Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EC Traineeship March 2018

+91
WeReAllInThisTogether
kovt
Nat_nat
Karllst44
alex4us
OleSea
a.kuba
jtrindade
Guido94
chanipie
Hanna Montana
trajkovski23
Alexofeurope
anxious applicant
Nicpapac
charlieh
gabi
Ba_beach
kgzs
Luciasb
Yrokep
Regulation5
ptheo
waitingyes
lilkd
Julita
Marrow
Inferio
Nejck
giogio
Imogen
tomas333
jazz
nadine91
lei
MiguelB
Kakiedo_
zdr123
freddiem
lili
Andrea12
kateq15
felvgs
ELV
maria12@
jesss139
lavil
vitSvit
yogiyo
DanielaT93
ehoward
Ale__Ma
EuroIntern
ireland93
clmclara
deepblue91
stefani90
KL01
VerAnt
epa
dekey
brrrknstock
GrVT
hugoferram
b474
mp999
l.one
oldy
ACC
lesley77
hl5
boradoli
Rina54
LM8
s_i_f
Nevermind91
bliebla
luduf
Lisa93
nomedellarosa
Efi
5kova
beamendes95
Sante
ds19
jddcorte
Kristina M.
dilyanai
gerda666
andreeamaria
rzvr
95 posters
Go down
hl5

EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 pm
Lisa93 let us know, if you get an answer!
Kakiedo_

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 am
Hi everyone,

Back in August when I applied to the Traineeship, I realized I made a mistake on the dates of one of my work experiences listed. I emailed the stages staff and they advised me to make a note of that once I was preselected for the bluebook stage. So I have been preselected, and I asked if there were specific ways of making a correction through a "note" and they replied very vaguely.

My advice: make a page at the beginning of your document of all the certificates, diplomas etc.. with a list of all the documents you are providing (e.g. -A copy of my bachelor's degree at ___ university, years) and make a footnote (or * next to the document you wish to correct) and then offer a simple explanation like "on my original application I listed 23/09/2015 - this information is incorrect. And then the correct date"

Im not 100% this will work, but its better than a lousy note or bombarding the staff with emails, because they are not going to do it for you.

Hope this helps!
gerda666

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:44 am
Kakiedo_ wrote:Hi everyone,

Back in August when I applied to the Traineeship, I realized I made a mistake on the dates of one of my work experiences listed. I emailed the stages staff and they advised me to make a note of that once I was preselected for the bluebook stage. So I have been preselected, and I asked if there were specific ways of making a correction through a "note" and they replied very vaguely.

My advice: make a page at the beginning of your document of all the certificates, diplomas etc.. with a list of all the documents you are providing (e.g. -A copy of my bachelor's degree at ___ university, years) and make a footnote (or * next to the document you wish to correct) and then offer a simple explanation like "on my original application I listed 23/09/2015 - this information is incorrect. And then the correct date"

Im not 100% this will work, but its better than a lousy note or bombarding the staff with emails, because they are not going to do it for you.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this information with us. It is very valuable! God bless you! However, I am curious what are they going to respond to Lisa93.
dekey

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 am
Kakiedo_ wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope this helps!

This is exactly what I did. After the certificate I added a white paper clarifying the exact dates Wink
nomedellarosa

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:25 pm
Guys,

Let's keep us updated on the day we (hopefully) receive confirmation of the insertion in the blue book.

Let's keep our fingers crossed bounce
Lisa93

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm
Hey, I unfortunately did not get an answer yet.. So I'll probably just try to explain everything as well as I can, following the tip from Kakiedo_ to make a page at the beginning explaining what the documents for every section are.. Maybe I will still get a reply on Monday (before noon..) and otherwise I will have something to submit. Will still let you guys know if I receive something!
oldy

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:21 pm
Hi all,

Just checked the number of applications:
Total 10230
Nationals of the EU 6369
Non-EU Nationals 3861

For non-EU applicants (like me) it looks especially promising  Rolling Eyes

Wondering how many dropped out already...
oldy

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:26 pm
Lisa93 wrote:Hey, I unfortunately did not get an answer yet.. So I'll probably just try to explain everything as well as I can, following the tip from Kakiedo_ to make a page at the beginning explaining what the documents for every section are.. Maybe I will still get a reply on Monday (before noon..) and otherwise I will have something to submit. Will still let you guys know if I receive something!

Hi,
You still have time until 12.00 Brussels time on 21.11 - it's Tuesday, so the whole working day before 21.11.
Lisa93

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 pm
oldy wrote:
Lisa93 wrote:Hey, I unfortunately did not get an answer yet.. So I'll probably just try to explain everything as well as I can, following the tip from Kakiedo_ to make a page at the beginning explaining what the documents for every section are.. Maybe I will still get a reply on Monday (before noon..) and otherwise I will have something to submit. Will still let you guys know if I receive something!

Hi,
You still have time until 12.00 Brussels time on 21.11 - it's Tuesday, so the whole working day before 21.11.

Oh thanks, that is good to know! I was confused because (I think by mistake) it says on the page that we should hand in everything by '(Monday) 21 November 2017 - deadline 12.00 midday'.
oldy

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm
Lisa93, indeed it was - was confused either, but if you open the message once now, they corrected it, now it says:
14 November and 21 November 2017 – deadline 12.00 midday.

They obviously made a mistake at the very beginning and corrected it later. And these people ask from trainees to send them the documents that are 100% accurate, haha))
luduf

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 pm
Hey guys,

I am real confused right now, I'd be glad if you could help me with this! Monday 13 I received an email saying this :

"Dear candidate,
This is to inform you that a new message has been published in your personal account concerning your application for a traineeship at the European Commission. Please access your personal account to read the new message and to follow any instructions contained."

I then checked my account as advised, but had no new notifications. After that, I checked it every day but nothing changed, until yesterday when I received another email saying this : "You have 2 working days left to send your supporting documents, please do not wait until the last minute to upload, etc..."

I then deduced that I've been pre-selected, since they ask me to send the supporting documents, but I still don't have any other notifications on my account than the one saying that my application form have been successfully submitted (since August). Which means that I have no instructions whatsoever about how to send my documents nor which documents are needed.

Is anybody else in this case? I don't get why I received those emails but can't see anything on my account... Do you think it's a technical issue or did I just misunderstand the situation?

Thanks for your help, the 2 days-deadline message kind of stressed me out ! I also sent a message at the traineeship help desk but I'm afraid they won't answer me on time.

Inferio

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 pm
luduf wrote:Hey guys,

I am real confused right now, I'd be glad if you could help me with this! Monday 13 I received an email saying this :

"Dear candidate,
This is to inform you that a new message has been published in your personal account concerning your application for a traineeship at the European Commission. Please access your personal account to read the new message and to follow any instructions contained."

I then checked my account as advised, but had no new notifications. After that, I checked it every day but nothing changed, until yesterday when I received another email saying this : "You have 2 working days left to send your supporting documents, please do not wait until the last minute to upload, etc..."

I then deduced that I've been pre-selected, since they ask me to send the supporting documents, but I still don't have any other notifications on my account than the one saying that my application form have been successfully submitted (since August). Which means that I have no instructions whatsoever about how to send my documents nor which documents are needed.

Is anybody else in this case? I don't get why I received those emails but can't see anything on my account... Do you think it's a technical issue or did I just misunderstand the situation?

Thanks for your help, the 2 days-deadline message kind of stressed me out ! I also sent a message at the traineeship help desk but I'm afraid they won't answer me on time.

Are you sure you don't see this in your account? If not, just call them tomorrow.
EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 3 Untitl11
luduf

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:06 pm
Hi Inferio,
Thanks for your answer that confirms me that something is missing on my account. Indeed I can't see anything like that... Have you any idea of the number to call?? Thanks !!

EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 3 Img_2011

(This is all I get)
l.one

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 pm
Hello guys!

This is the first time I applied and I got preselected but I don't quite understand how it works. I submitted all the documents for eligibility check but what exactly does being included to "Blue Book" mean? Does it mean that everyone who passes the eligibility check will eventually get the traineeship or is there still a competition at a later stage and even though we pass the eligibility test that still means nothing? And what are the odds? Like only 1 out of 3 candidates from the Blue Book gets the traineeship eventually?

Thank you for your response and good luck to everyone!

hl5

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 pm
luduf wrote:Hi Inferio,
Thanks for your answer that confirms me that something is missing on my account. Indeed I can't see anything like that... Have you any idea of the number to call?? Thanks !!

EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 3 Img_2011

(This is all I get)

Gosh, this is horrible! How did they mess up this..I don't think they provided a number. We had a week, but I am still struggling to collect all my document. No way I could do it in 2 days. It's probably no help, but this was the message:

The next step is to upload all supporting documents in the list below in one single PDF File to your Stage online account. The upload should be done between dates:

14 November and 21 November 2017 – deadline 12.00 midday.

The eligibility check aims at verifying that what you have declared in your on-line application corresponds to the documents of proof to be provided.

No documents will be accepted after midday (Brussels time) on 21 November 2017.

A copy of a valid passport or identity card proving the declared nationality in your application form.
Copies of all university diplomas you have declared to hold in your application, together with the corresponding university transcripts (i.e. the list of subjects that you have studied each year with the respective marks/grades per subject) or the Europass Diploma Supplement. Please make sure that the date of the awarded degree and the final mark are specified.
Copies of proof of enrolment in ongoing studies, if applicable.
Copies of official proof of certificates (or equivalent), as indicated in your application form, for short-term studies and/or seminars attended, as well as certificates of university exchange programs abroad, if applicable.
Copies of proof of declared language(s) knowledge, language certificates (attendance certificates for language courses are not accepted as proof), copies of degrees/diplomas (including bilingual education)/university transcripts explicitly stating that they are obtained in the referred language or official courses followed in those languages at any level of education. Please note that only a minimum of 4 university exams duly marked and with the level of language specified can be accepted as proof of the declared language knowledge. Recommendation letters from professors are not accepted as only proof of declared language knowledge. Recommendation letters from employers are accepted only as proof of the declared work experience.
Copies of proof of all declared working experience. This can be provided through a letter of reference by your employer, which must have a heading, be duly signed and dated and clearly mentioning the work period (letters on plain paper are not accepted as proof), copies of contracts or any other documents providing evidence of your employment history. E-mails are not accepted as proofs. Grouping education or training with work experience is not admitted.

You are kindly requested to send copies of all original documents. Translations are not accepted if the original documents are missing.

Please note that all of the above mentioned documents can be provided in one of the 24 official languages of the European Union. Should these documents be available only in other, non-EU languages, we ask you to provide a translation of every original document into a EU-language.
hl5

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 pm
l.one wrote:Hello guys!

This is the first time I applied and I got preselected but I don't quite understand how it works. I submitted all the documents for eligibility check but what exactly does being included to "Blue Book" mean? Does it mean that everyone who passes the eligibility check will eventually get the traineeship or is there still a competition at a later stage and even though we pass the eligibility test that still means nothing? And what are the odds? Like only 1 out of 3 candidates from the Blue Book gets the traineeship eventually?

As I have understood the Blue Book is something that becomes available for the DG-s and they can start selecting candidates based on your applications. If they like what they see you will probably interview you. I think they select around 600 Trainees? I remember this from somewhere. Passing the eligibility checks gives us no guarantee that we get the role, unfortunately.
l.one

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 pm
hl5 wrote:

As I have understood the Blue Book is something that becomes available for the DG-s and they can start selecting candidates based on your applications. If they like what they see you will probably interview you. I think they select around 600 Trainees? I remember this from somewhere. Passing the eligibility checks gives us no guarantee that we get the role, unfortunately.

Thank you! Do you know the approximate number of applicants who normally make it to the Blue Book? I mean, are these 600 trainees selected from a pool of 1000-1500 or more?
jddcorte

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm
Just submitted a 50-page pdf file! Hope that will suffice.
I wish everyone good luck with passing the eligibility check.

Those who have been preselected, which DG are you aiming for?
l.one

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:42 pm
oldy wrote:Hi all,

Total 10230
Nationals of the EU 6369
Non-EU Nationals 3861

Where did you get this statistics? I'm also a non-EU national. I was wondering what are the statistics for 600 trainees selected eventually? I think ~500 EU nationals and ~100 Non-EU?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 pm
l.one wrote:
oldy wrote:Hi all,

Total 10230
Nationals of the EU 6369
Non-EU Nationals 3861

Where did you get this statistics? I'm also a non-EU national. I was wondering  what are the statistics for 600 trainees selected eventually? I think ~500 EU nationals and ~100 Non-EU?

In the main page of the traineeship (https://ec.europa.eu/stages/) on the right side below you have "application statistics". Click over there and you will be able to consult statistics from previous sessions. For example March 2017, there were 625 trainees and among them 48 non-EU trainees.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:25 pm
jddcorte wrote:Just submitted a 50-page pdf file! Hope that will suffice.
I wish everyone good luck with passing the eligibility check.

Those who have been preselected, which DG are you aiming for?

50 pages? I submitted 30 pages (my LL.B certificate, my LL.M certificate, my Erasmus certificate, proof of the 3 declared working experiences and proof of proficiency in English and French) and I thought it was a lot. How many things did you declare? Not sure they want to read so many pages Razz

I chose EEAS as first option. From previous years I know it is the most wanted DG so I hope I will be one of the lucky ones!
jddcorte

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:38 pm
@Tadeus_10

I had to submit proof of 3 degrees I obtained (LLB, LLM, MSc); proof of enrolment for my current degree; proof of my Erasmus; proof of 2 Summer Schools in London and China; proof of 3 declared working experiences; proof of English, French and Spanish knowledge.

I also chose the EEAS as first option. What unit are you focusing on? My focus is on Latin America!
hl5

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:24 pm
When you submitted your documents did you write any notes before the documents? The thing is my proof of Erasmus is also my proof of A1 language as it is basically a transcript of grades with all the dates, stamps etc. I was thinking to create an explanatory note on blank pages before each documents, but I think it will make it even more messy Very Happy
jddcorte

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:02 pm
hl5 wrote:When you submitted your documents did you write any notes before the documents? The thing is my proof of Erasmus is also my proof of A1 language as it is basically a transcript of grades with all the dates, stamps etc. I was thinking to create an explanatory note on blank pages before each documents, but I think it will make it even more messy Very Happy

I only added 1 page before all the documents with an Index of all the documents included and on which page they can be found in the pdf file.
Inferio

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 pm
l.one wrote:
hl5 wrote:

Thank you! Do you know the approximate number of applicants who normally make it to the Blue Book? I mean, are these 600 trainees selected from a pool of 1000-1500 or more?

I read the evaluation report of the traineeship scheme some time ago and I remember that the Blue Book was said to be about 4 times bigger than the number of places.
gerda666

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm
@Lisa93, any news from the Commission regarding your questions?
Lisa93

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:15 pm
gerda666 wrote:@Lisa93, any news from the Commission regarding your questions?

I never got a reply...
deepblue91

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:05 pm
Hey all - I've been lurking around this forum for a few days now and finally decided to create an account, as maybe I can shed some light on @Lisa93's issue.

I'm in a very similar situation. My mother tongue is Portuguese, and I declared a C2 level in English (did my Bachelor's and Master's in that language), B2 in French (I have a certificate), and a C1 in Spanish. For Spanish, however, I do not have a certificate - I learnt it in school in Brazil and through many trips to Spanish-speaking countries, reading tons of Spanish media, etc. (Of course, it helps that Portuguese and Spanish are so similar.) I had a beginner's level diploma from over a decade ago, but nothing else - I thought our language skills would be tested in an interview, as is the procedure for the CoR.

At any rate, I e-mailed the Trainee Office regarding this issue almost as soon as I received notice of my pre-selection. Here's the transcript of the exchange:

Trainee office:

"You have to present proof of the language level that you declared…Would it still be possible to pass a test at the University, or a language institute? Otherwise I think that the application will be eliminated (not by the TO, but by the 2 independent evaluators that will be in charge of the eligibility check…).

Best regards"

I replied that I would be happy to take a language exam, but there is no way I could have the results by the 21 November. They replied:

"Dear Beni,
Answers to your questions are hereafter.
As to the proof of ES, provide what you can and we will have to see what 2 independent evaluators will make of it.
We do – most sincerely – wish you all the best.
Kind regards"

I'm very concerned about this eligibility check too, but I guess we'll see sooner rather than later. Good luck to everyone here!
gerda666

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm
deepblue91 wrote:Hey all - I've been lurking around this forum for a few days now and finally decided to create an account, as maybe I can shed some light on @Lisa93's issue.

I'm in a very similar situation. My mother tongue is Portuguese, and I declared a C2 level in English (did my Bachelor's and Master's in that language), B2 in French (I have a certificate), and a C1 in Spanish. For Spanish, however, I do not have a certificate - I learnt it in school in Brazil and through many trips to Spanish-speaking countries, reading tons of Spanish media, etc. (Of course, it helps that Portuguese and Spanish are so similar.) I had a beginner's level diploma from over a decade ago, but nothing else - I thought our language skills would be tested in an interview, as is the procedure for the CoR.

At any rate, I e-mailed the Trainee Office regarding this issue almost as soon as I received notice of my pre-selection. Here's the transcript of the exchange:

Trainee office:

"You have to present proof of the language level that you declared…Would it still be possible to pass a test at the University, or a language institute? Otherwise I think that the application will be eliminated (not by the TO, but by the 2 independent evaluators that will be in charge of the eligibility check…).

Best regards"

I replied that I would be happy to take a language exam, but there is no way I could have the results by the 21 November. They replied:

"Dear Beni,
Answers to your questions are hereafter.
As to the proof of ES, provide what you can and we will have to see what 2 independent evaluators will make of it.
We do – most sincerely – wish you all the best.
Kind regards"

I'm very concerned about this eligibility check too, but I guess we'll see sooner rather than later. Good luck to everyone here!

Thank you for sharing with us! We are all in the same boat I guess.
gerda666

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm
Lisa93 wrote:
gerda666 wrote:@Lisa93, any news from the Commission regarding your questions?

I never got a reply...

In this case, let's wait and see. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum