Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Moya

Motivation letter and work experience - question for previous trainees Empty Motivation letter and work experience - question for previous trainees

Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:32 am
Hi everyone,

I have two questions.

Firstly, I was hoping some previous trainee(s) would give us applicants some insight on what a good motivation letter looks like. Currently the motivation section is divided into three questions:

1) Tell us why you are applying for a traineeship at the European Commission, what your expectations are and why you think that you are a good candidate.

2) Motivation for the choice of area of interest.

3) Why do you consider your profile suitable for this area?

I am wondering what makes the texts actually stand out and not sound generic.

Secondly, I am wondering whether work experience abroad is more appreciated than work experience in your home country. Basically I have very short experience from working abroad and I would have to choose whether I mention that or longer employment relationship I have had back at home. I also wonder in general how work experience is evaluated - do you get more points for a longer employment relationship?

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes time to share their thoughts on these questions!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum