Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Were you successful?

0 - 0%
22 - 85%
4 - 15%

Total Votes: 26

Poll closed
curiosity

EESC traineeship Autumn Empty EESC traineeship Autumn

Mon May 21, 2012 2:48 am
EESC:

Any news from them? Apart from the 'application valid' phase? scratch

Good luck to y'all! cheers
pocahontas

EESC traineeship Autumn Empty Re: EESC traineeship Autumn

Mon May 21, 2012 8:16 pm
Same for me, no status change. I'm little bit worried that it's already over. The traineeship office is the same for both CoR and EESC and the deadline for preselction was the same - 15 of May. So I guess I didn't get pre-selected for either of them
curiosity

Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am
The pre-selection phase started in mid-May and ends at the end of May, don't give up hope.

pocahontas

Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 am
Really? I thought the deadline for pre-selection was on the 15 of May, but I guess I was wrong, my hopes are back:)
curiosity

Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Out of all the eligible applications received on-line, the Traineeship Office will invite about 150 pre-selected applicants to send in a complete file by post, containing documents supporting the declarations made in the on-line application form. Future trainees will subsequently be chosen from these pre-selected candidates.
Deadlines(imperative deadline)End of pre-selection
Autumn Traineeship End of May
curiosity

Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm
6 more days left till June then I guess it is over...
candidate

Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 am
Yes, we are left with a few more days to get to know whether we are pre-selected or not.
Two days ago I received a response from the traineeship office regarding my inquiry whether I have been successful at this stage and I was informed that the pre-selection process is in progress and those that have been chosen will be duly notified soon. I guess that we are all in the same boat now - disliking the fact that we have to wait even more than facing a direct rejection ...

So again, we have to wait and hope. It will be a long week of 'Great Expectations' ...
curiosity

Sun May 27, 2012 3:27 am
candidate wrote:I was informed that the pre-selection process is in progress and those that have been chosen will be duly notified soon. I guess that we are all in the same boat now - disliking the fact that we have to wait even more than facing a direct rejection ...

So again, we have to wait and hope. It will be a long week of 'Great Expectations' ...

5 more days left. I just wish they could inform applicants - concerning their application - on time (as you said: 'face direct rejection') cos there are lots of opportunities in this World. it is difficult to plan ahead if things are uncertain... Basketball
candidate

Sun May 27, 2012 11:29 am
What I find positive is that the CoR had already finished their pre-selection stage.(documents had to be submitted by 20th May according to what I have read here). As I am aware that most of the applicants for traineeship within the EU organs apply for all or almost all of the institutions, then logically reasoning the best candidates with most attractive profiles should go to the CoR now. In my opinion this leaves places, though still a few, for the EESC and especially for the Parliament and the Commission. The competition is tremendous since any informed European graduate would like to try an internship with the EU. So, those who are selected should really be proud of themselves. It is not like Darwin's natural selection, it is even more competitive than that Very Happy
candidate

Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 pm
Any news anyone? At least someone should have been informed by some of the departments that s/he is through/rejected.
It would be too much if the EESC leaves everything up until the very last day of May ...
curiosity

Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 am
I don't agree with you that always the best candidates get selected. Another person in another thread pointed out that she speaks 5 languages, has 4 master's degrees and multiple internships yet someone with a 'worse' profile was chosen. Lots of luck is needed...
curiosity

Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 am
candidate wrote:Any news anyone? At least someone should have been informed by some of the departments that s/he is through/rejected.
It would be too much if the EESC leaves everything up until the very last day of May ...

3 days left. Maybe they won't send out rejections at all, who knows.
candidate

Tue May 29, 2012 9:54 pm
OK, that's it. I give up waiting for an email or any kind of response from the EESC. This is getting on my nerves now, I can completely understand if I am rejected, but to be 'Waiting for Godot' is rather absurd.
curiosity

Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm
2 more days then it's over.
candidate

Thu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm
Maybe this year no-one will be pre-selected after all haha ...
hschulz

Thu May 31, 2012 5:24 pm
I sent them an email today. I guess if you're NOT pre-selected your status changes to sth like 'rejected'? I hope they don't leave you with valid forever!!!

Do you guys know anything about this?
If my status hasn't changed by tomorrow morning, does that mean I have NOT been pre-selected?

Thanks a lot

candidate

Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm
It is either the pre-selection is extended and the departments are still choosing applicants or there is a problem in the system, or we are all not pre-selected and wasting our time waiting for them. Maybe it is the final option. I tried to contact them a few times for the past days, but there is no answer. This is not professional indeed and after all they are part of the EU! and get salaries from taxes paid by all of us...
My advice - do not bother with the EESC, try other options.
pocahontas

Thu May 31, 2012 10:06 pm
Maybe it is similar to the selection process in the CoR - they send emails to people who are pre-selected and leave the rest waiting, without any message. And in case that not enough people is interested, they can still contact you...or they just don't care anymore about people who didn't get selected and don't even bother to send them a stupid email...anyway, I'm getting really tired of all these EU procedures and of a constant waiting for something
candidate

Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 pm
Yesterday I received an email from the CoR informing me that I was not pre-selected. At least the CoR does it job according to schedule (notifying applicants by the end of May).
Anyhow, if 150 people are pre-selected out of a pool of around 1000 candidates, it means that 1 in 10 roughly is pre-selected. Then at least someone in this forum should have been told that s/he is going to the next stage...
Anyone else relying on the EU Parliament? Smile
pocahontas

Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 pm
I have no news from CoR...I guess I was not pre-selected but I didn't get a rejection email either...I will probably get it tomorrow:D I was pre-selected for the EC, but haven't received any emails or calls yet so I am slowly starting to think that I won't get this one either...So my last hope is the EU Parliament as well:)
hschulz

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 am
So no one here got preselected for EESC, right? This is really strange...
Marcanum

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:01 am
Are we 100% they'd send in the results at the end of May though? Looking at the previous October forum, people were getting their mails near mid/end-June?
hschulz

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:16 am
I'm calling the traineeship office but no one's answering - I guess they want to avoid giving explanations Razz

Marcanum, what you just pointed out is very interesting... In any case, no one here has received a rejection, either, right? No one has received any news from them !? Maybe they ARE late and there IS hope, but hey, could they not just send out an email or something??!
candidate

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:47 pm
Yes, it is getting ridiculous now. I do not ask for anything extraordinary or special - just an answer to simple question (Am I pre-selected or is the preselection done?)
Now we have to wait up until next week for a response, if we receive it at all then :::
hschulz

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:06 pm
I finally managed to have them on the phone just a couple of hours ago.

Apparently they have sent out the emails for the pre-selected already

So if you haven't received anything it means you are NOT pre-selected.

This is what they said. We're all out by now. No
nas

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:25 pm
Well that's really strange. I haven't neither received an email so far, but my online status hasn't changed either. HMmm
candidate

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:54 pm
OK then, I guess that we are not pre-selected. Good luck to you all with the next application!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum