Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selected - where will you be working?

+16
chupson
enrica
El
marcciella
marta
LauraFA
Nadine
chowks
Kermit the frog
operom
lamazi
ana_sp
alexte
hendy
maia
myrskypilvi
20 posters
Go down
chupson

Selected - where will you be working? - Page 2 Empty Re: Selected - where will you be working?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Hello everyone!

Congratulations! And good luck with the exams to the ones finishing them!

Just to drop a note that I'll be working in DG ECFIN and look forward to it. See you in Brussels!

P.S. Does anyone know what are the next steps in the process?

Well, anyways, all the best to everyone!!!

Cheers!
enrica

Selected - where will you be working? - Page 2 Empty Re: Selected - where will you be working?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm
Hi El,

I see you are interested in a stage in interpretation.
If you want to be trained as an interpreter you should contact the responsible people there. It is usually quite difficult to get in unless you have a very rare language combination (you should at least have one of the 2004 enlargement languages) and an MA in Conference Intepreting.

Whereas, if you're looking forward toan administration stage at DG interpretation I believe that your background as an interpreter is not that important. I am a conference interpreter but didn't get in the DG interpretation for administration stage! But I'll go to AGRI which actually was my 1st choice, so I'm very excited! Wink

Looking forward to meeting you all!

cheers

ps: anyone is already looking for accommodation?
today I've registered at http://www.appartager.be/login.aspx?destination=/content/common/account.aspx%3fredirectonsingle%3d1
it could be an useful link for everybody
Szti

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 pm
LauraFA wrote:Hi El!

I've been selected to work for the Information and Communication Unit of the Interpretation Department, so I don't think I'll be involved in any interpretation projects per ce. I have a media/journalism background, and I think that's what they are interested in. However, I'd encourage you to apply even if you don't have a lot of experience, as this is an internship and I don't think they are looking for people with a lot of experience. You can try!
Lots of luck!

Thanks for your answer and have a good time there flower
marcciella

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:03 am
Hello! I would like to ask selected if you count with the March, 1 as the first work day?
Thanks! Wink
Nadine

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 am
marcciella wrote:Hello! I would like to ask selected if you count with the March, 1 as the first work day?
Thanks! Wink

Hmm, on the webpage, there is stated that March 1st is the official introducion in BXL, followed by a two day "conference". Afterwards everyone is heading towards his/her DG office [that is what i understood from the homepage]
Thus, first working day in the office/DG may then a little later than march 1st ;-)
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:28 pm
First 2 days are purely administrative - you receive your badges and fill in the forms. Then there are the welcome days (3 days??). So you start working only after more or less a week.
nefeloca

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:51 am
enrica wrote:

ps: anyone is already looking for accommodation?
today I've registered at http://www.appartager.be/login.aspx?destination=/content/common/account.aspx%3fredirectonsingle%3d1
it could be an useful link for everybody

hey all

be careful with these sites!! there are many scams. If something is too cheap or look extremely good in the pics it's probably a scam. And dont send money if you are not 100% sure, never through Western Union and never in an account out of BXL or LUX.
Try to talk to them on the phone, do some google research to find that the person actually exists and generally be as sure as possible.
nefeloca

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:49 am
hey again,
start checking your mailboxes. Emails with details and forms are coming!!!
Very Happy
theczech

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:58 am
Hey everyone,

Congratulations to those selected. I will be working at DG COMP.

The final placement offer and documentation have been sent out, received mine this morning. Needs to be printed, filled out, and returned by the 4th February.

See you in Brussels!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum