Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone call after pre-selection

+30
hw
seaside
flateric
Marijo
inculis
anemoniii
PhyK
myrskypilvi
rea
Revanx
sprinterka
montenegrina
internship
Mali
Klaus_B
elina
fonfon_4
Notturna
gt80
opperskip
jota
hipersons
Ossory
lulu
lostdog
gaza
natalita
joja
bea*
Returntigger
34 posters
Go down
PhyK

Phone call after pre-selection - Page 3 Empty Re: Phone call after pre-selection

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:20 pm
rea wrote:@PhyK

hi, yes, this sound simmilar to me and from what you say I think you're on the right track;) I don't really know which unit they called me from, the lady was really brief and didn't allow for many questions..

I'm just worried cause I have this other internhsip offer where I have to say next week if I accept or not, and there's no way I'm gonna here from the EC by that time..so some tough decision making here.

What do you think the potential EC traineeship is worth to employees compared to other internships? Hope it's not too much of a stupid question:)

@ Rea

I am surprised that she didn't allow questions.

As for your concern about which internship to choose, I think it does depends on what you want to focus on. Honestly, the name of EC is great and reputative. However, personally, what matter are the Unit and the work tasks you will be doing and whether they will further strengthen your skills to pursue your career objective.

I know it is a very tough decision especially you don't know which Unit you will be working for. What I suggest is to send an email to the lady who called you or to the HR Department of the DG in general.

I am also thinking if you just accept the offer of the other internship. Once you haven't signed the contract, you can still decline.

I hope we will hear from them next week. Finger crossed!!! Good luck!
lulu

Phone call after pre-selection - Page 3 Empty Re: Phone call after pre-selection

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 pm
rea wrote:@PhyK

hi, yes, this sound simmilar to me and from what you say I think you're on the right track;) I don't really know which unit they called me from, the lady was really brief and didn't allow for many questions..

I'm just worried cause I have this other internhsip offer where I have to say next week if I accept or not, and there's no way I'm gonna here from the EC by that time..so some tough decision making here.

What do you think the potential EC traineeship is worth to employees compared to other internships? Hope it's not too much of a stupid question:)

hi,
I am in a similar position. I passed the preselection for the EESC, and I send them an email telling them that I am not available any more, then I was selected at the EP, and I haven't done it yet but is more than 90% that I am going to refuse the offer. And finally I got a call from one of the DGs, my 3rd option...I said that if the EC will also accept me it will be imposible for me to refuse their offer because I believe I am playing with my luck.
Now...I decided to do the other intership that I have in a company based on the following:
-the one that I have in a company is exactly on what I want to do, financial analysis, and I will work independently, having real responsibilities and gaining experience in this field that I think will help me to find a job after that in the same area
-I could do the internship in EU insitutions next year but the other one is possible only as part of my studies
-I do believe that the tasks that I will have in the company will be more challenging and I will be given in the EP.
-and...I decided to choose the other internship (which is in Paris) even though my twin sister will be at the EP in Brussells...so it was from many many points of view a very dificult decision

Nevertheless...I said that if the commission will also accept me I would not refuse.Razz Rolling Eyes But at the same time...if we receive the answers in January it will be kind of too late.

All I cand advise you is to think at what you want to do after but also at the fact that an EU experience it is a plus to your CV. And finally I would say that I do hope that there is a second chance at EC, EP , EESC so, be positive Smile.
Good luck with your choice
Klaus_B

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:04 pm
Yeahoo! I received a verbal offer on friday (GD Sanco), saying that I am there candidate and that I should receive the offical offer in january by the traineeship office! Now I just hope nothing goes wrong, this call was a good sign/news Smile

@lulu

You already have an internship at a company, where you work on topics you like in a way you preferr - sounds to me like a perfect place to work! I would do that one and an internship at the EU some other time, especially because the traineeship at the company is only possible during your study (did I correctly unterstand you?)

Fingers crossed for you all Smile
lulu

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am
@ Klaus_B Yes you have correctly understood. I hope I did't do a mistake..I have just rejected the traineeship at the EP...It sucks Sad
flateric

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am
HELLO GUYS;
ANYONE HEARD FROM ECHO? they did not call me but I still keep some hope!
seaside

Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:02 pm
Congratulations to all who have heard from the Units Smile
I still haven't received a phone call... I was just wondering has anyone heard something from ELARG?
bea*

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
seaside wrote:Congratulations to all who have heard from the Units Smile
I still haven't received a phone call... I was just wondering has anyone heard something from ELARG?

Seaside, I have also applied for ELARG. what units did you contact (if you have done any lobbying)?
seaside

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 pm
I haven't really lobbied, I just sent an email to mark my interest to the address I found in the email, informing us we were pre-selcted. They just responded generally, with "thank you for your interest..." I have written a research on the EU Enlargement policy and I hoped the DG would be interested in me, but time goes by and I don't get the call...I try not to lose hope, as some of the previous trainees received their conformation emails after Christamas, but I know it depends on the unit...
hw

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 pm
Hello Everyone,

For those of you who have received calls from a few DGs, who in the unit reached out to you? Is it the trainee coordinator for the unit? Administrator..or program officer?

montenegrina

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 pm
They didn't say... They also don't mention the position in an e-mail, just name/surname, name of DG and unit, as well as address and phone #.
Petra_OntheRoad

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:04 pm
bea* wrote:Hi Marijo, I have no news from DEVCO at all, not even reading through the forum's posts therefore I think that they did not arrange any phone calls, is that possible? Anyone got a phone call or knows someone who did from EuropeAid - Devco?

I applied for Devco as well and no response whatsoever. That gives us hope. Smile
zyrte

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm
DEVCO is also my first option, no news yet.
But I'm not the most positive spirit in this forum Smile , so I don't know if that means hope or maybe that people who have already been contacted are not in this forum.
nives14

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 am
Hello

can you tell me in which language did you get interviewed on phone? is it in your mother tongue or in one of the source languages?
Thx
lucia_roman

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:57 pm
I was interviewed in English, not my mother tongue. And they might actually ask you some qustions to test your language skills in any language you might have mentioned in your application form.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum