Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
blutwurst

Language Course Empty Language Course

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:54 pm
Hey,
Does anybody know if the EU (Commission) offers language courses to their employees, and if so, if this includes the Blue Book stagiaires?
As I ll start in March and am eager to improve my Spanish a little during that time, I am looking for courses currently and would have to sign up in next days. But if the EU has own courses (like the UN does) it would be more convenient..

Maybe some of you know ??

BR
Ole
Chr

Language Course Empty Re: Language Course

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:26 am
Hi. I will be a trainee at the DGT and the info we received says no, which is very disappointing, I know. I am pretty sure no other trainees will be offered language courses, either. If you are coming to Lux, you can attend a regular foreign language course in a private school or perhaps find a tandem partner.
olmons

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:29 pm
This is what the Trainees Guide says:
http://www.traineescommittee.com/copy-of-traineeship-office-presenta wrote:
Can I take part in the Commission’s official language courses?
Commission courses are only available to its permanent staff. However, trainees usually organise language courses, exchanges and "language tables" amongst themselves free of charge. The Free University of Brussels (ULB) also provides language courses which are either free or offered at very cheap prices.
Are trainees allowed to attend training courses?
Trainees cannot apply on their own for training courses organised by DG HR. Trainees may attend some training courses provided by the Commission. They can apply on their own on the Intranet via Syslog for training courses organised by their respective departments. Discuss your possibilities with your advisor.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum