Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 2019 Traineeship

+89
Melian6
justanothercandidate
AnnaAnti
angel9
Annikkiii5911
Lucille.cdv
Trainee_SJ
marge7
lara.zangoni
martamartam
gmat
krisa11
Alex18
Eun
Edding
deightt
maiora
ALon
barbara5
Wolverine
Bruselas2020
rosalp
Romualdo
puempipi
sarah1
adam sostrum
LeocF
Unknowwwn
john90
Beire
ghums
fmslan
djleons
June06
Antoaneta_03
aghata.srezende
apl.2019
Rea24
Melamela
radar934
csanglez
zwe2014
SimonaAnna25
id123
ECIntern
HaHoHe
KingJamesEU
PatLit
AWP2050
ros
Kleeblue
Luis13
okaps 12
iratiik
translator
rin94
beoleo
heheb
tatarskaomacka
Niko
anpa
nellyg
JG91
Haykuhi
amundsen1
uni
Emvfri
elinaa
dcs
YaYa
Printsess_B
to88
TubaTube
Trainee2019
oxymorons06
sy lee
Meridionale
pp10
zs96
zubeman
C123
laurasarah11
Cavo
ania94
Davidoff78
cmarie28
Gmzel
lj_be
elif
93 posters
Go down
cmarie28

October 2019 Traineeship - Page 2 Empty Re: October 2019 Traineeship

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm
Hello All, A question regarding dates. I think I've made a stupid mistake- for one of my jobs, I worked on payroll for a while and then pro bono for a few more months. I uploaded my documents and realized of course the payroll confirmation is only through September of the year I worked and my application of course says January since I worked there unpaid from September-January. Is there a way to amend this? Should I contact someone?
cmarie28

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:49 pm
Meridionale wrote:Good evening everybody! And congratations of course for those who have been preselected! I've just downloaded the supporting documents,  I hope it was ok. Smile  So, I've just received the confirmation letter about the successful download, but I cannot see this file in my account, right? Are there any other non-EU candidates?

I am a non-EU candidate! I'm American with a US law degree and a French LLM in European law. Where are you from??
zubeman

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 pm
cmarie28 wrote:Hello All, A question regarding dates. I think I've made a stupid mistake- for one of my jobs, I worked on payroll for a while and then pro bono for a few more months. I uploaded my documents and realized of course the payroll confirmation is only through September of the year I worked and my application of course says January since I worked there unpaid from September-January. Is there a way to amend this? Should I contact someone?

Maybe you have any document that you could add to the supporting document section as a way to show that to them?
Meridionale
Meridionale

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:51 pm
cmarie28 wrote:
Meridionale wrote:Good evening everybody! And congratations of course for those who have been preselected! I've just downloaded the supporting documents,  I hope it was ok. Smile  So, I've just received the confirmation letter about the successful download, but I cannot see this file in my account, right? Are there any other non-EU candidates?

I am a non-EU candidate! I'm American with a US law degree and a French LLM in European law. Where are you from??

Thank you for your reply, nice to meet you! You have a good educational background in your domain.  I am from Russia.
Meridionale
Meridionale

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:01 pm
zubeman wrote:
Meridionale wrote:Oh I think that 15-days error  is a minor mistype Smile As for me, the situation is not so good) The first error was related to the start of my French course (one month error). And as for my professional experience, in one line I indicated the start of one position from  01.01 instead 01.10  Rolling Eyes (but it was in the framework of the working in the same company for  several years, without a breach in the service), and I indicated these moments in the supporting documents. I know that I had to be more attentive to details at the moment of application, but nothing to do now, it is too late Smile

Well, I think that the case that you worked for them for several years changes the situation - I believe they chose you because of extensive work experience, and if it already has several years on the case several missing months should not do too much of a damage. Honestly, I believe that many of the applicants have done such mistakes and that the evaluators will have to go through a looooot of stuff - so it should not be an issue. Fingers crossed!

Thanks a lot for support, I hope as well)) I have one more question, pls. As for the section related to articles, publications, etc in the application form - did you provide any proof for that?
zubeman

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 pm
I sent them all of my articles. Actually - I had an issues with the fact that one of the reports that I wrote was over 30 pages, so I wrote to the traineesship office to ask what I should do. They told me to either send first 2 or 3 text of the publication or add a page with a link to them. So for one article I provided the first 3 pages and for the rest I just sent a word page with links to all of them. Hope this helps!
cmarie28

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:57 pm
zubeman wrote:
cmarie28 wrote:Hello All, A question regarding dates. I think I've made a stupid mistake- for one of my jobs, I worked on payroll for a while and then pro bono for a few more months. I uploaded my documents and realized of course the payroll confirmation is only through September of the year I worked and my application of course says January since I worked there unpaid from September-January. Is there a way to amend this? Should I contact someone?

Maybe you have any document that you could add to the supporting document section as a way to show that to them?

I do have a document... I can show that I was certified for working pro bono for that time period. Is there a way to re-upload our documents? I can add it to the PDF, but I have already uploaded... Or should I email it?
zubeman

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:00 pm
cmarie28 wrote:
zubeman wrote:

I do have a document... I can show that I was certified for working pro bono for that time period. Is there a way to re-upload our documents? I can add it to the PDF, but I have already uploaded... Or should I email it?

Honestly, I have no idea, but I would just email the email provided in your application account just in case - what's the worst that could happen?
sy lee

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:34 pm
zubeman wrote:I sent them all of my articles. Actually - I had an issues with the fact that one of the reports that I wrote was over 30 pages, so I wrote to the traineesship office to ask what I should do. They told me to either send first 2 or 3 text of the publication or add a page with a link to them. So for one article I provided the first 3 pages and for the rest I just sent a word page with links to all of them. Hope this helps!

Hi guys, I just saw the response. I unfortunately did not provide the proof of my articles. Hope they are able to google them Sad
cmarie28

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 pm
zubeman wrote:
cmarie28 wrote:
zubeman wrote:

Honestly, I have no idea, but I would just email the email provided in your application account just in case - what's the worst that could happen?

I sent an email with the document explaining and they basically said they certainly cannot correct mistakes made my candidates at this stage or in any stage and that it is in the hands of the evaluators. So... that may be the end of me!!! Fingers crossed I have a kind evaluator who realizes the reason for the discrepancy...
oxymorons06

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:56 pm
cmarie28 wrote:
zubeman wrote:
cmarie28 wrote:
zubeman wrote:

I sent an email with the document explaining and they basically said they certainly cannot correct mistakes made my candidates at this stage or in any stage and that it is in the hands of the evaluators. So... that may be the end of me!!! Fingers crossed I have a kind evaluator who realizes the reason for the discrepancy...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Hopefully evaluators will not be too hard, let us know what happens in the end.
oxymorons06

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:02 pm
Hey all! As most of us here, I sent the documents before the deadline. Of course after the deadline I realised something. The letter of reference I sent in for one of my work experiences is duly signed, has the date of the work period and the name of the firm is mentioned. The only thing missing is the header (I thought mentioning the name at the top would suffice, silly me). The letter is not printed on plain paper, since the logo of the company can be found on the right side of the sheet. I have been worried ever since I found out, would you think a logo on the right side of the sheet and the letter furthermore containing all the required information is okay? I kind of have a feeling I'm out.
zubeman

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm
oxymorons06 wrote:Hey all! As most of us here, I sent the documents before the deadline. Of course after the deadline I realised something. The letter of reference I sent in for one of my work experiences is duly signed, has the date of the work period and the name of the firm is mentioned. The only thing missing is the header (I thought mentioning the name at the top would suffice, silly me). The letter is not printed on plain paper, since the logo of the company can be found on the right side of the sheet. I have been worried ever since I found out, would you think a logo on the right side of the sheet and the letter furthermore containing all the required information is okay? I kind of have a feeling I'm out.

I have done a similar thing. For one of my experiences I had a voluntary work experience in a South African township NPO, and the only proof of working there was a document written and signed by its founder that I worked on certain dates. However, at the top header it has the company information, NPO registration number and etc. However, it is not any special document or something, but what can you expect from a township NPO?? Either way, to comment on your case, I am pretty sure that as long as all the info is there and it does not look sketchy they will accept it - but again, it might depend how much of an asshole the evaluator is.
Meridionale
Meridionale

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:31 pm
sy lee wrote:
zubeman wrote:I sent them all of my articles. Actually - I had an issues with the fact that one of the reports that I wrote was over 30 pages, so I wrote to the traineesship office to ask what I should do. They told me to either send first 2 or 3 text of the publication or add a page with a link to them. So for one article I provided the first 3 pages and for the rest I just sent a word page with links to all of them. Hope this helps!

Hi guys, I just saw the response. I unfortunately did not provide the proof of my articles. Hope they are able to google them Sad

Hello Smile I think you should not worry much about that, as articles and publications were not indicated in the list of the compulsory documents for download.
oxymorons06

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:40 am
zubeman wrote:
oxymorons06 wrote:Hey all! As most of us here, I sent the documents before the deadline. Of course after the deadline I realised something. The letter of reference I sent in for one of my work experiences is duly signed, has the date of the work period and the name of the firm is mentioned. The only thing missing is the header (I thought mentioning the name at the top would suffice, silly me). The letter is not printed on plain paper, since the logo of the company can be found on the right side of the sheet. I have been worried ever since I found out, would you think a logo on the right side of the sheet and the letter furthermore containing all the required information is okay? I kind of have a feeling I'm out.

I have done a similar thing. For one of my experiences I had a voluntary work experience in a South African township NPO, and the only proof of working there was a document written and signed by its founder that I worked on certain dates. However, at the top header it has the company information, NPO registration number and etc. However, it is not any special document or something, but what can you expect from a township NPO?? Either way, to comment on your case, I am pretty sure that as long as all the info is there and it does not look sketchy they will accept it - but again, it might depend how much of an asshole the evaluator is.

Ah I think that sounds pretty okay! When reading the requirements again, it's basically any proof you have that shows you worked there as long as it is signed with the correct dates and such. Let us/me know what your result is in a couple of weeks. Thanks for commenting on my question, I guess we will just have to wait and see. It's at least something I can learn from.
Trainee2019
Trainee2019

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:06 am
Hey guys!

I've just found the statistics of October 2019 traineeship and it seems to me that we have quite a good chance of getting the placement Very Happy  

There were only 8677 applicants now, including 6840 EU Nationals, which is a low number when you compare it to the previous years (14870 in 2018, or even better: 24705 in 2015!).

Good luck everyone!
TubaTube

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 pm
But as a non-EU, the statistics look depressing. Only 2 out of 2773 are selected for March 2018? It's gonna be really tough to get in. pale
sy lee

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 pm
TubaTube wrote:But as a non-EU, the statistics look depressing. Only 2 out of 2773 are selected for March 2018? It's gonna be really tough to get in. pale

Same here. I wouldn't be optimistic as a non EU... I am already moving on to other NGO jobs... Neutral
Trainee2019
Trainee2019

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 am
TubaTube wrote:But as a non-EU, the statistics look depressing. Only 2 out of 2773 are selected for March 2018? It's gonna be really tough to get in. pale

Holy Moly! I didn't notice that. Shocked
It seems then that the Commission decided to give more placements to the EU Nationals...
lj_be

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am
You don't think that they will get back to us before May?
to88

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am
Hey guys, anyone heard anything from any DG's or Commission offices? A mate of mine who was a stagiaire a few years back said they usually take two weeks from the submission of your docs to get back to you with final confirmation that you did (or did not) make it onto the blue book short-list, and they also give you a list of contacts in Brussels. Have not heard anything since I submitted my docs (other than receipt of submission) so am wondering if I have made it to the short-list . . . . Or perhaps their selection mechanism has changed?
zubeman

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:58 pm
to88 wrote:Hey guys, anyone heard anything from any DG's or Commission offices? A mate of mine who was a stagiaire a few years back said they usually take two weeks from the submission of your docs to get back to you with final confirmation that you did (or did not) make it onto the blue book short-list, and they also give you a list of contacts in Brussels. Have not heard anything since I submitted my docs (other than receipt of submission) so am wondering if I have made it to the short-list . . . . Or perhaps their selection mechanism has changed?

It says in the website that the eligibility check occurs throughout April-May, so knowing the efficiency of the EU bureaucracy I would not expect them to deliver any answers at least until the middle of this period
to88

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:36 am
zubeman wrote:
to88 wrote:Hey guys, anyone heard anything from any DG's or Commission offices? A mate of mine who was a stagiaire a few years back said they usually take two weeks from the submission of your docs to get back to you with final confirmation that you did (or did not) make it onto the blue book short-list, and they also give you a list of contacts in Brussels. Have not heard anything since I submitted my docs (other than receipt of submission) so am wondering if I have made it to the short-list . . . . Or perhaps their selection mechanism has changed?

It says in the website that the eligibility check occurs throughout April-May, so knowing the efficiency of the EU bureaucracy I would not expect them to deliver any answers at least until the middle of this period

Oh my, that long? Didn't expect to wait that amount of time. Patience is a virtue I guess! Thanks Smile
Meridionale
Meridionale

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am
Hello everyone! Any news on results? Can you open your account, because I see some errors when entering the site...
to88

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:09 am
Samesies on my page, totally screwed up at the bottom. Guess its a glitch?
Printsess_B

Thu May 02, 2019 8:40 pm
Hey, guys! Any news? I was preselected, but have not heard anything back. Has anybody gotten any calls from DGs? One of my friends from previous year told me that he had gotten 5 calls from DGs long before being officially preselected. So now I’m just super nervous.
YaYa

Fri May 03, 2019 12:09 pm
Printsess_B wrote:Hey, guys! Any news? I was preselected, but have not heard anything back. Has anybody gotten any calls from DGs? One of my friends from previous year told me that he had gotten 5 calls from DGs long before being officially preselected. So now I’m just super nervous.

I'm sure you misunderstood your friend. Officially, the DGs have only access to your application when you've passed the eligibility check (whether your submitted documents match with your application details). Only then will you be listed in the official Bluebook. According to the Commission, they notify us about the outcome of the eligibility check in April or May - which means that we could get a message in 3 days or in 3 weeks. So I'm quite sure that nobody has received any calls or emails from any DG yet. Just make sure you check your emails regularly and to be safe also the EU career portal.
Also: If he told you that he got 5 calls from DGs BEFORE he was even preselected, it would mean that they knew about him before his application was even processed.
to88

Sat May 04, 2019 11:11 am
Printsess_B wrote:Hey, guys! Any news? I was preselected, but have not heard anything back. Has anybody gotten any calls from DGs? One of my friends from previous year told me that he had gotten 5 calls from DGs long before being officially preselected. So now I’m just super nervous.

Hey there, yea, friends of mine from a few years back said they got calls by now. So they think the procedure may have changed because they are surprised it has taken this long for me to hear. But I guess if no one has gotten any type of confirmation yet, then there have been no selections made yet either. . .
dcs

Wed May 08, 2019 12:14 pm
Any news of dates we will know if we pass the pre-selection and enter the BB list or not? Is there any indicative number of days to evaluate our documents? I've looked at the FAQs but I couldn't find any date...
YaYa

Wed May 08, 2019 12:54 pm
dcs wrote:Any news of dates we will know if we pass the pre-selection and enter the BB list or not? Is there any indicative number of days to evaluate our documents? I've looked at the FAQs but I couldn't find any date...
No, they just state that they'll notify us between in the period of April and May.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum