Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xoxo

the reserve list Empty the reserve list

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

I had an interview with EAC last week and since I was in the Netherlands I was able to go on the spot for the interview. This DG was my second choice and although the interview went well the guy told me that actually they have to give the preference to the ppl who select their DG as the first priority.

Today I sent the request asking about my application status and he said that I am on the reserve list and if the first preson will reject the offer I will get selected.

I guess this is not good news for me, since I will have to wait till the mid of July and secondly, I dont believe that this first person will reject the offer.

Does anyone have any experience with the reserve list??? Feeling low, since it does not feel good to be the second best and still not to know what to expect Sad Shocked
krista

the reserve list Empty Re: the reserve list

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:17 pm
I think that the shortlist and the reserve list are about the same thing. Last year I was "shortlisted" after an interview, but still didn't get the position. At least they were clear and upfront with you, which was not the same during my own personal experience.

But, you still don't know if another DG may have reserved you, maybe your first choice. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Good luck!
rmm

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:28 pm
xoxo wrote:
I had an interview with EAC last week and since I was in the Netherlands I was able to go on the spot for the interview. This DG was my second choice and although the interview went well the guy told me that actually they have to give the preference to the ppl who select their DG as the first priority.

Today I sent the request asking about my application status and he said that I am on the reserve list and if the first preson will reject the offer I will get selected.

I guess this is not good news for me, since I will have to wait till the mid of July and secondly, I dont believe that this first person will reject the offer.

Does anyone have any experience with the reserve list??? Feeling low, since it does not feel good to be the second best and still not to know what to expect Sad Shocked

May I ask you which was the Unit with whom u had the interview? thanks!
dgs

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:58 pm
Yes. Sit and wait, wait and see...their procedure are just bloody bureaucratic and annoying.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 pm
karla007 wrote:I think that the shortlist and the reserve list are about the same thing. Last year I was "shortlisted" after an interview, but still didn't get the position.

There's actually a slight difference. Shortlisted generally means you are among the final favorites, and they are still deciding. Being put on the reserve list means they have already chosen someone else and you were 2nd/3rd/4th choice.

@xoxo: There is always hope that another unit reserved you!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum