Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter from the Commission

+14
Callie
Ginger
desesperada
geewiz
lalandia
Jeannek
alicia
Katia
Lolo
Frenchie
SisBliss
ciprianb
rroxx_snd
gaia
18 posters
Go down
gaia

Letter from the Commission Empty Letter from the Commission

Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:43 pm
Hi, I was reading the "letter from the Commission" topic on the October 2009 section of this forum.
It seems that letters were sent by post at the time.

The selection e-mail I received on June 28th said "You will soon receive the detailed offer as well as practical information about your place of recruitment per email."

Have they started to send them by e-mail now?
I'd like to know because I won't be home since July 16th to July 25th and I don't want to miss it geek

If you know something please share the info. Thanks!
rroxx_snd

Letter from the Commission Empty Re: Letter from the Commission

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm
Hi,
No news yet...
ciprianb

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 pm
No news either! I'll keep you guys posted.
SisBliss

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 am
I got the official confirmation today! Fingers crossed for all Smile
Frenchie
Frenchie

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

Got it as well! Lots of documents to fill, print and send...

For those who asked: they sent it by EMAIL and not by post.

See you in October! Smile

-Frenchie
Lolo

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 am
hiya!

I've also just got it via e-mail! Smile Fingers crossed that you all also get them today!

c u in October!

-Lolo-
Katia

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:00 am
Hi!

I've also got it:) Have you noticed we are starting on the 4th of October? Niiicee:)

See you soon!
ciprianb

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am
I got it too! See you at the official reception. I see they also include a travel allowance for those of more than 50kms away from Bruxelles. Make sure you keep your tickets/gas receipts Smile.
gaia

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm
Mine has arrived too... but my starting day is October 5th (in Madou).
Does any of you start on that day too?
Deadline for acceptance is July 29th, so enought time to go through all the paperwork.
See you there Very Happy
alicia

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 pm
Got it too, email seems to be the way!

@gaia: I'm starting on the 5th at Madou as well! What's your DG? I'm in INFSO...

And, does anybody know if the place where we will start is the place where the whole traineeship will take place? I was just wondering...in terms of finding accommodation close by.

See you guys in October then!
Frenchie
Frenchie

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:14 pm
alicia wrote:Got it too, email seems to be the way!
@gaia: I'm starting on the 5th at Madou as well! What's your DG? I'm in INFSO...
And, does anybody know if the place where we will start is the place where the whole traineeship will take place? I was just wondering...in terms of finding accommodation close by.
See you guys in October then!

Alicia: the welcoming is at Madou (here on the map) close to the city centre. If you're in INFSO, your internship will be in Beaulieu (here on the map), so you should look for accommodation in the Beaulieu area, close to where you'll work.
Unless of course you want to stay in the centre where all city life / parties / cultural events take place, but in this case be sure to live near a Metro station so that you don't take too much time going to your work (Metro line 5 is the line for you).
Hope this helps!

alicia

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:20 pm
Thanks frenchie Smile!

Beaulieu is kinda far away, that's why (for a second) I got really happy today when I saw that it was in Madou. Anyway, it's good to know in advance that this it only for the welcome event! Thanks again!
SisBliss

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:48 pm
I begin on 5 October too Smile And will be a trainee for DG ENVirinment, which is also at Beaulieu! See u all very soon, greets from Brussels Smile
Jeannek

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:34 pm
Hi everyone.

I got the e-mail, too and I will also start at Madou on Oct 5. How do you guys know where your DGs and services are??? I am at DG EAC and I have no idea where this one is. Anybody knows??
alicia

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 pm
Hi Jeannek!

Take a look at that: http://ec.europa.eu/oib/buildings_en.cfm

It looks like all the DGs are close to Schumman except from INFSO, ECFIN and ENV, which are located in Beaulieu.

Hope it helps!
Jeannek

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm
Alicia: Thanks a lot. It looks like I will stay at Madou :-)
lalandia

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:43 pm
Hey there!

I got my offer yesterday too.
I will start at Madou on 5th October at 8:30AM.

I know it's extremly early for that kind of arrangments but anyway it would be great to drink Belgian beer with you after the official part Smile
SisBliss

Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:45 pm
Totally up for the after official beer-part Smile Looking forward to see you all on the 5/10...
Good luck with the administrative things Smile
Frenchie
Frenchie

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Big yesssss for the beer on the 5th!!

Have you noticed that some people start on the 4th, others on the 5th? Have they separated the stagiaires into 2 groups or what?
gaia

Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:30 pm
@alicia - I'll be in Relex.

@Frenchie: since you seem to know Brussels quite well, could you tell me if Parc du Cinquantenaire is close to the Relex building and if it is a nice neighbourhood? Thanks

To all of you: a beer after the official welcome seems an excellent programme to me...but how will we find each other? We should choose a spot or some kind of sign to recognize each other Wink
Frenchie
Frenchie

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:11 pm
gaia wrote:@alicia - I'll be in Relex.

@Frenchie: since you seem to know Brussels quite well, could you tell me if Parc du Cinquantenaire is close to the Relex building and if it is a nice neighbourhood? Thanks

To all of you: a beer after the official welcome seems an excellent programme to me...but how will we find each other? We should choose a spot or some kind of sign to recognize each other Wink

Gaia: Parc du Cinquantenaire is a big park near Schuman, where the main buildings of the Commission are - with "main buildings" I mean Berlaymont, and Charlemagne where most of RELEX units are located. So the park is indeed very close to Relex. All the streets around the park are very nice and rather quiet so I guess it's what you can call a nice neighbourhood - it's a little bit pricier though.
To the north-west of the Parc du Cinquantenaire, you have very nice areas such as Ambiorix and Square Marie-Louise - I worked there for 6 months so I can only recommend it. To the east of the Parc you find Mérode and Montgomery which are very nice spots as well - a lot of my friends live there and they like it but it's a bit further from the city centre.
I don't recommend living further east than Montgomery as it is too far away from everything else, and very badly connected by public transportation (unless you have a car of course). There you have neighbourhoods such as Woluwé-Saint-Pierre and Woluwé-Saint-Lambert, they are very posh and nice but a lot more expensive.

Anyway, here's my 2 cents - I hope this helps. If you're a bit lost among the "communes" in Brussels, here is a map: http://www.ilotsacre.be/site/gemeenten19communes.htm
geewiz

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 pm
I haven't got any reply so far, not positive, not negative.

It's already the 19th.

Is it a good or a bad sign? Razz
desesperada

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 pm
Hi all!

One short question regarding the deadline: How do you interpret it?

Does it mean the trainee office must receive the confirmed offer before or on 29th?
Or does it mean we have to send it before or on the 29th so that the postmark counts?
gaia

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:45 pm
@ Frenchie
Thanks a lot for the info!
Ginger

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Hi!
Also, to clarify - in the document it was stated that we should send the documents (acceptance form etc.) as scanned copies via e-mail or as originals via regular mail. How do majority of you send - via email or in paper? Seemed that easier and quicker is sending them by email, but then again i wonder - does EC really do not need the originals?
desesperada

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:05 pm
@ Ginger: I will send it as scanned copies because otherwise I won't meet the deadline.
But I was also wondering whether the scanned version is enough for the EC.
Ginger

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm
I e-mailed my docs yesterday and a couple minutes ago I received a confirmation e-mail:
"Dear Sir or Madam,

This message confirms receipt of your signed acceptance form for the training period starting 1 October 2010. If you have any question about the traineeship, you can contact the person mentioned at the top of this message."

Indeed, EC does not need the originals in paper! Smile
Frenchie
Frenchie

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:41 pm
I sent the documents by post, but I guess if they wrote that you can send them by e-mail, you can send them by e-mail.
If you think you're gonna be late for the deadline, just send an e-mail to the traineeship's office saying that your documents will arrive later than the 29th but that you accept the traineeship, and come up with a lame excuse to justify your situation ("there was a strike in my post office" or "my pet rabbit ate my medical insurance form" etc.)
Callie

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:28 pm
Hello everybody!

Have any of you emailed the EAC-STAGES....email and got a response? I sent off an email with a query two days ago and I have yet to get a reply so I'm starting to get anxious!

Thanks,

Callie
Frenchie
Frenchie

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:59 pm
Callie wrote:Hello everybody!

Have any of you emailed the EAC-STAGES....email and got a response? I sent off an email with a query two days ago and I have yet to get a reply so I'm starting to get anxious!

Thanks,

Callie

Callie, yesterday (21 July) was National Holiday in Belgium (Fête Nationale de Belgique). The Commission (and the Traineeship's Office) was closed.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum