Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PaulineS

EESC and COR Empty EESC and COR

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:05 pm
Hi all!

Did you get the validation from the CoR already?

lol

EESC and COR Empty Re: EESC and COR

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:16 pm
Hi,

Got my validation from CoR today.
el21

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:19 pm
Received both CoR and EESC validation!
el21

Wed May 11, 2016 6:23 pm
Anyone else got their pre-selection email from CoR?
candidate

Wed May 11, 2016 6:55 pm
I did not get anything, when did you receive the news?
el21

Wed May 11, 2016 6:56 pm
Today got 2 emails from CoR. A general one and one from a specific unit asking for the documents to be uploaded.
candidate

Wed May 11, 2016 7:01 pm
I have been pre-selected before, now obviously not. You will have a phone interview in a week or two. Previously there were 4 or 5 shortlisted candidates competing for 1 place. The interview is normally a formality, nothing challenging there.
el21

Wed May 11, 2016 7:04 pm
thnx for the info! it's my first time applying for CoR and I did it kind of randomly since I prefer the EESC. But I'll give it a try anyway! Maybe other Units will select later? Good luck anyway!
PaulineS

Thu May 12, 2016 12:38 pm
Hi eleni21, congratulations! May I ask you what is your background?
candidate

Thu May 12, 2016 4:24 pm
Sorry to interfere, but I have asked this question several times regarding pre-selected and selected candidates and what I have learned is that there is no template for a potentially successful applicant. I have applied for various EU institutions after I completed my Bachelor's and following my Master's degree graduation. So far I have not been selected even though I was shortlisted a few times. I have seen students holding only Bachelor's degree getting a traineeship with the EP, EC and the rest and I have also noticed over-qualified applicants with two Master's degree, substantial work experience with an excellent command of English, French and German not to get through even to the second phase of the selection process. Since there are no clear-cut and transparent selection gauge or standard, I have started to believe that one needs also a considerable amount of luck which should not be the case with merit-based traineeships. Anyway, I am not going to apply for this any longer. Good luck to all those still hoping!
el21

Thu May 12, 2016 4:31 pm
Totally agree with candidate! I have been applying since I got my Bachelor's with no results (not even pre-selected). My background is quite basic. BA in European Studies, finishing my MA in European Affairs, 3 foreign languages, 2 years working experience and some research experience, 3 experiences abroad (France and the UK). Good luck to everyone!
FJ90

Thu May 12, 2016 5:27 pm
Hello to everybody,

I am nervous because these days we should have received an answer from the CoR. According to the FAQs which can be downloaded in the webpage of the CoR, the e-mails of pre-selection are sent by the 15th May.

Are there anybody else waiting for these e-mails? I must understand that, if someone has received already an e-mail of pre-selection, the rest of us are not selected.

I hope to be wrong, but I fear that next Monday 16th we will receive the typically e-mail of: NOT SELECTED-RESERVE LIST...
Okezie

Fri May 13, 2016 5:35 pm
Hello Everybody

I was notified today: my COR status is now RESERVE LIST. I think my hope is fading considerably;)
lol

Fri May 13, 2016 8:31 pm
Okezie wrote:Hello Everybody

I was notified today: my COR status is now RESERVE LIST. I think my hope is fading considerably;)

Got the same message today:(
lol

Wed May 18, 2016 10:51 pm
Hey guys,

anyone got any news from the EESC?
candidate

Thu May 19, 2016 9:36 am
I think they must have finished with the shortlisting phase by now and have moved on to the interviews.
lol

Fri May 20, 2016 11:49 am
candidate wrote:I think they must have finished with the shortlisting phase by now and have moved on to the interviews.

Decided to write to the EESC (just to make sure of my rejection) and got the answer that the pre-selection process is still on-going and they are hoping to give more information soon. The status of our application should then change to pre-selected or not pre-selected.
Okezie

Fri May 20, 2016 7:40 pm
lol wrote:
candidate wrote:I think they must have finished with the shortlisting phase by now and have moved on to the interviews.

Decided to write to the EESC (just to make sure of my rejection) and got the answer that the pre-selection process is still on-going and they are hoping to give more information soon. The status of our application should then change to pre-selected or not pre-selected.

Welldone bro
candidate

Fri May 20, 2016 9:08 pm
Last year I had the interview with the EESC before 20 May. Usually for the CoR and the EESC there are a four or five thousand applicants per session who compete for about 20 positions each. You can do the math for the chances / probability of getting in. And even when they shortlist someone, which seems like getting into NASA for engineers, the departments make a list with 5-6 applicants which they rank in order of preference. The top one / two candidate on the list normally gets through. Hence the interview almost does not matter, unless you screw it up or your language skills are screaming for improvement.
candidate

Thu May 26, 2016 1:15 pm
I think we have moved past the healthy maxim 'no news is good news' by now. I am not so surprised that there are no EESC pre-selected one to comment though. Since there are so few of them, maybe they do not know about this site or they do not bother to tell others that it is done for the rest of us.
el21

Tue May 31, 2016 4:00 pm
My status on EESC just changed to "not-selected". check your accounts.
Anna_Ko

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:39 am
el21 wrote:My status on EESC just changed to "not-selected". check your accounts.

I don't see anything in my application, not even that it is valid, although I received an email "Application form valid". Maybe I am doing something wrong.. Where are you, guys, checking the application status? Thanks
anamrnt

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:35 pm
Hi everybody,

Last Tuesday I received the confirmation email of EESC pre-selection  Smile  since it’s the first time I have applied, do you know how long does the whole process take? Maybe the results will be published in a month or so? I don’t actually have big expectations of being selected, but I would like to get some idea anyway. Thanks!
nbr92

Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:43 am
Hey peeps,

I also received my pre-selection email last Tuesday and I don't want to generate high expectations either. It's my first time as well, but accordingly with what I have read in the other threads every year varies. We have until the 7th to submit our documents and after that they will contact the first candidates in the ranking. Somebody mentioned that they pre-select 5-6 candidates for each department, therefore if you are not the 1st or 2nd on the list your chances to get selected drop considerably, as you need that the other candidates decline the offer.

Best of luck!

gkar90

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:09 pm
Got my ''eligibility check confirmed'' e-mail this Monday, for EESC. I guess until next Tuesday - Wednesday they will send the first offers.
nbr92

Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:29 am
Hello! I just got an email saying that I am selected.
Good luck to everyone!!! If anyone got selected too please contact me!
gkar90

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:11 am
Good morning guys, got selected too!!

Congratulations nbr92! Very Happy

Which departments have you applied for?
mariac

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:54 am
Congratulaions, guys!!!!

I just received the reserve list mail Neutral

Hope you have a great time!!
Giugiu

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:30 pm
Got selected too for Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment! Smile I will contact u guys next week!
Giugiu

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:47 pm
btw I wasn't contacted for any interview.. were you?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum