Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Avo

Proof of language proficiency Empty Proof of language proficiency

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:33 am
Hi all,

I was wondering what proofs would suffice when it comes to languages.

a) Would living and studying in an English-speaking country be enough of a proof for proficiency in English?

b) Do they accept TOEFL/SAT scores or is it only the european framework of reference etc etc?

c) Do they accept courses taken at the university level?

Thanks!
mariabernarda

Proof of language proficiency Empty Re: Proof of language proficiency

Sat May 18, 2013 12:07 am
a) Would living and studying in an English-speaking country be enough of a proof for proficiency in English?

I don't think this is enough, you need a written proof like a diploma attesting a proficiency level, but maybe I'm wrong...

b) Do they accept TOEFL/SAT scores or is it only the european framework of reference etc etc?

I don't see any reason why they won't accept it.

c) Do they accept courses taken at the university level?

Yes, they even write this thing on their website.
Husker

Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 pm
I think they accept all of them. Look at the rules governing the traineeship :
Knowledge of the languages declared on the application form, other than the mother
tongue, should be supported by the appropriate justification (i.e. diplomas,
certificates, proof of having studied in the language in question, etc.)
Aneena
Aneena

Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 am
You need ANY kind of proof. Anything you can get should be fine, as long as it is not a handwritten paper signed by a friend who confirms you speak his/her language Smile
MartaPL

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:03 pm
Aneena wrote:You need ANY kind of proof. Anything you can get should be fine, as long as it is not a handwritten paper signed by a friend who confirms you speak his/her language Smile

Hey,

First of all thank you so much for posting all the information here!

I'm just not sure about one thing - if for example i have a statement from language school about my English level - is it enough to send a copy? Or should the copy be legally confirmed? (by a notary?)

And well it's from 2011....i guess it should be more up-to-date?

If I had lectures in different languages (confirmation on the diploma supplement) - does it mean anything?

Ok, that's it for now, but I will be coming back here very soon Wink
Thanks!

Jimmy.86
Jimmy.86

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 pm
Well, I am usually not a fan of certificates and such things so I was a bit worried when I was applying for the October13 session. I speak 3 languages fluently, plus another one that is basically the same like mine (Serbian - Croatian), that of course I have no "proof" of. What I did is that I asked my supervisor, my boss at my previous freelance job and another mentor at my previous internship to state in their recommendation letters or confirmation letters (if I had to have one for things I had no "certificates" for) that I used that and that language during my research for master thesis, internship and projects I did. So they were my guarantees Smile

So without any certificate for any of the languages I really speak (so no bluffing or lies) I got pre-selected and later chosen for an internship at the EC, so I guess these statements work just fine. As Aneena said earlier. Anything, but your friends or parents Razz

Good luck!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum