Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
XabaCs

Aproximation of candidates Empty Aproximation of candidates

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 am
This waiting is seriously painful bounce .. but, if it is of any help, I calculated approximately how many applicants are for this stage, and the figures are quite gratifying....

I extracted from my candidate number (submitted my application in the last days, respectively 26.08) and the last PREselected candidate number of the October applicants list.
The result is only ab. 4.600 people (I would say a MAX. + 200 marge of error should be included). This is ab. 3x less then in the October applicants stage! Wink
If u think further, this means a little more than 50% chance to make it to the PRE Very Happy

Hoping I shared a good news...
Cheers,
Csaba.
Aneena
Aneena

Aproximation of candidates Empty Re: Aproximation of candidates

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 pm
The last time my flatmate submitted the application in the morning at 9am on the last day (deadline was something like 3pm), the other one did it just before 3pm and the difference between their numbers was something like 2000 (within around 7 hours). It seems that everybody submits their applications in the very last moment.
XabaCs

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm
Shocked Whaaat? No way... this hurts. Even tough the announcement isn't that far away now..this kept me from loosing my cool in all the waiting...starting to feel a lot of pressure right now..
Aneena
Aneena

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:18 pm
Don't worry, I don't think that all the people that submit an online aplication also send it per post, some might be not eligible, many have poor education and language skills - people with good qualifications go through the preselection. It also depends on the country - I knew a guy who was in the selection committee or something like that and he said that for British citizens they had something like 2ppl per place and for Lithuanians or other new countries it might be more than 10. I guess it's also prette competitive from candidates from outside the EU.
XabaCs

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 pm
Just to set records straight, there where ab. 10.000 applications.
That means, more than half of the applications arrived in the last 4 days before deadline!...wow.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum