Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP traineeship October 2019

+25
translatora
Warren2020
TheTideIsHigh
Cream Damsel
robclem102
SMT
Lucía G26
Sir Humphrey
nedo
sy lee
lana_croatia
spicyhb
Webbrowser
Claudiacamme
Catarina
Daniele0
C123
trainee148
Tess
dani.cic
blithespirit
JelenaSara
antgis
evagm
viavidavia
29 posters
Go down
Lucía G26

EP traineeship October 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: EP traineeship October 2019

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:29 am
I was shortlisted for the EU visitors programme unit. There are any other who was shortlisted for the same office? Do you know how many people were shortlisted for each unit? If someone have received an official offer, please let us know.
SMT

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Hello everyone,

I was shortlisted for a position. However, I have yet to hear back. Has anyone received a formal offer?

Thanks.
Webbrowser

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 am
Hey all.

I received a formal offer about a week ago. Just to let everybody know that the first round is probably over.
Sir Humphrey

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:11 am
From which DG did you receive an offer?
nedo

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 am
Aren't we supposed to be told if we were rejected? I mean I think they will let us know if we are not selected.
Is there anyone who was rejected and didn't receive any email about that?
lana_croatia

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Has anyone been sent an offer for EU Enlargement Policy?
blithespirit

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 pm
Hi everyone,

Had a problem with one of my documents which thankfully got sorted, so I received an official offer this morning for a traineeship in Luxembourg Smile
Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and anyone else heading to Luxembourg this October, please say hi! Very Happy
nedo

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 pm
blithespirit wrote:Hi everyone,

Had a problem with one of my documents which thankfully got sorted, so I received an official offer this morning for a traineeship in Luxembourg Smile
Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and anyone else heading to Luxembourg this October, please say hi! Very Happy

Happy for you, congratulations!! Did they let you know that there was a problem with the documents?
blithespirit

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:34 pm
nedo wrote:
blithespirit wrote:Hi everyone,

Happy for you, congratulations!! Did they let you know that there was a problem with the documents?

Thanks! Very Happy Yes indeed they did, and they allowed me time to submit a more suitable one Smile So I am very lucky
robclem102

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:45 pm
So can we presume if we have not been contacted by tomorrow (deadline for documents), it is unlikely we are the top shortlisted candidate?
nedo

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:07 pm
robclem102 wrote:So can we presume if we have not been contacted by tomorrow (deadline for documents), it is unlikely we are the top shortlisted candidate?
I'm not sure, here only couple of people said that they got the offer. I wish we could hear more, so we would have more accurate idea about the situation.
SMT

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:24 pm
I'd really like to know more about the shortlisting/offer process. How many people do they shortlist per position? Who has the final say? ... I mean why notify us of being shortlisted if the process is opaque. If someone was offered a traineeship for a certain position, would it not be logical to simultaneously send out rejection letters to those shortlisted for the position and were unsuccessful? So many question marks tbh. As a matter of fact, has any received a rejection letter?

blithespirit

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:14 pm
SMT wrote:I'd really like to know more about the shortlisting/offer process. How many people do they shortlist per position? Who has the final say? ... I mean why notify us of being shortlisted if the process is opaque. If someone was offered a traineeship for a certain position, would it not be logical to simultaneously send out rejection letters to those shortlisted for the position and were unsuccessful? So many question marks tbh. As a matter of fact, has any received a rejection letter?

I agree with you, it would be better if the shortlisting process was more transparent. Even if they emailed people and made it clear to them that they were on the reserve list, that would at least cut out some of the uncertainty :/

I assume that they don't email rejections to those who are on the reserve list, but they also have to wait until those offered places accept or decline....Hard to determine whether the August 15th deadline is for those offered places in the first round, in which case they will move on to the others in the list if some people decline the traineeship, or if the 15th marks the end of the entire process altogether.

Here's hoping everyone hears back in one way or another soon and the uncertainty is cleared up!
nedo

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:47 pm
blithespirit wrote:
SMT wrote:I'd really like to know more about the shortlisting/offer process. How many people do they shortlist per position? Who has the final say? ... I mean why notify us of being shortlisted if the process is opaque. If someone was offered a traineeship for a certain position, would it not be logical to simultaneously send out rejection letters to those shortlisted for the position and were unsuccessful? So many question marks tbh. As a matter of fact, has any received a rejection letter?

I agree with you, it would be better if the shortlisting process was more transparent. Even if they emailed people and made it clear to them that they were on the reserve list, that would at least cut out some of the uncertainty :/

I assume that they don't email rejections to those who are on the reserve list, but they also have to wait until those offered places accept or decline....Hard to determine whether the August 15th deadline is for those offered places in the first round, in which case they will move on to the others in the list if some people decline the traineeship, or if the 15th marks the end of the entire process altogether.

Here's hoping everyone hears back in one way or another soon and the uncertainty is cleared up!

15th of August is the deadline for uploading the documents. Deadline for the selection process is the 15th of September, which includes both the first round and the reserve list.

I would follow such logic: If the 15th marks the deadline for those who were offered the place in the first round, they are taking a huge risk of not having any intern at all. They need some time to check the documents and send offer, and receive an answer within 3 days. If the first round pick doesnčt upload his documents properly or if he doesn't upload anything at all, they may end up not having any reserve candidate if there's not any. I hope it makes sense.

Of course this doesn't give us any clue about the process, but at least we can presume that they evaluate the candidates any time at any point. I don't know; I am open for any ideas at this point.
spicyhb
spicyhb

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:48 pm
Hi guys! I got shortlisted on 1st of August, uploaded my documents on 3rd of August and received official offer on 6th of August.

I got an offer from DG for Communication at one of the Liaison Office. As per the Liasion Office I was told they pick only 1 trainee. I am about to start working on 1st of September and that is probably why my offer came back so soon.

Sent from Topic'it App
nedo

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:02 pm
spicyhb wrote:Hi guys! I got shortlisted on 1st of August, uploaded my documents on 3rd of August and received official offer on 6th of August.

I got an offer from DG for Communication at one of the Liaison Office. As per the Liasion Office I was told they pick only 1 trainee. I am about to start working on 1st of September and that is probably why my offer came back so soon.

Sent from Topic'it App

Congratulations! Thank you for letting us know, you have no idea how much we appreciate it. lol

1st of September is quite early, hope you can manage everything. Good luck!
blithespirit

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 am
spicyhb wrote:Hi guys! I got shortlisted on 1st of August, uploaded my documents on 3rd of August and received official offer on 6th of August.

Sent from Topic'it App
Congratulations and best of luck!☘
Webbrowser

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:06 pm
Hey guys! Just wondering if anybody has received the actual traineeship agreement? 😄 Many of us have received and accepted the offer, but i still haven’t received the actual traineeship agreement which seems strange to me 😬🤔
sy lee

EP traineeship October 2019 - Page 2 Empty Traineeship agreement

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:07 am
Hi, I have it because I am a non EU and I need those documents to apply for visa. According to the previous trainee I asked, if you don't ask for the documents u will only receive the admission email Very Happy
Cream Damsel

Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 pm
Hi Guys,
Anyone here shortlisted for the SG Project Management Office?
Catarina

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:55 pm
Hi guys,

Anyone here has been shortlisted/offered a place at DG Personnel - Schooling Allowances Campaign or at DG Finance - Member's travel and subsistence expenses, both in Luxembourg?
TheTideIsHigh

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:55 am
Does anyone know that if all "first round" offers have been already made? I'm starting to think I'm on the waiting list because I was shortlisted on August 1st and submited my documents on August 9th but so far nothing.

Warren2020

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 am
Hi everyone,

I followed the thread for a while, and now I thought I'd share the infos I have with you.
I was lucky enough to have the chance to speak to the trainee currently holding the position I've been shortlisted for (he started March 2019). I asked about the selection process; he said he received the offer email exactly three weeks after having been shortlisted. Judging from his previous experience, he seems like a top candidate to me. But also, the DG where he worked employs several trainees, so I guess there's more room to be selected.

One thing I've been looking out for is people on social media posting "I was accepted for a traineeship in Brussels!" - mainly on twitter and linkedin, since they're 'public'. I have not seen much, which gives me hope the selection is still ongoing.

For those who will be selected in the end, please don't forget this period of waiting and wondering, and give some feedback to the hiring department. I guess many of us don't live in Brussels/Luxembourg, and each selected trainee should be given enough time to look for a flat, move, and figure out the usual administrative stuff. To be selected in early September (as some people have, according to past discussions in this forum), would stress the hell out of me.
nedo

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm
Warren2020 wrote:Hi everyone,

I followed the thread for a while, and now I thought I'd share the infos I have with you.
I was lucky enough to have the chance to speak to the trainee currently holding the position I've been shortlisted for (he started March 2019). I asked about the selection process; he said he received the offer email exactly three weeks after having been shortlisted. Judging from his previous experience, he seems like a top candidate to me. But also, the DG where he worked employs several trainees, so I guess there's more room to be selected.

One thing I've been looking out for is people on social media posting "I was accepted for a traineeship in Brussels!" - mainly on twitter and linkedin, since they're 'public'. I have not seen much, which gives me hope the selection is still ongoing.

For those who will be selected in the end, please don't forget this period of waiting and wondering, and give some feedback to the hiring department. I guess many of us don't live in Brussels/Luxembourg, and each selected trainee should be given enough time to look for a flat, move, and figure out the usual administrative stuff. To be selected in early September (as some people have, according to past discussions in this forum), would stress the hell out of me.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I totally agree with giving feedback about his waiting period. It would be much better if we had a chance to give feedback now, before or without receiving the offer. This process is designed only in favour of the offices and the candidates are suffering it. All these things are only to make sure that each DG receives enough trainee, which puts all the pressure on the shortlisted candidates. I cannot imagine how many of us were unable to make a longterm plan because of this vague waiting period.

We can actually write a joint letter and send it individually to the commission or somewhere else. I believe it would make an impact, at least for the people that will have to wait here like us. What do you say?

Warren2020

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:04 pm
I'm all for it!
nedo

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:13 pm
Warren2020 wrote:I'm all for it!

Perfect! Hope there are more to join us. Maybe they have better ideas. Let's wait for a week an see.
translatora

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 pm
Got admitted for DG Translation Smile Anyone up for looking accommodation in Lux together? PM me.
C123

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Hey! I just wanted to ask, do you know if anyone already received a rejection letter after being shortlisted?
nedo

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:52 pm
C123 wrote:
Hey! I just wanted to ask, do you know if anyone already received a rejection letter after being shortlisted?

Hi,
Unfortunately, you don't know. This is why most of us are not happy with the process. They don't even change the 'ongoing' status of your application to 'rejected'.
Warren2020

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:02 pm
I assume we'll be kept on the waiting list as long as possible, so the DGs always have a pool of candidates they can pick from. Technically, the shortlist is done until September 15....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum