Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
julx

What should I expect from the traineeship? Empty What should I expect from the traineeship?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:51 am
Hello everybody! Does anyone from you can tell me what should I expect from the traineeship? What is it about in terms of my everyday life: making coffee and copying piles of paper or something more interesting?
Lucas
Lucas

What should I expect from the traineeship? Empty Re: What should I expect from the traineeship?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 pm
Meet dozens of people in evenig, drinking stouts and ales...can anyone add sth more Smile we can prepare full list then Wink

Cheers m8,
Lu
julx

What should I expect from the traineeship? Empty Re: What should I expect from the traineeship?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 am
Thanks, Lucas! But what about "gaining excellent experience for the future job"? Actually, it would be nice to compile a list of "doings"
Tenkre

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 pm
Well, EC traineeship is certainly an excellent reference! Besides, AFAIK, most trainees do research on the web, compile and summarize reports, press clipping, so, you can expect that kind of stuff. Smile
julx

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:26 pm
It sounds much better. Is there any difference between traineeship in different departments?
Tenkre

Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:36 am
julx wrote:It sounds much better. Is there any difference between traineeship in different departments?

Well, as far as I heard, essentially no. You'll basically do auxiliary work wherever you go, just the topics you might deal with could be different.
Theresia_N

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm
I have just started as a trainee now in October, and the work is great, I get to review project applications go to fancy meetings and so forth. Much more responsibility than I had imagined. I guess some people just go here to have some nice lines in their CV, but you they write a judgement about you as you go, and you better get a good one. There is time for partying for sure but the main thing should be the interest in the unit/work.

At least in my opinion.....
anna17

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm

so great to have your feedback!This is actually what I am personally looking for.Which DG are you in, Theresia?I' applied for March traineeship, still do not know when it's the right time for lobbying or at least to let people I know from the EC that I applied for their DGs.
Many thanks to Aneena for creating this forum!

Theresia_N wrote:I have just started as a trainee now in October, and the work is great, I get to review project applications go to fancy meetings and so forth. Much more responsibility than I had imagined. I guess some people just go here to have some nice lines in their CV, but you they write a judgement about you as you go, and you better get a good one. There is time for partying for sure but the main thing should be the interest in the unit/work.

At least in my opinion.....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum