Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eli

Enlargement DG; EuropAid; ECHO Empty Enlargement DG; EuropAid; ECHO

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 pm
Hello Guys!
First of all I would like to thank to those who came up with that brilliant idea and created this forum! You made our common suffering a bit more standable Smile. As all of you here I was preselected but have not been contacted by any of my prefered DG's yet. I would like to ask you if any of you heard something from Enlargement, ECHO or Europaid DG. Thanx for sharing and the best of luck to all of you! flower I love you
elister

Enlargement DG; EuropAid; ECHO Empty Re: Enlargement DG; EuropAid; ECHO

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:51 pm
OMG! My name is Eli (spelled like this) and I have the same 3 DGs as my choice:) check out topic 'lobbying- response from the DGs', gonna post there now.
Eli

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 pm
haha cool! What an accident. Hopefully people from the Commission like our name as well so they pick us both Very Happy

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 am
I applied to Europeaid and ELARG, too. Also lobbied there. Didn't get any replies so far, except for one unit in ELARG saying they are reviewing the applications now and will take mine into account.

Did anyone else hear back from ELARG?
Eli

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 am
I have not received any answer yet. Well to be honest the whole lobby issue is kind of weird. I guess I started sending my emails way too late... (just this week). I really thought it's actually forbidden - stupid me. On the other hand I dont find this approach correct. Seriously what else do we have to do in order to get that damn traineeship??? Im applying for a first time and honestly Im getting more and more disappointed... Sad Sorry for bothering you with my own frustration Smile Have a nice sunny day and hope the things will work for you guys!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 pm
Eli, don't worry, I completely understand. I also started sending out emails only beginning of this week. I have received only one reply and starting to get frustrated with the process. But maybe we'll hear from them next week and it will all turn out well :-) Until then, have a nice weekend!
Patricia

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:38 pm
Hello hello:)

I'm new here, just find out about this forum and about all this treasure hunt/lobbying.
Had no idea that you have to do lobbying!
I've got preselected but I only find out yesterday when looking in my spam box to see if the EC' answer maybe accidentally arrived there. And guess what?? It was there since the 9th of June. So I lost a week of eventual lobbying.

But I've received as well an email from EuropeAid with an internship offer and an interview proposal for next tuesday. Yupii! It is now that strarts all my confusion. What should I do ? Just reply and confirm my availability or send them as well cover letter, cv, etc, keeping in mind that all this information exists already in my application? I must emphasise as well that the DG that contacted me wasn't in my top 3 mentionend in my application file but I'm more than glad that they have selected me!

And now about the interview....What do you know about it? Have you already experienced in the last pre-selection session or in this one? I can imagine that they wanna check your english and french level, motivation for this particular division, etc....
anything else?
Teebs

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 pm
Patricia wrote:Hello hello:)

I'm new here, just find out about this forum and about all this treasure hunt/lobbying.
Had no idea that you have to do lobbying!
I've got preselected but I only find out yesterday when looking in my spam box to see if the EC' answer maybe accidentally arrived there. And guess what?? It was there since the 9th of June. So I lost a week of eventual lobbying.

But I've received as well an email from EuropeAid with an internship offer and an interview proposal for next tuesday. Yupii! It is now that strarts all my confusion. What should I do ? Just reply and confirm my availability or send them as well cover letter, cv, etc, keeping in mind that all this information exists already in my application? I must emphasise as well that the DG that contacted me wasn't in my top 3 mentionend in my application file but I'm more than glad that they have selected me!

I'd have thought you'd be fine just telling them your availability. The point of sending them CVs and cover letters is to bring your application to their attention. If they've already decided they want to interview you then they'll probably just find you sending them that irritating.

And now about the interview....What do you know about it? Have you already experienced in the last pre-selection session or in this one? I can imagine that they wanna check your english and french level, motivation for this particular division, etc....
anything else?

No idea on this topic I'm afraid since I have had no phone calls.
Patricia

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:39 pm
Thank you for your reply...
I'll have the interview tomorrow, hope it will be ok..

Good look!
Rachel

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:33 am
Particia, congratulations on being contacted by Europeaid.
Can I ask you which unit of Europeaid it was? They were my number 1 choice. I even emailed a few units just to ask if they were taking stagiares, but no replies except from one unit saying they weren't taking interns this October..!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:35 am
I got a call from DG ELARG yesterday. It lasted only around 5 mins and they asked me about my general motivation in English and my mother tongue. Anyone else got a call?
Eli

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 pm
Hey guys,

I received this email few day ago, saying:

We are in the process of making a short-list of candidates we plan to interview at the middle of next week. Where can we possibly reach you next week to possibly fix an appointment?

It is from DG ELARG. No idea what it means but anyways at least something right? Smile

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm
Yes, it's something Smile Could you tell me which unit it is? The unit that contacted me, didn't let us know about the interviews before. They just called their short-list..
Eli

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:47 pm
The Unit is C4. Which Unit contacted you? And Can I also ask where are you from? haha this sounds like we would be on some kind of online dating website Very Happy Thanx!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:59 pm
Eli, my unit was B3 - they told me they accept one stagiarie for the next term. Also lobbied at A1, but didn't hear back from them. I am from Germany. And you? Any news from Europeaid?
Eli

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 pm
No news from Europeaid. I dont mind so much as I really wanna get to DG ELARG. But Im losing all my hopes Sad. I am from Slovakia. The Unit C4 is the only one that has contacted me so far. Seriosuly I don't think I will get throguh this year. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Smile. Good luck!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 pm
Don't give up! DG ELARG is my favourite, too, and I also have been contacted by only one unit. Who knows, maybe we'll still meet in Brussels this fall! Fingers crossed for you too :-)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:54 pm
Did anyone hear from DG ELARG again? I am nervous because I haven't heard back from them since the telephone interview..
Eli

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:02 pm
Nope, nothing Sad
ilinutza

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 pm
Europeaid anyone?
taonancy

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:02 am
ilinutza wrote:Europeaid anyone?

no news
Eli

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 am
In my opinion nobody will come back to us this week. We simply have to wait till 1st of July.
taonancy

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:14 pm
Eli wrote:In my opinion nobody will come back to us this week. We simply have to wait till 1st of July.

almost
lill
lill

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 pm
what do you mean by almost?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Guys, I'm in. DG ELARG, Unit B.3. Anyone else in ELARG?
tomaszkulawik

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:23 pm
Any news from ECHO or DEVCO?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum