Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
easy2015

Selecting the Area of Interest Empty Selecting the Area of Interest

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm
Hi everyone,

I am currently filling in the application and have a hard time understanding how to select the area of interest.
I would like to do a traineeship  in the European Research Council or DG Innovation & Research, as I have a strong a strong background in social science research plus work experience in NGOs. I was considering to add the 'Scientific Research' as my interest area, yet I don't know if it is just about 'natural/'hard' sciences - any idea?

Also how did you decide about the area of interest?

Overall, how binding or important is the selected 'area of interest' for the selection process?
Obviously, it is in the motivation where you explain why you're qualified, but are the different units selecting the candidates based on the declared area of interest?

Thanks for your answers!
lucia_roman

Selecting the Area of Interest Empty Re: Selecting the Area of Interest

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:53 pm
It helps in picking you up from the database
Alessi

Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:53 am
I think you can read the job description of the "Scientific Research" in the Job Family document, this document is available in PDF, just click on the box next to the blank you fill out the "area of interest" on the screen. I don't know if once we selected the area of interest, we will be directed to that once selected ... the "area of interest" is to show what you like to do there, describe how your strengths and experience can match to that role, this will be able to interest the selection panel.
mmjean

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:23 am
Hi I've got a few questions about area of interest; please advise if you guys have any idea about them Smile
1. Are DGs linked with a specific area of interest? (ie. if we pick an area of interest, we will only be selected or eligible to join the linked DGs)
2. If yes, which are the ones usually linked with 'personal care and protection'?
3. Are 'personal care and protection' trainees usually of physician and disciplinary/security units background? (I am interested in population health and picked personal care and protection, judging from the description which says 'various fields of medicine'. however now that I look at the descriptions again, seems like population health fits better in 'scientific research' instead)

Thanks!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum