Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application form

+20
adussa
Krzysztof
simka
Lukrecja3333
lulu
papryka79
lu_kao
Andreea
Inna
fibica
nas
Paola N.
dulitul
Marcanum
Bulgaro
Dan
candidate
ivotsonev
Gianluca C.
Jessusherraymond
24 posters
Go down
Bulgaro

Application form - Page 2 Empty Re: Application form

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:35 pm
Yes, they told me in the next couple of days we all gonna get the email, so it is a matter of time now.
candidate

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 pm
For crying out loud, what are those people doing over there in the office? This is ridiculous that so many applicants have to wait for them to condescend and inform us of the final result. We really have to complain, it is preposterous to be left without any info whatsoever.
Paola N.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm
I have already received an email. Unfortunately I've been rejected, I'll try for march 2013...
candidate

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:38 pm
OK, I am not successful either. It seems like getting into any of the EU institutions is like receiving a scholarship fro, Oxbridge or MIT. I guess this is my last application with the EU organs.
nas

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm
Not accepted either! I am also surprised how difficult is getting a traineeship with EU :/
dulitul

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:12 pm

I was rejected too...I really dont know what they are looking for..
Bulgaro

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm
Alright, I join your club, guys. Just got the message saying that I am not selected.
Dulitul, if you do not have at least 2 years of experience with administration and at least one Masters degree plus knowing 3 or 4 languages, preferably English, German and French, then you have a minuscule chance to be invited for a traineeship. Not to mention CoR or EESC whether you need to very outstanding to get in because they accept only 20 people each term.
So that's it. I won't waste my time again with any of these EU institutions. What is the point - frustration, disappointment... I guess candidate is right, you need graduate from Oxford or Cambridge to be be sure. But if you have graduated there, would you be waiting for traineeship!?
fibica

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 pm
Rejected too! Luckily enough, i got accepted to the Commission traineeship!
Bulgaro

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 pm
fibica, can you tell us sth about your education and experience? I know that it is subjective since your story may not be applied to others, but it would be helpful to know what are the criteria! Thanks.
Inna

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:57 pm
Hi guys,

I also join your club, I received a rejection e-mail today:( At least they replied (because I still haven't heard from the CR or EESC).

I wanted to ask you what are the units you applied to in your application, I can't find information on this forum regarding the units which accept the most trainees(for the EC for example there is plenty of information),maybe I've applied to units which don't accept trainees at all...

I will keep trying until I get it,I know it's hard,but I've heard of people who obtained a traineeship after applying more than 5 times...so don't give up hope everybody!

and congrats to @fibica Smile
Andreea

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 pm
Hello!

Did somebody else get on the reserve list? just wondering..
lu_kao

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:36 pm
Hey Andreea, I am also on the reserve list! Which DG are you?
papryka79

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:51 pm
Hi guys, I'm also on the reserve list, Internal Policies DG. Does anybody know when We can expect the final result? Has anybody got the previous experience? I'm a little bit nervous, I don't think so that someone who has been accepted could reject the offer. I see no chance...
lu_kao

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:19 pm
I would not give up so easily - some people might have been accepted into both EC and EP traineeship programmes, etc.
Andreea

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm
@lu_kao Also internal policies DG. There is a slight possibility that somebody might refuse the offer of the traineeship, but come on, the number of people on the reserve list is huuuge! I'm not making any hopes for now.
lulu

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 pm
Did anyone received a positive answer? I haven't received any emails.

On the other hand, dont't lose your hope. I was accepted for the last session and I declined the offer. I still think it was the right choice as I did an interesting internship in a company instead and they kept me now as an employee. I think that as the selection process takes a lot of time, many people have other options and sometimes they take those options.

Good luck.

Lukrecja3333

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm
I am also on a reserve list- Directorate-General for Communication
lu_kao

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 pm
@lulu - I agree, I bet that at least some candidates are likely to change their mind [e.g. when faced with an internship v. full-time job dilemma]. I should add that I am DG for External Policies.
fibica

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:38 pm
@Bulgaro- Sure, i finished my BA in Italian language and literature and i got a scholarship for Erasmus Mundus Master in European literary cultures (which means i spent one year in Bologna and 1 year in Strasbourg). After that i won a scholarship for European College of Parma, where i studied European Studies and Policies. I speak fluently English, French and Italian. My mothertongue is Croatian.
simka

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 pm
I have been selected! OMG! This is the 1st time I have applied for a traineeship at EU institutions! Good luck to all of you for the next period Smile
Krzysztof

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm
Hey, I have also received an email yesterday saying that I am on the reserve list for Internal Policies. I wonder how many people they admit? The list is probably long, so they should specify the position on the list that we are placed on!
adussa

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 pm
Hey, I am also on the reserve list for the Communication Department. I wonder how many people are there on those lists. I don't know if I should make hopes or not. In the email it was written that "in case a selected candidate will decline our offer we will contact you", but I guess that depands on my place on that list, right? Do you think that it would be possible to ask where exactly are we situated on the list?
Lukrecja3333

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 pm
adussa I think that we should try to ask about this waiting list, becasue I'm also interested how many people are on this list- in the Comunication Department and where I am situated.
lu_kao

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 am
That is a good point - do you think it could work on a one-for-one basis? E.g. if Candidate 4 cannot make it he/she can be replaced by Reserve List Candidate 4 only [who has a similar background/competencies/etc.]?
dogufiratt

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:49 am
Hi Guys,

It was my first application, and I've been selected for a paid traineeship in the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Innovation and Technological Support. I did not really expect this, because my bachelor's degree was in a program similar to Business Engineering, and my master degree is in Management... I am happy that I got a positive response from them. But, I think it is totally depending on your luck!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:08 am
Hey guys, I was also accepted for paid traineeship in DG for Presidency. It was my first time applying to EU Parliament. I also applied for EU Commission but was rejected.
lu_kao

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:29 pm
I'm in - if you are on the reserve list please do not give up - people do turn down these offers and people from the reserve list do get in!
amcy324

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:54 am
I am on the reserve list for DG-External Policies. If anyone has any information about the reserve list, please advice!! I do not want to give up any hope. I'm very interested in this traineeship and want to believe that slim chance means still a chance. Smile Still, I'd like to know when I should expect to hear about final selections and results. Moreover, do you think it's too late to e-mail the departments at this point to "lobby" for yourself?
amcy324

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 am
I just read the thread. So Lu_kao has been selected for DG-External Policies? Congratulations. =) Does the department simply have one trainee? or do they select more than just one? Haha, now I'm wondering if I should just accept that I do not have any chance at all.
Anita _slo

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:26 pm
Has anybody else applied for translation traineeship? And already received the final results?
I came through the preselection stage and then sent all the required documents, but haven't obtained an answer yet.
Thus I sent an email to the Traineeship office and got an answer:
''Final selection stage: Candidates who were preselected and have sent all the supporting documents requested will be notified by e-mail of the results of the final selection 1½ months before the traineeship starting date.''
My application is in the Translation unit I applied for, waiting for final selection, and the results should be known around mid-August (by email).

Any similar experiences? Some translation trainees here?

Congratulations to the ones already selected!

Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum