Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kzs

JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union) Empty JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 pm
any news about JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union)?
elina

JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union) Empty Re: JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union)

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 pm
i have also applied and still nothing....
ker.ma

JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union) Empty Re: JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union)

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:37 am

I applied too and can't even get my national agency to tell me whether I was preselected or not.
kzs

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm
ker.ma, you applied through which country? I talked to one friend at EU del and apparently that do not have any information who was selected but it is possible that head of section know something more.. in general, no details
ker.ma

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 pm
I see, thank you kzs. I applied through Poland
kzs

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:49 am
as far as I know, Polish citizens have been informed of preselection results. Call your national agency and ask them for more details. Good luck!
Jnster

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 am
I got informed about the preselection result in the Czech R., so did candidates in most other countries. I contacted the national agency about the EEAS validation results a week ago; they received no information from the EEAS whatsoever and told me that the EEAS might contact the candidates directly (which they should have done, actually, if you read the guidelines - the highest ranked candidates should have been contacted by email and given a permission to contact the delegations - maybe this has already been done).
ekv

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 pm
I was pre-selected by my national ministry (for the Commission JPD places) and informed in time. However, there are no news yet from the EC/EEAS evaluation or at least my MFA is not informed yet.

Does anyone has already been contacted? I wonder whether the silence is due to a delay of the EC/EEAS with the evaluation or is it possible that only applicants in list A get informed about that?

I went thorugh the implementing rules and to me it;s not clear whether a so-called 'lobbying' is possible if you remain in list B or whether it can disqualify you...any observations on that?
Laucario

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 pm
Same here, I was selected by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France and I haven't heard from the EEAS so far.
The email I received when I got preselected mentioned that I will get the final answer "in December". So I guess I should just keep waiting since we're only December 5th...
phalanx

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey guys,

Any news for any of you about the final selection? What's the whole list A, list B stuff? I haven't seen it in the documents provided on the site.
bkap

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:49 am
No news yet but the EEAS has completed the evaluation of candidates so we should be hearing soon the results. The EEAS will be sending notes to the permanent representations of all EU countries and they will notify the candidates. So we will get the news from our national authorities, not the EEAS. Of the 8 preselected candidates from each country, the 2 highest ranked will be placed on the A list and the rest (if validated) will be placed on the B (reserve) list. The rules can be found on the EEAS website (the 2nd pdf on the implementation of the JPD programme I believe). Best of luck to all of you guys!
Laucario

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:20 pm
Thank you for the details bkap
Although I have to admit I kinda hate the word "soon" for it definitely has different meanings depending on who is using it. As for me, soon would mean like em Monday? Smile
bkap

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:26 am
I agree Laucario,

hopefully since they have finished with the evaluation we can expect our torture to end this week. I am not saying Monday because it may take national delegations 1-2 days to notify candidates. If anyone hears back, please report so that we can "bother" our delegations. Again, best of luck to all of you!
phalanx

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm
Good luck to everyone this week! Very Happy
Jnster

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Do you guys think that they're going to have another intake for this programme next year? Or maybe every two years? I think that the previous JED programme (which I had no idea about until they announced the new one) had an intake every two years. Also, I wonder how much one can count on the 9 month extension of the contract.
ekv

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 am
bkap wrote:No news yet but the EEAS has completed the evaluation of candidates so we should be hearing soon the results. The EEAS will be sending notes to the permanent representations of all EU countries and they will notify the candidates. So we will get the news from our national authorities, not the EEAS. Of the 8 preselected candidates from each country, the 2 highest ranked will be placed on the A list and the rest (if validated) will be placed on the B (reserve) list. The rules can be found on the EEAS website (the 2nd pdf on the implementation of the JPD programme I believe). Best of luck to all of you guys!
Hi, bkap, do you actually have a confirmation that the evaluation has been done? Because the deadlines for this have expired respectively in end October for the EEAS and end of November for the EC and still there are no news through the national contact ponts?! It would have been nice if we got at least informed about dealys in the initial planning...Bon courage to all!
bkap

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 am
Hi ekv,

Yes, the EEAS responded to my query regarding the results (date: December 4) and confirmed that the evaluation has been completed. They also mentioned that they would notify the national delegations which would then inform the preselected candidates. I know this has taken longer than the original planning but it seems we will be informed soon, I cannot imagine the official dispatching of results to take more than a few days. Having to commit myself to different things for 2013 I would really prefer if the whole process had been completed in late October but hopefully the wait will soon be over.
ekv

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 pm
Thanks, bkap, good to know that there is some progress with the selection! It should be released very soon then. Cheers,
bkap

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 am
It seems that notes to permanent representations have been sent out on Monday (or have begun to be dispatched on Monday). I have not been notified yet from my home country (Greece) but Romania for instance has uploaded the note on its permanent representation website (take a look at the 1st link on the right at [Only admins are allowed to see this link] I found the link from the EEAS page under “contact points”). Unfortunately, I have to say I am not very optimistic any more, as the EEAS reduced the intake to 1 pre-selected candidate per country and changed the EEAS list 1 which now does not include my preferred destination. Hope you all have some good news!
Pilot100

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm
Hey Guys,

Does each country only have one place now (even... UK, France and Germany)? My country took out 8 candidates for the first round. Only one candidate from my country ended up on the A list. I am on the B list together with two other candidates from my country. I guess I should expect my further chances as low? Cheers.
Jnster

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:02 pm
So it seems. Bigger countries like France, UK etc. usually have some additional places in their priority countries financed by their Governments, not by the EEAS (i.e. if you look at the website of the French Ministry of Affairs, you can see that they have a few more spots). Too bad there's only 1 spot per country now!
Laucario

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm
Hi guys
Has anyone else than Pilot100 received a reply from his/her MFA?
dijajana2

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I contacted my MFA and I was informed that they still have not results from EEAS.
Laucario

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:54 pm
Which MFA dijajana2?
dijajana2

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 pm
Lithuanian
kabala0912

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm
Hey Guys! Any news? I am from Hungary and got no answer yet from the MFA...
Laucario

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 pm
Guys, I received the answer today, I got selected!
Best of luck to all of you!
ekv

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 am
Guys, does any of you have results on the EC selection?
elenafan

JUNIOR PROFESSIONALS IN THE EU DELEGATIONS (JPD) (High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union) Empty EC selection - final stages?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm
hey guys, I would like to share something curious that happened to me today. After applying for the High Level Traineeship - EC selection months ago, and completely forgetting about it as I was never notified by the national agency whether I went through pre-selection and other stages, I got a call today from my national agency (IT). The lady there wanted to check whether I was contacted by the Commission for a traineeship position. She was surprised that I did not get contacted as my co-national who has also been selected already was. Apparently, the Commission has the duty to contact (final?) candidates, not the national agency, and the national agency tries to know via the candidate her/himself whether the Commission has contacted him/her. Well, I have not heard by the Commission so far, and I wonder what this whole means: am I really finally finally selected, or am I on some kind of B list, or what?

I wanted to know from you guys whether you have news... thanx
pericle

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm
do you know if lobbying recommended?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum