Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cat

Supporting documents - certified copy or not? Empty Supporting documents - certified copy or not?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:21 pm
Hey guys,

Like all of you I received the email from the EC regarding the required documents. However, I am not sure whether or not 'normal' copies would be accepted. Or is a certified copy necessary?

Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks! Smile
lucia_roman

Supporting documents - certified copy or not? Empty Re: Supporting documents - certified copy or not?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 pm
FAQ FOR APPLYING TRAINEES

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/faq_en.htm
Should I provide certified translations?
- No. At this stage of the application process a simple translation will do. If you are selected for a traineeship, you will have to provide certified translations and copies of your documents.
I think that if for translation, simple translations are just fine, why wouldn't that be the same for copies ?
eeritrejaa

Supporting documents - certified copy or not? Empty Re: Supporting documents - certified copy or not?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:59 pm
My diplomas are written in one of the Official languages of the European Union (e.g. Polish, Spanish)? Should I provide a translation in English, French or German?

- No. We accept documents in all official EU languages.

According to this, you don't need your documents to be translated (if your language is official EU language). As far as certification goes, you're right - ordinary copies are ok. Therefore, you only need to gather your documents, copy them and send them, no extra efforts or costs.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum