Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP traineeship October 2018

+24
kozik009
Rikis
Roxxie
Clari
tobko
laura_m_
claire.91
Wolfender
GVGHS
ricpanella
Mpota
nilu
Stageir
grazia.grazia
max_7
EvelinH
ma_19
Pessego
natv
kovt
Mone
Luluu
28 posters
Go down
grazia.grazia

EP traineeship October 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: EP traineeship October 2018

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:21 am
nilu wrote:
grazia.grazia wrote:Guys!! I received an offer yesterday around 5 p.m. !!! I am so happy Very Happy
Do you know if for accepting I just need to reply to that email I received? Is that enough? I simply replied that I accepted and I atteched a copy of my criminal record.

Good luck to everybody, I really hope to see you all in Brussels.

Congratulations!

Can I ask when you submitted your documents?

Sure! I sent them on Monday morning
Pessego

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:28 am
grazia.grazia wrote:Guys!! I received an offer yesterday around 5 p.m. !!! I am so happy Very Happy
Do you know if for accepting I just need to reply to that email I received? Is that enough? I simply replied that I accepted and I atteched a copy of my criminal record.

Congrats! May I ask which DG you received an offer from?
grazia.grazia

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 am
Pessego wrote:

Congrats! May I ask which DG you received an offer from?

From the DG for Security
EvelinH

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 am

Well done!! cheers I'm still waiting, hopefully I will hear something this week! :/
nilu

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 am
grazia.grazia wrote:
nilu wrote:

Congratulations!

Okay, I sent mine yesterday afternoon so hopefully I get a response soon!
Can I ask if you are currently completing a masters and if so, did you upload any evidence of this or did you just submit your first diploma?

Sorry for all the questions!
grazia.grazia

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm
nilu wrote:
grazia.grazia wrote:
nilu wrote:

Congratulations!

Okay, I sent mine yesterday afternoon so hopefully I get a response soon!
Can I ask if you are currently completing a masters and if so, did you upload any evidence of this or did you just submit your first diploma?

Sorry for all the questions!

Yes sure, no problem at all! I've already finished my master's so I've sent them both diplomas.
natv

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:46 pm
nilu wrote:
natv wrote:No offers yet, and I sent just my BA diploma, not the enrollment for the MA, I hope that's okay.
So stressful! Rolling Eyes

Yes me too, hopefully it's okay!

And stressful indeed... Crying or Very sad

I read in the "Frequently asked questions" document (from one of the previous sessions) that if you havent't yet received your MA diploma you should just send your BA!
natv

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Congratulations!! Very Happy
From what I've read from previous forums it's okay to only reply by email and they will contact you later.
grazia.grazia

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 pm
natv wrote:

From what I've read from previous forums it's okay to only reply by email and they will contact you later.

Thank youuu!!
Well, I've accepted and they replied:

"We have received all the requested documents and your file is now complete.
In September you will receive a program of the Welcome Days with the detailed agenda.
Please remember to read carefully all the information on: What to do before you arrive website.
We look forward to meeting you in October."

But shouldn't they send also an admission letter to be signed?
natv

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 pm
grazia.grazia wrote:
natv wrote:

Thank youuu!!

In September you will receive a program of the Welcome Days with the detailed agenda.
Please remember to read carefully all the information on: What to do before you arrive website.

Maybe try asking them by email? Smile
grazia.grazia

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 am
natv wrote:
grazia.grazia wrote:
natv wrote:

Thank youuu!!

Maybe try asking them by email? Smile

Yeah I did it yesterday. This year there's no admission letter, the acceptance by email is enough.

Good luck again guys!
Mpota

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 pm
Did anyone of you receive an offer except grazia?
EvelinH

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:49 pm
Mpota wrote:Did anyone of you receive an offer except grazia?
Nothing...I have sent the docs last Friday, so I'm getting really nervous Sad
Mpota

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm
Still nothing? I am getting nervous
max_7

Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:06 pm
Hi guys, I too got my offer letter a few hours back. Will be posted in Brussels! Those who have submitted the documents and haven't got the offer, please stay hopeful. Last year few people got them as late as end of July.
To those who will be working at Brussels, let's connect. Smile
Pessego

Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm
max_7 wrote:Hi guys, I too got my offer letter a few hours back. Will be posted in Brussels! Those who have submitted the documents and haven't got the offer, please stay hopeful. Last year few people got them as late as end of July.
To those who will be working at Brussels, let's connect. Smile

Thanks for letting us know, and congrats! May I ask which department you received an offer from?
ricpanella

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:08 am
Are we supposed to get at least an email stating that the documents have arrived? I sent them to the email they gave us but haven't got any confirmation.
max_7

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi, I got an offer from DG Finance. Can someone please tell me what exactly constitutes of "scanned copy of criminal records"? I have no offence against my name and in my country there is no direct provision of any such certificate if your name is clear.
natv

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:20 pm
max_7 wrote:Hi, I got an offer from DG Finance. Can someone please tell me what exactly constitutes of "scanned copy of criminal records"? I have no offence against my name and in my country there is no direct provision of any such certificate if your name is clear.

You may have to ask the services in your country because it's different everywhere. But normally they give you a proof of no criminal record in your name. Hope that helps!

ricpanella wrote:Are we supposed to get at least an email stating that the documents have arrived? I sent them to the email they gave us but haven't got any confirmation.

I don't think we're supposed to receive a confirmation, because they must be overwhelmed. At least I've never heard of anyone receiving one.
GVGHS

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Hey y'all! I have also been shortlisted and sent all the documents last Thursday, fingers crossed for the selection! If I understood correctly both the first choices and the reserve list people got the same "shortlisted" email right?
Regarding the "scanned copy of criminal records" I had to produce it for another internship and it entails that you have to go to your local Public prosecutor's office and request a certificate that you have no criminal proceedings against you. Depending on the country and the city, it might sometimes take weeks or months - so the sooner you do it the better it is.
Wolfender

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 am
Hi Guys! Just for your information, I just received an offer from DG EXPO, about 5 days after I sent all my diploma. I know that when I made the interview in June, I was told that we were about 5 people to make the interview for the same traineeship. But I don't know how many were finally "shortlisted" for the unit.

Good luck to everyone and see you in October!
Mpota

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 pm
One question, as I understand all of the people who received an offer ,they have applied for position in Brussels. Is anyone that applied for offices in European capitals. Does anyone know what is the procedure for this kind of applications
ricpanella

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:14 pm
Has everyone got a reply? I haven't heard anything from them since I sent my documents last Monday
claire.91

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:45 pm
Anyone here that applied for the journalism option? I was shortlisted too but I haven't received an offer yet, I'm getting so nervous  Neutral
laura_m_
laura_m_

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:43 pm
For those of you who were shortlisted, was it for a position in the Secretariat of the European Parliament or elsewhere?

Thanks!
Wolfender

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm
For the Secretariat!
laura_m_
laura_m_

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:08 pm
Wolfender wrote:For the Secretariat!

Oh okay! What date did you send off all of the required documents?
EvelinH

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:39 pm
I've sent my docs on the 13th, so it's 2 weeks now...I'm pretty much loosing hope here. I put down Fundamental rights and citizenship / Constitutional affairs
& Culture / Education with Brussels and Paris. I just hope they are just slow and I'm not on waiting list. Sad
laura_m_
laura_m_

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 pm
Yeah I sent my documents off on 13th also, but looking back at past forums from previous years, some people weren't offered a place until the beginning of August. There's still hope!
EvelinH

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 pm
laura_m_ wrote:Yeah I sent my documents off on 13th also, but looking back at past forums from previous years, some people weren't offered a place until the beginning of August. There's still hope!

Ah, okay! I'm hoping for the best then Smile What did you put down as preferences?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum