote:
Hello everybody,

On december 7th I received the mail saying i was preselected so i started very fast the lobbying thing.

The DG i contacted after seeing my CV and education related to their job topic wanted to take me as a trainee (it was december 14th) so they contacted HR ....BUT HR did not!!!.

Why? HR said that all trainee slots were already completed for 2013....

Question: How could it be, 2013 october application starts today?...so the only thing i can think of is that most of the posts are already completed because "friends and family go first " contacts and relations as usual .... the DG director felt so sorry that she did not know what to say....

And myself i felt like if someone was making fun of me...very sad.

Did you already get the official email from TO? What DG contacted you??
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum