Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lulu

Selection European Parliament Empty Selection European Parliament

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 pm
Hi,
I have received today the email. I was selected for the European Parliament traineeship, in Bruxelles. I am very happy but...I don't think I could do the intership because of my master studies...long story...I do believe though that if I have been selected now, there are chances of being selected next year too, because I will improve my CV and I think my profile will be better. But...I wonder, if I refuse now the internship, will they take this into account next year?
I know that this opportunity does not comes twice ... and that's why is so hard to decide, and that's why I want to know if there is anyone who refused once and then got accepted in next sessios?
elina

Selection European Parliament Empty Re: Selection European Parliament

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 am
hi lulu!
i saw you posted this in another topic too and got reply..i just wanted to ask..you received the email today? i have also applied for the ep traineeship and haven't received anything yet...! i am nervous now, i thought we would get this email later, like 20th december as last year...
anyway..good luck with everything you choose!
lulu

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:20 am
Hi elina,

I received the email today, and so did my twin sister, we were both accepted in the directorate for finance but in different units. Very Happy. I suppose that maybe some directorates chose their candidates later, so do not lose hope and good luck.
I still don't know how to make the choice. The fact that I got selected even though is the first time that I apply makes me feel confident, but the fact that you were selected once, does not mean that this will happen the second time.
I am doing now a second master and accepting the internship will mean postponing the graduation, and also turning down an good offer for the 6-month mandatory internship that I have to do in order to validate my year. The other internship is in Paris, and should start in February...so it is impossible to do both things.
I hope I will figure things out and make the best choice.
Regarding your application I would still hope, In the mail that I received, they said that I have to accept or refuse the offer until 19 december, After that date, if I am not interested they will propose the internship to another person who is on the reserve list.

Smile.
elina

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am
lulu wrote:Hi elina,

I received the email today, and so did my twin sister, we were both accepted in the directorate for finance but in different units. Very Happy. I suppose that maybe some directorates chose their candidates later, so do not lose hope and good luck.
I still don't know how to make the choice. The fact that I got selected even though is the first time that I apply makes me feel confident, but the fact that you were selected once, does not mean that this will happen the second time.
I am doing now a second master and accepting the internship will mean postponing the graduation, and also turning down an good offer for the 6-month mandatory internship that I have to do in order to validate my year. The other internship is in Paris, and should start in February...so it is impossible to do both things.
I hope I will figure things out and make the best choice.
Regarding your application I would still hope, In the mail that I received, they said that I have to accept or refuse the offer until 19 december, After that date, if I am not interested they will propose the internship to another person who is on the reserve list.

Smile.

thanks for the info!
well i am also preselected in the commission, so now i wait to see what happens....good luck with your choice! it's not easy but you will figure things out and choose the best for you! Wink
Alexandru

Selection European Parliament Empty hello trainees!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 pm
I have received today the email.....I was selected for the European Parliament traineeship, in Brussels.....DG for Communication. Now I have a problem with accommodation ... I search for a flat/ studio ...better in the central area. Has anyone a proposal for a decently residence? 400-maximum 500 euro.
Thanks!Smile)
sheilagarcia

Selection European Parliament Empty EP Communicatio

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:39 am
Alexandru wrote:I have received today the email.....I was selected for the European Parliament traineeship, in Brussels.....DG for Communication. Now I have a problem with accommodation ... I search for a flat/ studio ...better in the central area. Has anyone a proposal for a decently residence? 400-maximum 500 euro.
Thanks!Smile)

Hi! I've selected too for the DG for Communication - Audiovisual Unit. Have you sent the documents to Luxembourg? How do we have to do that?I mean, do we need official translations of our certificates or just the copies of degrees certificates etc...ufff this is too hard and exciting! I'm putting all my stuff together to sent that as soon as possible and starting to look for information! Any help will be very welcome!
uzer

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 am
I´ve also selected for the DG Communication - Press unit. Finding housing is tough.....
ilonaLV

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:25 am
any other new about selection? and how about rejection emails..? has any received them?
elina

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 am
ilonaLV wrote:any other new about selection? and how about rejection emails..? has any received them?
i haven't received anything...which is pretty absurd because last time i received a rejection email..so maybe nothing is over yet??
lill
lill

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 am
I applied too and I haven't received anything yet, not even a rejection e-mail...
elina

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:19 pm
lill wrote:I applied too and I haven't received anything yet, not even a rejection e-mail...

good to know that i am not the only one in that position! i thought that all the results would come out like after 15th december..at least that's what i had read somewhere in this forum...so maybe we must not be disappointed yet!
ilonaLV

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:15 pm
does anyone applied for journalism option has already received a reply...?
sheilagarcia

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:34 pm
Yes! one week ago I received the positive reply for the journalism traineeship in the Audiovisual Unit

ilonaLV wrote:does anyone applied for journalism option has already received a reply...?
sheilagarcia

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm
Hey guys! Maybe we could use this facebook group. It's easier! See ya! https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113304405354927&v=wall
lill
lill

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:22 pm
@ elina: just received THE REJECTION EMAIL...such a lovely Xmas "present"
ilonaLV

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm
i received it as well. for the 2nd time already. i don't really understand what profiles they prefer. i would like to ask people, especially those who applied for journalism option, to describe shortly your backround..
elina

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:45 pm
hi lill and ilonaLV! i received the rejection email again...really nice christmas present.....
rejected for the 2nd time..what does one need to have to get selected for the parliament???? i think i will not apply again, i am tired of wasting my time and stressing myself for these traineeships and always get rejected.
lill
lill

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm
totally agree...I'm so frustrated...2nd rejection form the EP, reserve list for the EESC and "looking forward" to a rejection form the EC:)))
DL

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 pm
The whole thing is a bad comedy. Preselected in Comission rejected in the second. Parliament: 'your application was admissible and thus sent to the relative DGs, but...' Let me tell you something which concerns especially those that did not apply to the most popular or more active in the EU DGs. They are so idiots that they give us the ability to choose any DG that we want, although there is a big chance this DG not to select at all at this application round. I checked that doing lobbying in the commission and to my astonishment all my choices answered that they will not take any interns at all.
Hence, if you have good qualifications you can always pass the first round and then you might be rejected again and again because your options will not take any people. But they still advice you to apply to DGs that are most relative with your qualifications, while they give you options which might not take anyone. Next year we should all apply for DG communication or some other administrative unit as almost all the people who i know that took traineeships had applied to something like that. If anyone has been selected to Common Security and Defence Policy, Enlargement, or External Affairs please let me know. I would be glad to find out that i was rejected because someone had more qualifications than knowing that they let us apply for DGs that did not recruit.
elina

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am
lill wrote:totally agree...I'm so frustrated...2nd rejection form the EP, reserve list for the EESC and "looking forward" to a rejection form the EC:)))
same here...2nd rejection from the ep and the cor and almost certainly not selected in the ec (nobody has contacted me yet though i lobbied a lot...) :-(
elina

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 am
DL wrote:The whole thing is a bad comedy. Preselected in Comission rejected in the second. Parliament: 'your application was admissible and thus sent to the relative DGs, but...' Let me tell you something which concerns especially those that did not apply to the most popular or more active in the EU DGs. They are so idiots that they give us the ability to choose any DG that we want, although there is a big chance this DG not to select at all at this application round. I checked that doing lobbying in the commission and to my astonishment all my choices answered that they will not take any interns at all.
Hence, if you have good qualifications you can always pass the first round and then you might be rejected again and again because your options will not take any people. But they still advice you to apply to DGs that are most relative with your qualifications, while they give you options which might not take anyone. Next year we should all apply for DG communication or some other administrative unit as almost all the people who i know that took traineeships had applied to something like that. If anyone has been selected to Common Security and Defence Policy, Enlargement, or External Affairs please let me know. I would be glad to find out that i was rejected because someone had more qualifications than knowing that they let us apply for DGs that did not recruit.

you are right...all this whole thing is frustrating, i don't know if i will ever bother apply again...i am fed up with that.
sprinterka

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:37 pm
I received the rejection mail yesterday,too. For the third (and the last) time. I won't apply anymore. I don't really know what they are looking for. I am fed up with it. Three times is a good ballpark. It is enough. I also applied for EC-DGT and nothing yet. I didn't receive any response of them, neither positive nor negative. Elina, you are right - this whole thing is so frustrating and stressful. Anyway, good luck with the EC Elina, Lill and others. Smile
Mali

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:49 am
I also got the rejection mail...kinda sucks..first time applying in EP and EC; the situation so far - rejected by EP
- preselected (which is good), but not contacted by EC

I guess I need to be patient, but it's hard.

Good luck to everyone accepted Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum