Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selections??:D :S

+18
chevre9
Antoinos
DG_EMPL
niuvois
luizzaa
asebastiann
Ayram
Natalija
Billy_Joe
nochrreq
marta.g
scras
candidate
hschulz
Alicec
anacristina
sagarmatha
leila_p
22 posters
Go down
leila_p

Selections??:D :S Empty Selections??:D :S

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:34 am
Hi everyone Smile
Has anyone already been selected??
I know the deadline is on the 15th, but if you tell us "the others" can stop to hope..Smile
If you were selected could you please tell us if you made any kind of lobbying (phone calls or other)?
I was very naive but I discovered just now about this, I considered it "not fair" but I saw the others doing it and I wanted to know wheter it is useful, for the next time..Smile
Thank you all Smile
sagarmatha

Selections??:D :S Empty Re: Selections??:D :S

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:20 pm
Stil no news, at least for me.... Just waiting and crossing fingers!
anacristina

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 pm
Well, I agree with you leila_p.
That idea of lobbying is very stupid and in my case I won't do it.
And so far.. no news.
Alicec

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 am
No news for me either. And I won't lobby, it's just not right! Good luck girls!
leila_p

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 am
OK, I read on the new thread that a girl has received the pre-selection letter, so I think the others may all stop hoping about it..

Compliments to all who have been pre-selected! Smile
.. and a sympathetic hug to all the others..I deeply share your disappointment!Sad

If those selected have the will to share with us their cv just to let us understand which was the required profile I'm sure we would be very very grateful!

Good luck everybody.
hschulz

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm
Do you mean the EESC or the COR? I haven't heard anything from the EESC yet : (
candidate

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm
Hi guys,

I see you are interested in knowing more about the selection requirements for the EESC and CoR. I applied for both organs but I was rejected before. Thus from my personal experience and what I have learned in between from selected members I should tell you that in order to get entrance in the EESC or the CoR one need have quite IMPRESSIVE academic and work experience because you are competing with at least 1000 people from all over the EU and abroad for some 10-15 places only.

This means that one need something very specific which the traineeship officer would like to see. For instance, two or three-year experience or similar duties within a local government body in your country or international organization would be very beneficial. Secondly, your university need be 'good' one (I have got to know that students from renowned universities like Kings College London are viewed very favourably, though this does not guarantee a promotion). Moreover, knowledge of English is indispensable and importantly that of French and partly German. The more languages you know, the better chances in the end. Last but not least, your previous work experience and skills need be relevant to the unit you want to take part in. If you have mentioned working as a waiter or catering staff, this does not help much, does it?

To sum it up, a good degree (preferable at least one Master degree!) from a prestigious university coupled with good and germane work experience and extra curricular activities (volunteering) should be enough... Or maybe. After all, we do not know what the other people have presented on their CV and how competitive they are. This is why I would advise you to compete for the Parliament and the Commission traineeships because the chances there seem more feasible plus you can lobby there.

Anyway, good luck and do not despair. Many of the people here have tried for two years and have not yet been selected!
hschulz

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm
FYI, this year they received over 3500 applications for the eesc... i speak 4 languages fluently, have 4 years working experience, a degree in political science, have been doing international relations for a trade union... and have NOT been contacted.

so far, so good.

i think i'm giving up
candidate

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:57 pm
One more thing that I forgot to mention is the quota system. As you are aware, applicants should be coming from various and different countries within the EU mainly. However, sometimes there is a prevalence of certain nationalities than others (for instance, a considerable majority of accepted applicants in the Commission are Italians. I do not know why is that, but if you look at data you will see that they constitute the largest contingent of nationals from a certain country). Therefore, if for example last year there were more French candidates who have been offered traineeship than all else, this year the number of French applicants would be brought to a minimum. This is how the procedure for applicants at the 'European court of justice' works. Makes sense, so it is sometimes due to luck too.
scras

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 pm
OK, so we have only news from one person? Nobody else here got selected?
hschulz

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 pm
No. And we don't even know what this person applied for.
candidate

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:04 pm
If you call the traineeship office you might have some luck receiving at least a vague kind of answer about your status. If truly one had received a pre-selected email, then they should be ready with up to 80-90% with the preselection process already.

anacristina

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 pm
So, we must be brilliant.. I guess it's time for game over Sad
Alicec

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:15 pm
If nobody else received a preselection email then maybe the girl who said she did, posted in the wrong topic Smile
marta.g

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 am
Hey Alicec,

I got a response from the CoR and I hope I posted in the right topic ;P Anyway, it's really strange that no one heard anything. Maybe some of the departments send their preselection results earlier than the other ones?
scras

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 am
Marta, which department contacted you?
marta.g

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am
Administration/Internal Control/Business Continuity Planning/ Traineeships Office
candidate

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm
Marta, if you do not mind, could you give a few brief details about your CV such as education, work experience, extracurricular activities etc? It would be helpful for the rest to know.

Regards.
nochrreq

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 am
Hello everybody,

I have applied for the CoR February 2013 traineeship session and got pre-selected on 12th November. They sent me a mail to inform me about the status change and to say that it's now ok to attach documents to certify what I have written in the application form. They also told me that they will send me another mail with the preselection letter and the acceptance form to sign and send them as well.

A little side note; I had also applied for the September 2012 session and was pre-selected for this one as well, however, I exceeded the deadline and consequently missed it.

For the September 2012 session, they had sent me the mail for the status change to "pre-selected" on 16 May and on 18 May they sent me the mail with the letter and the form. The deadline to send documents was 30th May.

For the Februay 2013 session they still did not send me the letter and the form for which I count myself lucky because I am still trying to obtain the documents. I won't miss the deadline this time though, lol.

About my background;

I am a citizen of a EU candidate country (hint: a country which would never become a full member since it has always been the "other" for Europe throughout the history), a philosophy graduate, with 1.5 years of work experience in marketing department (outsourced) of one of the most prestigious multinational companies (the biggest one in it's sector), some Mun and Nato simulations. Then resigned and now I am pursuing a master's degree (economics and political science) in Italy and am on my 3rd year (extended) writing my thesis and passing some couple of exams remaining from last year.

What made a difference was my motivational letter as it was already mentioned by the head of the department for which I applied for. This time I copy-pasted the letter again because the head had told me before that he was looking forward to interview me because my cv and the letter was very interesting.

What I wrote in the letter was just a sincere insight about the dark periods my country had been through, how it affected my view about life and how it developed me into a person that I am now. It was an original piece of paper.

The department I applied for is a political group that reflects my views. I have always been interested in politics both academically and as a hobby.

I am a fluent English speaker with a very basic French (I have just started a month ago) and an Intermediate Italian, as well as my mother tongue.

Hope this helps
marta.g

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:48 am
That's quite an impressive CV! I would write an email to the Traineeship Office, because I received the official email with the acceptance form the same day as the email about the status change. You have only two days to send the acceptance form back, so it may be good to get in touch with the office.

I have two bachelors degrees - one in linguistics, the other one in European Studies. I'm pursuing a Master's Degree right now in Brussels and I specialize in development policy. I took part in Erasmus program at the Leiden University and in summer school courses at the LSE. I speak Polish, English and Dutch fluently and French at B1 level. I worked for 3,5 years as a Dutch teacher and vocational trainer, afterwards I got a 5-months internship at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, and currently I'm working for a market research company.

Hope this helps.
candidate

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm
Congrats to those who are offered traineeship and good luck to the rest who still await their status change.

What is more dreaded and disliked than outright rejection is the long anticipation period. Hopefully, this time the traineeship offices will work faster and by the end of this month we all will be informed because I have read previous threads in which applicants waited till Christmas and right then they had a 'very good present' in store (rejection) santa
scras

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 pm
Hi, I just spoke with the traineeship office. They told me that all pre-selected candidate have been contacted.
Alicec

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm
Sad anyway.. congrats to them! But wtb EESC?
Billy_Joe

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 pm
marta.g, can i ask you just one question: How old you are?

marta.g wrote:That's quite an impressive CV! I would write an email to the Traineeship Office, because I received the official email with the acceptance form the same day as the email about the status change. You have only two days to send the acceptance form back, so it may be good to get in touch with the office.

I have two bachelors degrees - one in linguistics, the other one in European Studies. I'm pursuing a Master's Degree right now in Brussels and I specialize in development policy. I took part in Erasmus program at the Leiden University and in summer school courses at the LSE. I speak Polish, English and Dutch fluently and French at B1 level. I worked for 3,5 years as a Dutch teacher and vocational trainer, afterwards I got a 5-months internship at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, and currently I'm working for a market research company.

Hope this helps.
marta.g

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:27 pm
I'm 25, so it took me some time to finish all this.
Natalija

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm
Hiii Smile

I need help Smile I have been pre-selected for EESC. But I do not get the document submission process. The email that I received says : "

"You are now able to submit your documents by sending them in our e-mail EESC-trainee@eesc.europa.eu.
The following documents are required :
· A police record
· A medical certificate
· All your diplomas of University level or equivalent"

Does that mean that this are the only documents that i have to submit, or I also have to submit the ones required in the online app?

Thanks,
Natalija
Ayram

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:28 pm
Natalija wrote:Hiii Smile

I need help Smile I have been pre-selected for EESC. But I do not get the document submission process. The email that I received says : "

"You are now able to submit your documents by sending them in our e-mail EESC-trainee@eesc.europa.eu.
The following documents are required :
· A police record
· A medical certificate

Does that mean that this are the only documents that i have to submit, or I also have to submit the ones required in the online app?

Thanks,
Natalija

Dear Natalija,
I received the same mail and I sent them those documents by email. Does anyone know how long will it takes to get the final decision?
Another thing: I had a problem with my pc so I lost the first mail they sent me and I'm not able to log in my online application. Will I be notified either if I'm not chosen?

Thanks everyone!
asebastiann

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:25 pm
Hello

Natalija, Ayram, Marta I also have been pre-selected, i send it the mail with the following documents are required :
· A police record
· A medical certificate

But I need to submit all the documents in online aplication also no? anyone can you say it where I find the acceptance form? Because I not received by mail with other information.

Thanks.

Ayram

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:34 pm
Asebastian I sent them by email as written in the preselction advice. Also because I have this problem .. I can't log in my online application it says that my identifier is not valid O.o
asebastiann

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:43 pm
Nochrreq you say also not received any acceptance form? anyone who is pre-selected not received?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum