Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
myrskypilvi

Closing of selections? Empty Closing of selections?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:55 pm
Hi,

maybe it would be nice to gather information on which DGs or units have selected their trainees / closed their selections in a separate thread.

For those who are waiting for news without lobbying, don't get any news directly from the units/DGs.

So those of you who do have info, please share it here!

Impatience is my middlename. bounce

Closing of selections? Empty Re: Closing of selections?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 am
I had an interview with EACI and, from what they told me, several units had a deadline at noon on the 15th. Besides, a couple other units where I lobbied told me they have already chosen their candidates (that was INFSO and research).
by the way, I've been selected - see you guys in brussels! Smile

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:10 am
Another thing: although i did lobby a bit, i'm sure i've been selected from the blue book, because they contacted me on the old email i had in the application form.
And they weren't among my top choices, either.....apparently, everything can happen! :-)
myrskypilvi

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 am
martina wrote:Another thing: although i did lobby a bit, i'm sure i've been selected from the blue book, because they contacted me on the old email i had in the application form.
And they weren't among my top choices, either.....apparently, everything can happen! :-)

Congrats, Martina!

And thanks for the info. May I ask, which unit chose you at the end, and did you already get the official letter from the traineeship office?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:19 pm
It's the Agency for competitivness and innovation -- somewhat connected with DG Energy.
I've just been told me they'd give my name as their preferred candidate, and the letter should come in January. So it's not official yet....

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:13 pm
I think that Emploi closed it selections last week, can't be sure but that's what I understood at least
And what I received from Sanco was that they'd select in January...

When do you think we will start getting the email offers ? Any chance that this happens before the Christmas break ?
myrskypilvi

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:31 pm
frog wrote:
And what I received from Sanco was that they'd select in January...

When do you think we will start getting the email offers ? Any chance that this happens before the Christmas break ?

Well year ago the Traineeship Office sent the emails just before Christmas, and also for October the messages were sent earlier than originally indicated.

But as this time at least some DGs close their selections in January only, I'm not sure if anyone will get the good news before Christmas!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:38 pm
Ok, thanks ! We will see very soon if we'll know it or not as the Commission is closing on the 23rd for the Christmas break...
EUcitizen

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:14 pm
Congrats Martina!

It sounds like an interesting agency. So they picked you out of the VBB without being one of your three preferred DGs? And may I ask you which study background you have?

About the closing of the selections, I know DG MARKT has already picked their trainees.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum