Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

+54
Marije
ElTacoRico
Montesian
student90#
CPRibeiro
GreenSpiral
kiwisille
Ina91
Pouceto
Pietro2
angie207
Jares21
Olga
AnnaR
S&M&M
Kasian
Rk93
AnnaTov
RegWeh
CMD
danziger
llyla2
faza33
Thaulov
batti
Eri
PoEU
SofiiaB
diam
Smooothie
tatka
b00tsi3
alinablu
Lapinissima
chiaraors
after
alex-marseille
chekhov45
int123
jvs
Adam123
suaro006
nem0
Alexia 007
tine305
Alchemist
Guillem
elo89
Beni H
Kärtner
antonomasia
JoaoRS
kanamak
OM91
58 posters
Go down
Olga

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information Empty Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 am
Dear pre-selected candidates Smile,

I created this topic for sharing information from DG, that we got during lobbying process.

If you decided to lobby, did it, and got some relevant (for other) replies from DG/Unit's about their trainee capacity for the March 2016 Session, let's share it with others.

Good luck to all of you!
Guillem

Lobbying and DG/Unit Information Empty Re: Lobbying and DG/Unit Information

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:48 am
Hi all,

For now, I have received answers from two units stating they are not accepting any Blue Book trainee this session. Those are:

- Partnership Instrument Unit of the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments Department
- Common Foreign and Security Policy Operations Unit of the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments Department
Olga

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 am
Hi,
thank you for your sharing.

No trainees for March 2016 session here as well:

- DG Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations /C.2 Regional Programmes Neighbourhood East
- DG Agriculture and Rural Development /Unit B2 – Analysis of Trade and International Policies
Alchemist

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 am
I got the first automatic polite 'f*** off, don't harass us' email: Dear trainee candidate, Thank you for your e-mail. The EPSC is now examining the CVs of the pre-selected candidates for a traineeship at the European Commission. In case they are interested in your application, they will contact you in order to check your availability and your interest in their service. If you are selected for a traineeship in one of our services, you will receive an official offer from the Traineeships Office. Given the huge number of applicants, we would be grateful if in the meantime you would refrain from contacting the Human Resources or the concerned units.
Olga

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:05 pm
Alchemist wrote:I got the first automatic polite 'f*** off, don't harass us' email: Dear trainee candidate, Thank you for your e-mail. The EPSC is now examining the CVs of the pre-selected candidates for a traineeship at the European Commission. In case they are interested in your application, they will contact you in order to check your availability and your interest in their service. If you are selected for a traineeship in one of our services, you will receive an official offer from the Traineeships Office. Given the huge number of applicants, we would be grateful if in the meantime you would refrain from contacting the Human Resources or the concerned units.

Did you write to the General-Trainee-E-mails (that had been indicated in the preselected message), didn't you?

From my side: last time, when I had been preselected to the Blue Book, I did not lobby at all, and was not contacted by any Units or DGs. So this time I decided to use another strategy: to lobby. No idea what really works, it is just my strategy, different one this time Smile
Alchemist

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:13 pm
Olga wrote:

Did you write to the General-Trainee-E-mails (that had been indicated in the preselected message), didn't you?

From my side: last time, when I had been preselected to the Blue Book, I did not lobby at all, and was not contacted by any Units or DGs. So this time I decided to use another strategy: to lobby. No idea what really works, it is just my strategy, different one this time Smile

Yes I did. I'm going to try a few personal emails now. I really don't feel like I know what I am doing lol.
Guillem

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:15 pm
@Alchemist

I don´t know if you wrote to the email provided by the Trainee offices but try to address directly to the person you want to work with. So far I have received coupe of personnal answers, two even resend my email to the actual Head of Units (they were still listed as Head of the targeted units on the last version of whoswho).
Olga

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:16 pm
Alchemist wrote:
Olga wrote:

Yes I did. I'm going to try a few personal emails now. I really don't feel like I know what I am doing lol.

The same feeling here. No worries, nobody knows...
Olga

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:19 pm
Guillem wrote:@Alchemist

I don´t know if you wrote to the email provided by the Trainee offices but try to address directly to the person you want to work with. So far I have received coupe of personnal answers, two even resend my email to the actual Head of Units (they were still listed as Head of the targeted units on the last version of whoswho).

May I ask you, how many Units have you already contacted?

I sent around 20 E-Mails, but I have some more in my drafts.
CMD

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:32 pm
So I just received some strange phone call: one of the Units I lobbied called me to say they were not entitled to a trainee this session but remained very interested and asked me to call them if I don't get selected by another Unit. This is strange right?
Btw I've sent about 15 emails so far all within the DG COMP. The Unit not accepting trainee is D-2 Antitrust - Financial Services.
Guillem

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm
@Olga

I have sent around 15 emails, all of which were precisely within my area of interest. Now, I will start sending emails to other HoU related "somehow" to my area of interest.

@CMD
Sounds strange indeed, but that also sounds as good news!
OM91

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:53 pm
Got pre-selected!
Am I too late for starting lobbying? ahaha Laughing
I got the news yesterday afternoon, but I haven't started yet due to work.
Crying or Very sad

Alchemist

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Make sure your autocorrect is off. Or it might change the name of the person you are addressing into the name of a vegetable. F my life. I'm going to take a break from sending emails like an idiot.
OM91

Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:04 pm
Alchemist wrote:Make sure your autocorrect is off. Or it might change the name of the person you are addressing into the name of a vegetable. F my life. I'm going to take a break from sending emails like an idiot.

Really? Oh shit! pale
OM91

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:20 pm
I got this answer. Really quick, really a polity "f*** off" kind of reply.

"Dear **, thank you for your interest to work with us.
Kind regards,
Paola Colombo"
Kärtner

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:05 pm
Dear all,

I have the following questions.

1. In the field of interest I chose INTER-INSTITUTIONAL RELATIONS but there is nothing like that among the DGs on the web site of the EC. Does any one has an idea where can I look it for?

2. Do you write your lobbying e-mails like motivation letters? And where do you take e-mail-addresses? Could someone give a link on the addresses of Communication departments, for example?

BR
Rk93

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:02 am
I lobbied DG Connect (Comms) as I had already got round to drafting them and got the polite 'there's no need to resend your CV because all your details are in the blue book, and we'll contact you if we want you'. I then got an email from EAC saying I was shortlisted, she didn't have time to interview so wanted to know if I was interested so she could decide on Monday. I'm really excited because EAC was one of my preferred departments so fingers crossed I hear back on Monday, and I'm kind of glad there'll be no interview because I hate phone interviews.

Do you think some units will wait til Monday to contact for the first time?
antonomasia

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:31 pm
I lobbied just a little bit... 5 or 6 e-mails, and I have similar replies as some of you: basically "thank you for your interest, the process is startying bal bla", some automatic replies, and then a Unit I was very interested in that informed me they won't have trainees during this session. Too bad.

But anyway, as far as I understand from the past sessions, different DG can work differently in relation to this lobby thing, so who knows.. I personally wrote to the few Units I was really interested in/have some related experience with, and that'is it. I guess there's not a "best strategy".

Now it will be interesting to hear about the telephones calls they will start to do.

Good luck to all of us!
antonomasia

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:39 pm
Rk93 wrote:I lobbied DG Connect (Comms) as I had already got round to drafting them and got the polite 'there's no need to resend your CV because all your details are in the blue book, and we'll contact you if we want you'.  I then got an email from EAC saying I was shortlisted, she didn't have time to interview so wanted to know if I was interested so she could decide on Monday.  I'm really excited because EAC was one of my preferred departments so fingers crossed I hear back on Monday, and I'm kind of glad there'll be no interview because I hate phone interviews.  

Do you think some units will wait til Monday to contact for the first time?

Rk93, can I ask you if you were e-mailed by EAC in general or a specific unit?
Rk93

Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:33 pm
It was from a specific person in EAC who said she worked on the DG's social media team, but her email signature said she was from Unit C4.
CMD

Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:13 am
Unit A/4 in the DG COMP is not accepting trainee either!
chiaraors

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:21 am
Unit B.1 in the DG HOME is not accepting trainees this session.
Smooothie

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:49 am
EEAS MD VI A 1 — Human Rights Policy Guidelines and Multilateral Cooperation Division is not accepting trainees this session.
Olga

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:50 am
CMD,
chiaraors,
Smoothie,

have you received the answers today?
chiaraors

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:55 am
Olga I received an email yesterday from Ms Corrado, Head of Legal Migration and Integration Unit. I don't know if it's better to contact the DG asking which unit is accepting trainees for March 2016. What would you suggest?
Olga

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:00 pm
chiaraors wrote:Olga I received an email yesterday from Ms Corrado, Head of Legal Migration and Integration Unit. I don't know if it's better to contact the DG asking which unit is accepting trainees for March 2016. What would you suggest?

Thank you,
so, they work on Sundays as well.. Now I will be waiting for calls during weekends as well Very Happy

I think, it is a good idea - to contact DGs. Why not?
CMD

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:12 pm
Olga, I received the answers on Friday!
Olga

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:14 pm
CMD wrote:Olga, I received the answers on Friday!

thanks. I've sent some more lobby E-mails today, have not received any answers so far...

Sad
Smooothie

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:18 pm
I got the answer this morning, within an hour or two.
If anyone e-mails the DG directly asking which units are accepting trainees, can you let us know what they respond?
I'm giving up on lobbying as none of the units i am interested in seem to be taking trainees.. maybe i'll let it be and hope they get in touch.
CMD

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:29 pm
Olga, Yeah I've sent about 25 lobbying emails and only got 4 answers so far and one of them had not even seen my email! But I think it's important to do all we can to get an offer so I don't regret the effort!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum